Ground taking over

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ground isn't a separate entity. Ttku.....
This is a lot like Tucker Carlson's coverage of January 6th and the general operations of a misinformation network. We already have Raj admitting the opcos are no longer separate, we have employees telling us how operations have changed, and a clear combination of operations. Yet, according to the company and its various mouthpieces, nothing has changed in terms of basic operations. Like Carlson and FOX, all one needs to do is a bit of research to see that they are LYING. Like the internal Dominion texts and emails at FOX, FedEx sycophants and apologists don't want to "admit" FedEx has fundamentally changed its operation(s). An orgy of alternative facts.

It simply boggles the mind. "J6 didn't happen and neither did the combination of the opcos" Just be a good little sheep and believe what we (FedEx) say despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Amazing. And Denial59 will be right back in a few minutes to tell us again to ignore the facts.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What customers can expect from Ground:

1678229461525.png

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
LOL. This is hilarious! If Express isn't rightly classified as RLA under the law, why were they trying to change the law to specifically exclude Express????

I'm asking you to show that Express is improperly classified, you poor thing. Show me the text of the law, a court decision, something like that which would indicate that it isn't properly classified.
So, you subscribe to the fact that FedEx should be RLA regardless of the fact that Fat Freddy had to rely on political favors and payola to accomplish his “special deal.”

Fred is and always has been a giant weasel. You on the other hand are a blind weaselette.

bacha29

He’s the scum that murdered a 7 year old girl on his route, fyi.
I know....Not the first....Won't be the last.....But these are the kind of people Fat Freddy and Raj have bet the farm on.... The socioeconomic underclass of this nation.... Contractors will get some good ones but if they are good somebody both in and out of this industry will be picking them off one by one leaving the contractor to take what he can get.

With ground freight and it's slower transit times you have a little bit of leeway if you can't get everything done that day. Often volume spikes and short handed are often the cause. Air freight obviously not the case and I can't wait to see this whole thing blow up in their faces.

Mutineer

So, you subscribe to the fact that FedEx should be RLA regardless of the fact that Fat Freddy had to rely on political favors and payola to accomplish his “special deal.”

Fred is and always has been a giant weasel. You on the other hand are a blind weaselette.

The true weasels are the politicians who enable and allow FedEx to operate in the way it does.

Also, weasels are very amazing animals. I doubt they would like to be compared to Fred.

zeev

I know....Not the first....Won't be the last.....But these are the kind of people Fat Freddy and Raj have bet the farm on.... The socioeconomic underclass of this nation.... Contractors will get some good ones but if they are good somebody both in and out of this industry will be picking them off one by one leaving the contractor to take what he can get.

With ground freight and it's slower transit times you have a little bit of leeway if you can't get everything done that day. Often volume spikes and short handed are often the cause. Air freight obviously not the case and I can't wait to see this whole thing blow up in their faces.
Ground system of contractors seems to be collapsing lots of routes for sale and also lots of beaten up trucks for sale. Watched Route Consultant seems to be a big operation and there are quite a few imitators out there. Seems like more money in being a broker than a contractor.

Mutineer

Ground system of contractors seems to be collapsing lots of routes for sale and also lots of beaten up trucks for sale. Watched Route Consultant seems to be a big operation and there are quite a few imitators out there. Seems like more money in being a broker than a contractor.

In comparison, It has been written that during gold-rushes, the miners overall did very poorly with only a few notable, lucky exceptions.

What did well were the people who sold stuff to the miners, and the whore-houses.

lilwizbiz

Ahhh the good ol “ground is taking over FedEx soon” topic. Every year we get one of these. Congrats on being the first for 2023

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The true weasels are the politicians who enable and allow FedEx to operate in the way it does.

Also, weasels are very amazing animals. I doubt they would like to be compared to Fred.
Fred is the Head Weasel, and you are exactly correct. FedEx is trying to Carlson the "news" to pretend that nothing has changed, when, in reality, the change has been profound. Basically, just like Tucker, they're taking snippets of what really happened and are trying to present an alternate reality. Nothing happened on J6, just like nothing happened when the two opcos were merged. See? Just listen to the talking head that provides the company narrative.

It's pretty rich to hear Raj admit what they're doing and then have the minions like Dano and Express management play their little game of "Hide The Salami". We all know where it is, and who's getting the shaft, but according to them, none of it is actually happening, even though the CEO comes right out and states that the two companies are being combined.

It will be fine

Fred is the Head Weasel, and you are exactly correct. FedEx is trying to Carlson the "news" to pretend that nothing has changed, when, in reality, the change has been profound. Basically, just like Tucker, they're taking snippets of what really happened and are trying to present an alternate reality. Nothing happened on J6, just like nothing happened when the two opcos were merged. See? Just listen to the talking head that provides the company narrative.

It's pretty rich to hear Raj admit what they're doing and then have the minions like Dano and Express management play their little game of "Hide The Salami". We all know where it is, and who's getting the shaft, but according to them, none of it is actually happening, even though the CEO comes right out and states that the two companies are being combined.
Probably because they aren’t actually merging the companies. There’s not much benefit to do so. Why would they take the time and money to fold all of Ground management, employees and assets into Express? It’s cheaper to keep the current companies intact and sub out the work to each by what makes sense financially. It took them 10 years to merge TNT into Express, I don’t think they have the appetite to do that again.

Gone fishin

Probably because they aren’t actually merging the companies. There’s not much benefit to do so. Why would they take the time and money to fold all of Ground management, employees and assets into Express? It’s cheaper to keep the current companies intact and sub out the work to each by what makes sense financially. It took them 10 years to merge TNT into Express, I don’t think they have the appetite to do that again.
Because ground sucks. That simple. Plus one truck one area

bacha29

The message Wall Street gave to the company is clear and concise. Reduce both final mile and corporate overhead costs with the objective being improved margins and the ability to sustain those margins throughout the upcoming recession.

You're obviously quite excited to get to haul air box given that by your own admission a big mileage day for your trucks is 30 miles. Even despite that uncommon advantage there is no guarantee that you'll make money hauling air box. However for the guy out in rural America whose daily mileage can be upwards of 10 times what yours is he will likely have to leave assets at the terminal to wait for the air box to finally arrive then have a very small window to haul a very small load over a very long distance.

Contractors are already selling trucks and downsizing just to raise cash and cut capacity. It's quite obvious that they don't see air box as a solution to their problems but will only serve to compound and accelerate a deteriorating economic situation.

Rest assured the practice of taking an air box and wash it through the Express corporate machine and then pass it off to Ground who will then wash it again through the Ground corporate machine will not achieve that stated goal of cutting very big numbers out of the operating cost side of the balance sheet.

I believe that Raj and Fat Freddy greatly dislike having to make this move given the obvious risks and dangers involved especially given that it doesn't take an MBA to see that Ground completely lacks the uniform design structure needed to handle air box but I don't think they have much of a choice.