Ground taking over

Gone fishin

Update on this senior told us today that the people displaced at our station will have a job at BNA if we want it. I’ll probably go just to stay employed while I look for something else.
Just had a meeting. All markets aren’t the same. That’s all I can say

yadig

Update on this senior told us today that the people displaced at our station will have a job at BNA if we want it. I’ll probably go just to stay employed while I look for something else.
I heard Bna is moving to mount Juliet within a year

Serf

A job doing what? In the capacity of day routes? Pickup routes? P1 routes? Handlers?

fatboy33

How many miles away is that station from your present station?

Gone fishin

How many miles away is that station from your present station?
From what our senior told us and I read the announcement , merging will happen that areas make sense in. Areas that struggle for ground employees and constant turnover , with many jobs in the area will be a difficult merge.
If you’re close to an airport , many pickup customers move in the area for a late pickup and still able to make the flight , which ground can’t do.
There’s just different criteria for different areas.

zeev

When FedEx has the Ground force , Express will be long gone. I’ve for Ground contractors to drive a hard bargain.

Serf

When FedEx has the Ground force , Express will be long gone. I’ve for Ground contractors to drive a hard bargain.
I believe it. I’m in the Northeast. So dense. I suspect it will take longer to implement here. But I really don’t give a friend*ckk.

Lates

I heard Bna is moving to mount Juliet within a year
I’ve heard the same the senior manager says he knows nothing about it. If I go to Nashville it would be temporary if I’m driving to Nashville long term it’s for a better job than fedex but for I got bills to pay.

Lates

From what our senior told us and I read the announcement , merging will happen that areas make sense in. Areas that struggle for ground employees and constant turnover , with many jobs in the area will be a difficult merge.
If you’re close to an airport , many pickup customers move in the area for a late pickup and still able to make the flight , which ground can’t do.
There’s just different criteria for different areas.
You can’t believe anything they say I doubt they are even telling them the full plan.

yadig

I’ve heard the same the senior manager says he knows nothing about it. If I go to Nashville it would be temporary if I’m driving to Nashville long term it’s for a better job than fedex but for I got bills to pay.
I understand and just letting you know what a manager in Nashville told me. It’s gonna be next year or by June 2024

Lates

Another update was given a list of what the new routes would be. Any of the current routes that will still be left that get OT are being changed to 4 10s.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Another update was given a list of what the new routes would be. Any of the current routes that will still be left that get OT are being changed to 4 10s.
4-10’s as long as there’s no one out on injuries, personal leave or employee turnover. FedEx never learns that to run 4-10’s you have to be properly staffed. Well good luck with that!

MassWineGuy

Anyone have anything new to report in terms of closings, layoffs, etc.? If you have any official company documents, please post them.