Cementups

Box Monkey
It's not that bad. Like most anything worth doing, preparation sets you up for success.

If you memorize the DOK before you step foot in there it's 90% of the battle. Keep an impeccable appearance from day 1 to stay off that radar.

And I fail.....

Haven't known it for 20 years of driving and I'm not about to learn now.

View attachment 96917 View attachment 96918 Thanks for the replies.

After I posted that thread one of the trucks we sent for air broke down on the way to the airport. Luckily for me the driver returned in a borrowed car from another center and it just so happened to be a manual. I grabbed one of the mechanics and got some practice doing a few laps around the yard. I was way rustier than I had thought I was so I'm glad I had the chance to practice. I got to the point that I could start it and put it into first gear then take off and stop smoothly so hopefully I can do the same at Intergrad if and when the time comes.

I also went and bought black polishable leather work boots. They're Rocky's and hopefully will work; I'm attaching a picture hopefully someone can tell me if they will or won't meet the standard.

Also I have to ask, what happens to those that fail Intergrad? I've been there for two years hopefully it doesn't mean a termination.

I've been practicing my 5s and 10s. Do I need to know both of these pages word for word? I have the 5 Seeing Habit memorized word for word as appears on that sheet but I'm wondering if it's just the rule and then the words in quotes that I need to onow? Or do I need to know the description as well? How about the 10 Point Commentary do I need to know everything word for word?
You are ex military... You will do just fine... Don't sweat it.

Cgs1226

Boots yes. Shave in the morning. Uniform ironed with crease. No manuals. I went to West Boylston in July. Intense but learned a lot. Good luck

OVER95ER

Hello,

Heading to Intergrad for drivers school. I've been with UPS as a package handler for 2 years but I'm only the second person in my building to be sent to Intergrad. I've read some posts on here about it but most seem to be several years old so I figured I'd start a new one.

I know it's a pretty intense course, my boss called it UPS Boot Camp. I've already been through real basic training so I'm not so concerned about the course intensity but more worried about getting booted for something stupid and preventable.

I'm heading to West Boylston, MA for school. Does anyone know if you use a manual transmission in the trucks there? I know the basics for driving stick but it's been 5 years since I've learned it and none of the trucks in my center have sticks so my bosses told me not to worry about it when I told them. I understand the process to operate a manual trans but I'm definitely rusty on it; I know I'm gonna grind the gears.

Footwear, most of the drivers in my center wear those cheap New Balance all black leather walking shoes that most fast food workers wear. I bought a pair but now I'm wondering if this an acceptable option for Intergrad? I'm sure I could polish them but they're definitely sneakers and not boots.

As for the uniform it needs to be clean and presentable with creases along the front of the pant legs and along the sleeve correct? I didn't get any shorts so I don't need to worry about wearing the UPS socks right? I know I need solid white or brown undershirts.

Any other tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
HF
Hello,

Heading to Intergrad for drivers school. I've been with UPS as a package handler for 2 years but I'm only the second person in my building to be sent to Intergrad. I've read some posts on here about it but most seem to be several years old so I figured I'd start a new one.

I know it's a pretty intense course, my boss called it UPS Boot Camp. I've already been through real basic training so I'm not so concerned about the course intensity but more worried about getting booted for something stupid and preventable.

I'm heading to West Boylston, MA for school. Does anyone know if you use a manual transmission in the trucks there? I know the basics for driving stick but it's been 5 years since I've learned it and none of the trucks in my center have sticks so my bosses told me not to worry about it when I told them. I understand the process to operate a manual trans but I'm definitely rusty on it; I know I'm gonna grind the gears.

Footwear, most of the drivers in my center wear those cheap New Balance all black leather walking shoes that most fast food workers wear. I bought a pair but now I'm wondering if this an acceptable option for Intergrad? I'm sure I could polish them but they're definitely sneakers and not boots.

As for the uniform it needs to be clean and presentable with creases along the front of the pant legs and along the sleeve correct? I didn't get any shorts so I don't need to worry about wearing the UPS socks right? I know I need solid white or brown undershirts.

Thanks
HF
Hello,

Thanks
HF
TAKE YOUR LUNCH