Ground taking over

bacha29

Meanwhile, we have guys at my station who won't sign a union card because "we don't need a union."

In 5 years UPS drivers will be making almost $50 an hour and our top out will still be in the low 30s.

SMH
Contractors had better hope that their box hogs don't take the time to actually read the new contract proposal. Part timers go to 21 an hour immediately Longer term PT's go to 23.50 . Currently UPS has 22,000 open positions with 7500 new full time positions soon to be created.

You can't help but wonder if at least part of the UPS strategy with these big pay increases was to put contractors in a position where they simply cannot compete for dependable highly productive labor. The kind you simply have got to have in this business.

Sure, in sparsely populated, high mileage, low economic activity areas contractors will find some people but many of those areas are places where contractors barely survive and many don't.

This UPS/IBT deal doesn't help FDX....It hurts it.

Gone fishin

Contractors had better hope that their box hogs don't take the time to actually read the new contract proposal. Part timers go to 21 an hour immediately Longer term PT's go to 23.50 . Currently UPS has 22,000 open positions with 7500 new full time positions soon to be created.

You can't help but wonder if at least part of the UPS strategy with these big pay increases was to put contractors in a position where they simply cannot compete for dependable highly productive labor. The kind you simply have got to have in this business.

Sure, in sparsely populated, high mileage, low economic activity areas contractors will find some people but many of those areas are places where contractors barely survive and many don't.

This UPS/IBT deal doesn't help FDX....It hurts it.
If you stay at ground you’re an idiot. That’s all , that easy. I’m stupid for staying at express till they get rid of me. I’m too old to start over. I still might leave

bacha29

Where’s doom and gloom @bacha29 now? 🤡
Hey. UPS Union Strong. I was told to stay at FDX page. So what are you doing over here?
No question IBT's got a very attractive deal. In a country where home grown supplies of quality physical labor are becoming harder to come by in some areas UPS appears to have resolved to do what it believes to be necessary to get it's share.

bacha29

If you stay at ground you’re an idiot. That’s all , that easy. I’m stupid for staying at express till they get rid of me. I’m too old to start over. I still might leave
Spot on. This might put Fat Freddy in a position of having to rethink his "restructuring" . Low contractor pay was what made dumping the air box onto contractors such an attractive proposition. Cheap labor rates don't mean a thing if nobody is willing to do the work.

yadig

According to Marketscreener.com Frederick Smith and Frederick Smith Enterprises own 7.76% of all shares. That's makes him the largest assuming all of his shares are voting shares. If so it would be a slightly larger number that what The Vanguard Group holds.

Now show me what you've got.
He has no power, he was booted out and replaced by raj.

bacha29

He has no power, he was booted out and replaced by raj.
Fred S following an extension was required under the articles of incorporation to retire as CEO. However he is still Executive Chairman of the board and combined with the shares of his holding company still holds the largest block of voting shares.

Remember the old saying....."Ye who holds the gold rules? No difference here.... Ye who holds the most shares....rules.

zeev

Walmart proves the point about quality of labor. They have aggressively recruited semi drivers offering over 100k to start, makes sense when the average age of a trucker is 60 years. FedEx has committed to the contractors model , they seem unsure on how to do it. Either they just do it or delay it and go back on their word for which Wall Street will punish them . You can lie to the non union workforce but the shareholders will punish you severely.

yadig

Fred S following an extension was required under the articles of incorporation to retire as CEO. However he is still Executive Chairman of the board and combined with the shares of his holding company still holds the largest block of voting shares.

Remember the old saying....."Ye who holds the gold rules? No difference here.... Ye who holds the most shares....rules.
He’s a little fish in d.e. Shaw’s pond now.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hey. UPS Union Strong. I was told to stay at FDX page. So what are you doing over here?
No question IBT's got a very attractive deal. In a country where home grown supplies of quality physical labor are becoming harder to come by in some areas UPS appears to have resolved to do what it believes to be necessary to get it's share.
I go where I please. You’re a guest.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fred is executive chairman of FedEx. He hasn't exactly left, just a little bit less of the grind I imagine that comes with being CEO. Do you think Jeff Bezos isnt running Amazon anymore? He has the same exact title.
Maybe you don't understand what happened when Fred retired.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Lol It really needs further explanation? If you can't figure it out I guess I can't.
Well, you have a guy working without issue next to another guy who makes $10 an hour more, and you seem to think it'll be an issue for a Ground driver to work in a different part of the same building as an Express courier.

Aquaman

Well, you have a guy working without issue next to another guy who makes $10 an hour more, and you seem to think it'll be an issue for a Ground driver to work in a different part of the same building as an Express courier.
It’s a little different when they’re both at the same company don’t you think?