HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If your name is Dave, and you are in the BOG you get to!

At least Dave has building seniority and has the ability to work things in his favor.
This tool @AutoZone thinks he's figured it out with zero seniority.
UPS delivery has changed and they aren't going to take it easy on you because you made "top rate" and give you less hours.
The eventual "I got screwed!" forum threads are in his future.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've got a fairly large backpay grievance in the mix right now.. (a years worth) found out they started a guy a year before me with much less seniority then I.

To be young and dream. :biggrin:

You claim to have read the contract.
Where does it say an employee can try and collect shortages on their check from a year previous?
I am not able to find anything at all in the contract regarding this.
Page # of the contract, please.

In the Central Region, under Maintenance of Standards....

"It is agreed that the provisions of this Section shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the Employer or the Union in applying the terms and conditions of this Agreement if such error is corrected within ninety (90) days from the date of error."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

I'm sure the OP's supplement has similar language, or it has been ruled on before.

I'm a pretty smart guy and have read the contract pretty good to this point..

Totally cool.

Thats how I started out. But, don't take the contract language verbatim.

There are going to be previous grievance decisions, interpretations,

and this can't be the first time it's happened in your region.

Best case scenario....

90 days of backpay, and a backdated seniority date.

Good luck.

-Bug-

ManInBrown

At least Dave has building seniority and has the ability to work things in his favor.
This tool @AutoZone thinks he's figured it out with zero seniority.
UPS delivery has changed and they aren't going to take it easy on you because you made "top rate" and give you less hours.
The eventual "I got screwed!" forum threads are in his future.
they don't blink an eye here paying drivers 53 bucks an hour to drive all over gods grren earth delivering misloads.

They couldn't care less about top rate, this kid better bend over because he's got many many many more years of working 55-60 hours per week ahead of him.

"Backing down his hours once he hits top rate" funniest thing I've heard in a while. I needed a good chuckle

Rack em

Made the Podium
they don't blink an eye here paying drivers 53 bucks an hour to drive all over gods grren earth delivering misloads.

They couldn't care less about top rate, this kid better bend over because he's got many many many more years of working 55-60 hours per week ahead of him.

"Backing down his hours once he hits top rate" funniest thing I've heard in a while. I needed a good chuckle
True, the only hours they care on cutting down on is preload hours which is dumb as hell.

True, the only hours they care on cutting down on is preload hours which is dumb as hell.

They tried cutting back our preload hours and a week later we were in at 3am.. it is 2am now.. we've had a few 2:30's. Sometimes I'm there until 11 and some drivers are just leaving. Earliest drivers are out is 10 to 1030.

Our center is screwed. It doesn't have the infrastructure for this volume. We are up 50% in the last three years. In the last three months have I started seeing 10am. Air doesn't come at 8 anymore. Usually 9. Trailers being late or spotty leaves gaps in the belt or a dry belt or unmanageable heavy flows. We are busy on a dead belt. Drivers help loaders finish up. While this is going on, more air trailers and package cars sometimes come. On third belt I had 3 cars with 1300 pcs and all irregs/overs waiting to be loaded in a coned off section of the lot. Feeders have problems getting through because of this yard sale looking fiasco.

It's not that we can't do it, it's so bad that shelves are spilling out to floor runs and the aisle clogged and stacked with a few rugs and grills and lawnmowers sitting in the parking lot needing to be loaded. I don't blame my coworkers except a few who come in when they want and don't do anything but make everyones job harder. Short 20 heads in preload and 8 call out. 4 cars per loader. Or splitting and 4. We had it so bad one day we just let two cars overflow on 3rd belt and started loading 9am. It's pretty nasty. Unloaders never stay, they're sent home, but some offer every day and get turned down.

Johney

Our center is screwed. It doesn't have the infrastructure for this volume. We are up 50% in the last three years. In the last three months have I started seeing 10am. Air doesn't come at 8 anymore. Usually 9. Trailers being late or spotty leaves gaps in the belt or a dry belt or unmanageable heavy flows. We are busy on a dead belt. Drivers help loaders finish up. While this is going on, more air trailers and package cars sometimes come. On third belt I had 3 cars with 1300 pcs and all irregs/overs waiting to be loaded in a coned off section of the lot. Feeders have problems getting through because of this yard sale looking fiasco.

It's not that we can't do it, it's so bad that shelves are spilling out to floor runs and the aisle clogged and stacked with a few rugs and grills and lawnmowers sitting in the parking lot needing to be loaded. I don't blame my coworkers except a few who come in when they want and don't do anything but make everyones job harder. Short 20 heads in preload and 8 call out. 4 cars per loader. Or splitting and 4. We had it so bad one day we just let two cars overflow on 3rd belt and started loading 9am. It's pretty nasty. Unloaders never stay, they're sent home, but some offer every day and get turned down.
Sounds to me like your management team needs to get walked out.

ManInBrown

They just cut about every air run they could here. Even giving full time ground drivers letter boxes and telling them it's okay to pick them up early
Are you serious? Where do you guys work

Between Dave never punching out later than 6:15 and your center where they say PU letter boxes early LOLOL. And this ones a doozy also. Read on here someone said they don't deliver there misloads ever. Center tells them just bring em back we'll take care of it. Lmao. My center manager makes us drive 30 miles in the wrong direction from the center to deliver our off routes when we're done. We get this in the PCM every morning. If it's on your truck deliver it. We deliver packages. I've had nights where my RTB eta was 9pm and they made me drive one hour round trip to deliver a ground misload. Where do you guys work?

It's unbelievable some of the stuff I read on here? Do we work for the same company?

Sounds to me like your management team needs to get walked out.

Our center manager is an OK guy for a manager but his supervisors don't report anything to him the way it actually happens.

The person underneath him who they all report to in the mornings is a nice person, the one under her is very HR-ish for a sup, the rest are useless except a PT belt sup. You can tell he actually cares, surprisingly.

They're all liars and pit people against each other. They're all bad liars which makes it worse.

Our unload sup hired all his friends, so yeah that didn't work. He can't coordinate trailers or match workers together properly. The smoothest week we ever had in unload was when he was on vacation. Our belt sup goes on vacation and it goes to hell.