GROUND IS TAKING OVER EXPRESS

bacha29

Keep praying. That’s your only hope. Lolol. I’ll keep making 110K a year to do the same job you do for peanuts. Have fun.
You're whistling through the grave yard pal. The entire industry is in a race to the bottom of the cheap rate, cheap labor, lowest cost provider outcome. Face it. You don't exactly have to be here on a Fulbright to know how to pick up a box and haul over to someplace else. In fact you're seeing the beginning of it with your own contract with the creation of the 22.4 employee. It's like a cancer and it's only going to spread through the industry and the only thing that will spare you personally from being impacted is if you have enough seniority to stay above the fray.
Then again given the growing prospect of pension plan insolvency in the end even you may feel some pain in the days ahead.

Gone fishin

I was a rehire at Express in 1998. The most I ever made after being rehired was $48k and I worked 6 days a week most of the year for that. And I never made more than $47k as a topped out employee before I quit after 11 years in 1997. Was back almost 15 years when I quit in 2013. Rehired in 2014, took the early pension at 55 start of 2017. With the new pay plan if I had stayed I would be almost 64 before topping out. IF they kept their word and they already broke their word last year. So from where I'm sitting $110k a year is great money.
My wife and now both my kids make over 100 in 40 hours of non back breaking work. My point was slinging boxes for 60 hours a week is nothing to brag about in 2020

Serf

My wife and now both my kids make over 100 in 40 hours of non back breaking work. My point was slinging boxes for 60 hours a week is nothing to brag about in 2020
I hear ya. But sitting in a desk, eating cold cuts and porridge is not everyone’s cup of tea either.

vantexan

This is a website full of and dedicated to drivers and couriers. You know, the kind of people who do the work that brings in the revenue so folks like you can look down on us.

Gone fishin

This is a website full of and dedicated to drivers and couriers. You know, the kind of people who do the work that brings in the revenue so folks like you can look down on us.
You missed that entire point. Right by ya and over your head. The ups guy was bragging about making a 110 thousand and we made peanuts. I said in 2020 that’s not huge money. There’s easier ways of doing it rather than slinging boxes for 60 hours.
Hopefully this helps you

Working4the1%

You missed that entire point. Right by ya and over your head. The ups guy was bragging about making a 110 thousand and we made peanuts. I said in 2020 that’s not huge money. There’s easier ways of doing it rather than slinging boxes for 60 hours.
Hopefully this helps you
Wow...That was an easy one

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And come January and the Repugs have an overwhelming majority in both Houses a Republican president and the federal courts stacked to the max with hard line conservative judges......just exactly what will you have at your disposal to stop a complete disembowelment of the legislation that keeps you in your sheltered little union shop world?

Changing union labor laws isn't even on the federal GOP radar.

bacha29

Changing union labor laws isn't even on the federal GOP radar.
'Right to work" laws passed by conservative state legislatures and conservative SCOTUS rulings has done the heavy lifting so that congress doesn't have to get its hands dirty Not to mention the fact that only about 12% of US workers are under a collective bargaining agreement and some if not the majority of unions the exception being public sector labor unions have little workplace influence in the places where they represent the workers.

Working4the1%

'Right to work" laws passed by conservative state legislatures and conservative SCOTUS rulings has done the heavy lifting so that congress doesn't have to get its hands dirty Not to mention the fact that only about 12% of US workers are under a collective bargaining agreement and some if not the majority of unions the exception being public sector labor unions have little workplace influence in the places where they represent the workers.
Joe Biden “The Union is the Middle Class “ after dominating Super Tuesday

59 Dano

It wasn't voted on until the Republicans won back the House. The Democrats tabled it after receiving fat donations. So @MrFedEx can rail against Republicans all day but it was his Democrats that betrayed Express employees. And Republicans like you who try to alter the reality that our party doesn't give a damn about workers either. It takes a populist to come and try to make a difference. Which draws the scoffers out in force.

I never said either party cared or didn't care, so I don't know what you're jabbering about in that regard.

Like I told one of the others, Express couriers belong under the RLA because it explicitly covers airlines and Express couriers exceed the standards used by the National Mediation Board to determine RLA vs NLRA coverage. Don't think airline employees should be covered? Don't blame me, take it up with your congressional representatives to have airlines removed from the RLA.

About the bill in question... UPS lobbied to have language inserted into the reauthorization bill to create a special rule (targeting Express) that prevented any Express employee whose employment didn't require FAA certification (pilots, crew members, mechanics) from being covered under the RLA. Fred lobbied for that language not to pass.

We generally frown upon these types of ersatz bills of attainders. You, on the other hand, looked the other way because it was self-serving. You complain about the money that got the bill tabled but I never heard you complaining about the money that almost circumvented the letter and spirit of the law to provide you with special treatment. You were willing to be bought.

vantexan

Hopefully this helps you
You pointed out you make about as much without having to sling boxes on a FedEx forum. The vast majority of FedEx couriers don't make anywhere near $110k if any. The vast majority would love to make $110k and have his benefits. So if someone here just doesn't get it....:rolleyes:

vantexan

I never said either party cared or didn't care, so I don't know what you're jabbering about in that regard.

Like I told one of the others, Express couriers belong under the RLA because it explicitly covers airlines and Express couriers exceed the standards used by the National Mediation Board to determine RLA vs NLRA coverage. Don't think airline employees should be covered? Don't blame me, take it up with your congressional representatives to have airlines removed from the RLA.

About the bill in question... UPS lobbied to have language inserted into the reauthorization bill to create a special rule (targeting Express) that prevented any Express employee whose employment didn't require FAA certification (pilots, crew members, mechanics) from being covered under the RLA. Fred lobbied for that language not to pass.

We generally frown upon these types of ersatz bills of attainders. You, on the other hand, looked the other way because it was self-serving. You complain about the money that got the bill tabled but I never heard you complaining about the money that almost circumvented the letter and spirit of the law to provide you with special treatment. You were willing to be bought.
Uh oh, hit a nerve. You used the dreaded jabbering word. I wasn't bought because I didn't have a vote in the matter. And it would have passed if UPS had contributed more than Fred. It was the Democrats who could be bought. Everyone already knew Republicans are anti-union. And spare me the sanctimony. You've made it clear in the past that couriers didn't deserve anymore than they got. Believe me when your benefits are stripped and you have to work next to topped out employees for 15 years who not only make $5hr+ more than you but are also getting more than twice you are in raises you start praying that someone, anyone, will give you some relief. And don't be hypocritical. You know good and well that if the couriers got a union in guys like you would see your salaries go stagnant if not freeze as Fred tried everything to pay for it all and keep Wall Street happy. Talk about self serving. How's that for jabbering?

59 Dano

Uh oh, hit a nerve. You used the dreaded jabbering word. I wasn't bought because I didn't have a vote in the matter. And it would have passed if UPS had contributed more than Fred. It was the Democrats who could be bought. Everyone already knew Republicans are anti-union. And spare me the sanctimony. You've made it clear in the past that couriers didn't deserve anymore than they got.

I don't determine what couriers deserve, the market does.

Believe me when your benefits are stripped and you have to work next to topped out employees for 15 years who not only make $5hr+ more than you but are also getting more than twice you are in raises you start praying that someone, anyone, will give you some relief.

"Stripped"? "Relief"? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you were topped out or almost topped out the first time you quit. Your issue is your bad decisions.

And don't be hypocritical. You know good and well that if the couriers got a union in guys like you would see your salaries go stagnant if not freeze as Fred tried everything to pay for it all and keep Wall Street happy. Talk about self serving.

ROTFLMAO. Here's how they deal with guys like me when they need to save money - they buy out some of us, (maybe) reclassify some of us, change job responsibilities, then redistribute the work.

How's that for jabbering?

Olympic level.