Ground taking over

MAKAVELI

It wasn't my idea, it's what they said. Though I never claimed they said anything about cutting pay and bennies.

Regardless, I guess it was a mere coincidence that all this started after Fred left.
Network 2.0 and DRIVE haven't been fully implemented yet. That cliff is getting closer and once they jump off, there ain't no coming back.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They have the DOT# that contractors operate under. A true independent contractor would have their own DOT#.
LOL, who owns and operates the truck?

"A true independent contractor," LOL. This is how the court system said it should be done for this to be a legitimate contractor model. Maybe you missed the lawsuits; they were only discussed ad nauseam here.

MAKAVELI

"A true independent contractor," LOL. This is how the court system said it should be done for this to be a legitimate contractor model. Maybe you missed the lawsuits; they were only discussed ad nauseam here.
You're conflating two different issues. One being the contractor model and one the RLA status. They aren't one in the same.

59 Dano

You're conflating two different issues. One being the contractor model and one the RLA status. They aren't one in the same.
I'm not conflating anything. Express has RLA status, and some of its freight will be delivered by third party contractors. The latter has no bearing on the former, not matter what the board's prime mental patient says.

Lates

Dano has no clue what’s happening he retired and is obviously around Nashville by his radio station choice. I do not think the seniors or directors even feel safe in our area everyone is scrambling to save themselves. Everyone thought we would be losing rural areas but it’s the opposite giving up the main city we service which takes more than half our stops. It’s just going to continue into larger markets. Once UPS contract is done they will shift focus to trying to level the field with fedex.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not conflating anything. Express has RLA status, and some of its freight will be delivered by third party contractors. The latter has no bearing on the former, not matter what the board's prime mental patient says.
Ground is not a Third Party contractor. As always, you rely on the past, not the present, and the present is quite different. Let's see how crazy I am when this BS gets slapped down hard.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Dano seems kind of worried, eh? He's trying extra hard to pretend that nothing has changed and that old rulings will still save the day. I don't think so.

59 Dano

Ground is not a Third Party contractor. As always, you rely on the past, not the present, and the present is quite different. Let's see how crazy I am when this BS gets slapped down hard.

All you do is say it's wrong over and over. No evidence. No legal precedence. Nothing.

59 Dano

Dano has no clue what’s happening he retired and is obviously around Nashville by his radio station choice. I do not think the seniors or directors even feel safe in our area everyone is scrambling to save themselves. Everyone thought we would be losing rural areas but it’s the opposite giving up the main city we service which takes more than half our stops. It’s just going to continue into larger markets. Once UPS contract is done they will shift focus to trying to level the field with fedex.
Good lord.

It was posited months ago upon the initial announcement of Network 2.0 that it certain markets could just as easily lose dense city Express volume as they could lose rural Express volume - it all depends on the logistics of that market. That doesn't stop people from pulling ideas out of their butts, preaching it as gospel, and it being wrong.

And to correct another of your errors, I'm not retired and I'm obviously around Nashville because I've said so here a million times that I live here and work from home most of the time.

zeev

Ground taking over is based on are there enough Ground drivers in the area. Being this is near Nashville than there has to be enough because that’s the home base of Patton and Route Consultant if you can’t make it there you can’t make it anywhere.

Lates

Good lord.

It was posited months ago upon the initial announcement of Network 2.0 that it certain markets could just as easily lose dense city Express volume as they could lose rural Express volume - it all depends on the logistics of that market. That doesn't stop people from pulling ideas out of their butts, preaching it as gospel, and it being wrong.

And to correct another of your errors, I'm not retired and I'm obviously around Nashville because I've said so here a million times that I live here and work from home most of the time.
Sorry assumed someone who would defend the company so vigorously would probably already be drawing a pension. Not too many people working for them now would be so passionate to defend them. I think it will come to Nashville the directors answer or reluctance to answer about it being done there kind of gives it away. Also the dishonesty behind it all we knew there was a new ground building we could all see it had an express sign on it as well but they spent a year telling us we weren’t moving and knew nothing of us moving or merging.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

All of the lawsuits were based on a business operation model that no longer exists. Ground is now delivering Express, a fundamental change. You can try to finesse it all day long but Ground can no longer be classified as “independent “, or third party because it is neither. Controlled, managed, and financially bound to FDX, the parent systems integrator.

You are so full of it. 2010 is not 2023, and any decisions made then we’re based on fun different circumstances. And you know it.

Lates

Update on this senior told us today that the people displaced at our station will have a job at BNA if we want it. I’ll probably go just to stay employed while I look for something else.