Getting ugly

Gimme Danger

I take that back. He was a part-timer eight years, 22.3 for three years and a driver for three years. Thanks for the correction. That is one hell of a resume compared to six years. He started there at 27, so I imagine he worked in another Teamster craft. Compared to the other two that were ousted yesterday he defiantly should have been there, if he wasn't a leaker.
He started UPS at age 22, with 1 year prior in warehouse industry.
I know what he's told me in casual conversation and what was reported at membership meetings. Last meeting he expressed his shame and opposition that the union committee proposed a concession.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know what he's told me in casual conversation and what was reported at membership meetings. Last meeting he expressed his shame and opposition that the union committee proposed a concession.
Taylor was not the right person for this job at THIS time.... O’Brien would have been my choice....he was the best that we had imo to deal with ups at THIS time...

Tony Q

Look at his bio on Facebook. I typed it in himself I'm sure. Maybe a heads up in in order. He was born in 1977 and he has fourteen years in, so maybe he's made an error. either that or it doesn't all stack up. anyway you should probably give him a heads up. I'm sure he will appreciate that.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The difference is everybody knows that ups works their people like dogs.... everybody.... we had support in 97 even though our wage then were above the average (and the company putting it out there how much we made)... now in 2018, throw in the fact that we deliver peoples amazon and that the govt gave businesses huge tax cuts and that we still are worked like dogs and I honestly thing everybody but the most Jealous anti union people will totally have our backs....
I respect your opinion but do you really believe people will have sympathy when most make less than 500 a week with little benefits??? UPS will be shouting to the media how much you guys make.

hopefully there will be no strike.

Remember to think about retirees since we have no voice. You'll all be retirees someday.

Tony Q

Taylor was not the right person for this job at THIS time.... O’Brien would have been my choice....he was the best that we had imo to deal with ups at THIS time...
Taylor is a UPSer, while O'Brien is not. I like both of them, but Sean's experience in the movie industry doesn't equate to UPS in my opinion. Even though he has never worked a minute in the craft I still think he has a lot of knowledge. It was a shame that he got fired, but I believe this was his plan all along to leapfrog into the GP spot. Nobody wants to be the lead negotiator for this contract, I mean KNOW BODY. This is a complete loser for anyone who would want to be the next General President. In my opinion Sean wanted to lose this job from day one and from day one he started campaigning. Now I'm no fan of Hoffa, but Sean deliberately did not follow instructions from the start. The real funny thing is that Freds loyal followers won't get behind Sean, because they know he does whats best for his own political interests.

F

Frankie's Friend

I respect your opinion but do you really believe people will have sympathy when most make less than 500 a week with little benefits??? UPS will be shouting to the media how much you guys make.

Remember to think about retirees since we have no voice. You'll all be retirees someday.
The general public can all apply at UPS like we did. Nobody is holding them back from working their way up thru the part time ranks into full time driving. The work is hard.
Get over yourself and quit acting like we all drive in feeders.

F

Frankie's Friend

Taylor is a UPSer, while O'Brien is not. I like both of them, but Sean's experience in the movie industry doesn't equate to UPS in my opinion. Even though he has never worked a minute in the craft I still think he has a lot of knowledge. It was a shame that he got fired, but I believe this was his plan all along to leapfrog into the GP spot. Nobody wants to be the lead negotiator for this contract, I mean KNOW BODY. This is a complete loser for anyone who would want to be the next General President. In my opinion Sean wanted to lose this job from day one and from day one he started campaigning. Now I'm no fan of Hoffa, but Sean deliberately did not follow instructions from the start. The real funny thing is that Freds loyal followers won't get behind Sean, because they know he does whats best for his own political interests.
Garbage.
There's so many lies in your statements that I'm not going to dissect them all.
Btw...if Taylor worked at ups you would think he was going to be more outspoken and tougher than SO.
Ok.

Your statements dont add up and the teamsters across the country know it is show time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I believe that those who happen to make less than 500 a week and little benefits will be the ones cheering the loudest. Wage stagnation and benefit cuts and not just a UPS/Teamster thing.
UPS will not be shouting to media about how much the membership makes not when I see the new hires being dropped off by their parents because they make a minimum wage. When I started many moons ago as a part timer, I was able to buy and insure a car, rent an apartment and buy food. The standard back them was a Union Job, whether it was part time or full was twice the state minimum wage, times sure changed.

Besides, the Teamster's leadership will be shouting the exact opposite on just how much Corporate and the Partners have been lining their pockets over the decades (secretly and quietly)...Research just how much a manager with 35 years in will get on their retirement and MIP stock options..Roughly twice what their fellow union members will be getting.

What we did to the retirees last contract was totally inexcusable, they should of been grandfathered with their Health and Welfare monetary contributions. It was apparently never fought for during the last contract negotiations, or if it was done it was just for appearances or token..

I am sure getting tired of our membership seeing fellow brothers and sisters getting the shaft and get into the mindset of saying "Well that is the way it has always been done, what can we do". The defeatist attitude will prevent us from questioning and taking action every time, our leadership's salaries are paid by us, they are to be working and listening to us, if they don't or won't they have forfeited the right as a leader no matter what their title happens to be.

Tony Q

Garbage.
There's so many lies in your statements that I'm not going to dissect them all.
Btw...if Taylor worked at ups you would think he was going to be more outspoken and tougher than SO.
Ok.

Your statements dont add up and the teamsters across the country know it is show time.
Okay, you are entitled to you own opinion, just don't get to upset. I don't want to get you all upset, this is just healthy dialogue. I'm sure you know all the interworkings of the IBT and I don't. tase care of yourself.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

What the HELL are you talking about !!!!
There are more people in the general public that quit UPS because it was too hard than are unionly employed here.
Every area in the US has seen the UPS trucks out there after 8pm.
Every business owner has seen their delivery times changed because they're not the BIG account.
Air service has been pitiful at best, not even a priority anymore.
I read constantly how bad the USPS and Lazership misdelivered packages on my local Facebook feeds. We ARE the top dog in shipping because of the workers.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, NO ONE GIVES A :censored2: HOW MUCH WE'RE PAID
Feeder drivers are an exception because of the CDL and the OT available.
Package car drivers are beat up on a daily basis worse now than ever before.
Inside workers are part time and have limited years in the company to be making 500/a week
After one year, that "lowly" paid part timer has the EXACT benefits I do after 25 years, so zip it. Little benefits my ASS.

I could care less how much the UPS pilots or mechanics are making because they have serious gripes about how this company bargains.
If there's a strike or not, you're dependency on the pension was your first financial mistake.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster

Fake news any inside worker makes peanuts. Let’s make videos of the conditions we work in and see what the public thinks

F

Frankie's Friend

Okay, you are entitled to you own opinion, just don't get to upset. I don't want to get you all upset, this is just healthy dialogue. I'm sure you know all the interworkings of the IBT and I don't. tase care of yourself.
More deflective propaganda.

PS/I'm not upset but I marvel at your "wisdom".
The major issue here is trust and the lack thereof for this administration. Speaking to your point about politics I will respond that few hourly know who to trust and the last cba debacle reinforces that problem.

Tony Q

More deflective propaganda.

PS/I'm not upset but I marvel at your "wisdom".
The major issue here is trust and the lack thereof for this administration. Speaking to your point about politics I will respond that few hourly know who to trust and the last cba debacle reinforces that problem.
Sounds like a plan then. I'm glad you are okay.