GROUND IS TAKING OVER EXPRESS

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Pickups generate revenue, deliveries don't. Not my problem if you can't accept that and are coming up with retarded zoo chimp logic to explain otherwise.
Well then maybe Fred should just get rid of all delivery drivers and only keep drivers that just pickup. Then at the end of the day all the packages could go into dumpsters behind the building. Think of all the saving$.

Then your meaningless job wouldn't be required, then you can go crawling back to whoever employed you before. How 'bout that?

oldrps

Pickups generate revenue, deliveries don't. Not my problem if you can't accept that and are coming up with retarded zoo chimp logic to explain otherwise.

FedEx doesn't invoice/bill a customer until a package is delivered. No delivery, no revenue, been that way for over 10 years.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And yet it's the couriers doing the pickups that brings in the revenue that makes your job possible. Learn to appreciate the humble front liners that you're obviously so superior to. And be thankful. And this work that anyone can do? A lot of people have come and gone who thought the same until they tried it. Takes a certain type to put up with weather, traffic, customer complaints, management BS, and stick with it for decades only to have some little know it all say that after 20-30 years of faithful service they should be pushed out because they no longer perform at the rate they once did because the rigors of the job combined with age are starting to cause physical issues.

Read this post aloud with the following music playing in the background. It really makes a difference!

Battle Hymn of the Republic works too.

59 Dano

Well then maybe Fred should just get rid of all delivery drivers and only keep drivers that just pickup. Then at the end of the day all the packages could go into dumpsters behind the building. Think of all the saving$.

Then your meaningless job wouldn't be required, then you can go crawling back to whoever employed you before. How 'bout that?

Makes as much sense as anything else you say.

59 Dano

FedEx doesn't invoice/bill a customer until a package is delivered. No delivery, no revenue, been that way for over 10 years.

LOL, my God. A delivery doesn't happen without the PICKUP. Same reason the generation of revenue of an airplane ticket is at the departure airport and not the destination airport.

zeev

Express heavy weight they have told us pickups are more important. Why you miss a pickup no revenue you miss a delivery put in a code in and deliver later. or at our location never leave the building.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
LOL, my God. A delivery doesn't happen without the PICKUP. Same reason the generation of revenue of an airplane ticket is at the departure airport and not the destination airport.
A pickup generates potential revenue.

An on time delivery generates the bill.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Express heavy weight they have told us pickups are more important. Why you miss a pickup no revenue you miss a delivery put in a code in and deliver later. or at our location never leave the building.

This has always been the case. On late freight days, it was common to be told to stop delivering and just do pickups because that was "new" freight and revenue. The deliveries were business already in-hand.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not really. Seems there all kinds of reasons why the late deliveries are excepted from the money back guarantee.

FedEx Customer Service specializes in lies so they don't have to pay-off. "Mechanical delays", Act of God, bad weather, and on and on, and, of course, rampant falsification.

We were flat out told to just make something up if someone called the station.