Are you serious? Where do you guys work

Between Dave never punching out later than 6:15 and your center where they say PU letter boxes early LOLOL. And this ones a doozy also. Read on here someone said they don't deliver there misloads ever. Center tells them just bring em back we'll take care of it. Lmao. My center manager makes us drive 30 miles in the wrong direction from the center to deliver our off routes when we're done. We get this in the PCM every morning. If it's on your truck deliver it. We deliver packages. I've had nights where my RTB eta was 9pm and they made me drive one hour round trip to deliver a ground misload. Where do you guys work?

It's unbelievable some of the stuff I read on here? Do we work for the same company?
I don't believe some of the crap either. Just don't ask me to do anything unethical.

Faceplanted

You're right.. but I'm a new driver... less then a year right now. Once I'm top rate, I'll be backing down the hours considerably. I've got a fairly large backpay grievance in the mix right now.. (a years worth) found out they started a guy a year before me with much less seniority then I. Also, adding up my hours as we go, filing another back pay grievance since I was never used as a cover driver while I was one. I've run a full time route since day 1.. not a junk route. Not covering sick, option, vacation, etc days... the contract states a cover driver not utilized as such and the company uses to circumvent full time routes, is to be paid top rate driver pay for all hours worked. So I'm at about 1300+ hours @ $5 more per hour.. so that's mother $6500+... I'm a pretty smart guy and have read the contract pretty good to this point.. there's not much they get away with... might be a reason I'm not messed with to much and my center manager doesn't talk to me the way he does others..
Like I said, you will not win either
Of these greviences. Let me know when you have your hearing. You have no leg to stand on with the "cover driver" language you claim. It's past precident that they can use cover drivers how ever they see fit, you also won't win the seniority grevience. As much as the ba may appear confident, I know it how works around here. There is no such thing as a "full time route"

There was a driver with a legit payroll error that wasnt fixed in a very long time... cut and dry cases of 1'7hr of ot per week... settled for pennies on the dollar.

Wait till they hear those greviences, you will be on the :censored2: list like some of the rest of us when the district manager and your center manager find out you trying to use vague language to get a bunch of backpay.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You're right.. but I'm a new driver... less then a year right now. Once I'm top rate, I'll be backing down the hours considerably. I've got a fairly large backpay grievance in the mix right now.. (a years worth) found out they started a guy a year before me with much less seniority then I. Also, adding up my hours as we go, filing another back pay grievance since I was never used as a cover driver while I was one. I've run a full time route since day 1.. not a junk route. Not covering sick, option, vacation, etc days... the contract states a cover driver not utilized as such and the company uses to circumvent full time routes, is to be paid top rate driver pay for all hours worked. So I'm at about 1300+ hours @ $5 more per hour.. so that's mother $6500+... I'm a pretty smart guy and have read the contract pretty good to this point.. there's not much they get away with... might be a reason I'm not messed with to much and my center manager doesn't talk to me the way he does others..

It's really going to be enjoyable reading one day that you got walked off property and fired for the huge target you put on your back.

And they'll let you sit at home for a few weeks no pay until your hearing.

Better be 100% in your methods and have no concerns or follow ups.

Those who boast and brag like you are usually very easy to get fired.

You don't have a clue.

Johney

I know what you mean. They told me when I went FT I would set my own schedule. And here I am almost 2 years later and I'm only working 13 hours a day. It's great!
They keep telling all our managers that they won't be working six days a week when we go to Saturday ground. I chuckle and walk away.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
They keep telling all our managers that they won't be working six days a week when we go to Saturday ground. I chuckle and walk away.
Mine did the first 2, but he hasn't since. Mine is so close to retirement he's at that "Screw it, fire me, I don't care" point.

He cleaned out his office last week and is on vacation this week and I'm not entirely sure I'm ever going to see him again.

Johney

Mine did the first 2, but he hasn't since. Mine is so close to retirement he's at that "Screw it, fire me, I don't care" point.

He cleaned out his office last week and is on vacation this week and I'm not entirely sure I'm ever going to see him again.
I meant on roads, sorry.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Like I said, you will not win either
Of these greviences. Let me know when you have your hearing. You have no leg to stand on with the "cover driver" language you claim. It's past precident that they can use cover drivers how ever they see fit, you also won't win the seniority grevience. As much as the ba may appear confident, I know it how works around here. There is no such thing as a "full time route"

There was a driver with a legit payroll error that wasnt fixed in a very long time... cut and dry cases of 1'7hr of ot per week... settled for pennies on the dollar.

Wait till they hear those greviences, you will be on the :censored2: list like some of the rest of us when the district manager and your center manager find out you trying to use vague language to get a bunch of backpay.
So what's the point of the contract if it's not going to be followed? So it's cool to skip someone? I thought seniority prevailed with this union. So they're allowed to skip people? So what's the point? Why are we a union? Why do we pay dues? So that nothing will be upheld? I mean isn't this why the company is getting worse and worse? Because we give in more and more? If I was a BA, and this came across my desk, I'd make sure this point got upheld and penalize UPS as hard as I could push it.. This shouldn't happen. What's with all this NEGOTIATING between with union big dogs and ups management? Why are we not standing tall anymore? I hear all these stories about in the early 90s, before we went public, drivers were treated like kings... now were pissed on... fk all these weak bitches that are scared of making things happen. I'm not the one that's gonna sit back.. I'll hire my own labor attorney if the union doesn't back me.. it's a CONTRACT!!! and the language was not upheld!! Guess what happens in a court of law in those cases....

clean hairy

So what's the point of the contract if it's not going to be followed? So it's cool to skip someone? I thought seniority prevailed with this union. So they're allowed to skip people? So what's the point? Why are we a union? Why do we pay dues? So that nothing will be upheld? I mean isn't this why the company is getting worse and worse? Because we give in more and more? If I was a BA, and this came across my desk, I'd make sure this point got upheld and penalize UPS as hard as I could push it.. This shouldn't happen. What's with all this NEGOTIATING between with union big dogs and ups management? Why are we not standing tall anymore? I hear all these stories about in the early 90s, before we went public, drivers were treated like kings... now were :censored2: on... fk all these weak bitches that are scared of making things happen. I'm not the one that's gonna sit back.. I'll hire my own labor attorney if the union doesn't back me.. it's a CONTRACT!!! and the language was not upheld!! Guess what happens in a court of law in those cases....
Tell us how well it goes trying to find a contract law attorney to take your case.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So what's the point of the contract if it's not going to be followed? So it's cool to skip someone? I thought seniority prevailed with this union. So they're allowed to skip people? So what's the point? Why are we a union? Why do we pay dues? So that nothing will be upheld? I mean isn't this why the company is getting worse and worse? Because we give in more and more? If I was a BA, and this came across my desk, I'd make sure this point got upheld and penalize UPS as hard as I could push it.. This shouldn't happen. What's with all this NEGOTIATING between with union big dogs and ups management? Why are we not standing tall anymore? I hear all these stories about in the early 90s, before we went public, drivers were treated like kings... now were :censored2: on... fk all these weak bitches that are scared of making things happen. I'm not the one that's gonna sit back.. I'll hire my own labor attorney if the union doesn't back me.. it's a CONTRACT!!! and the language was not upheld!! Guess what happens in a court of law in those cases....

Do it!!!

wayfair

swollen member

go to a meeting, get others involved...

AutoZone

BrownPower
Tell us how well it goes trying to find a contract law attorney to take your case.
Lol, I've already contacted one. Largest one in central florida.. he's on standby awaiting to see if my union does what they're SUPPOSE to do. It's sad that you all are so use to getting shyt on by your locals that it amuses you... that's the funniest part. You all have no balls to call them out. You just sit back and take it.

PT Car Washer

Lol, I've already contacted one. Largest one in central florida.. he's on standby awaiting to see if my union does what they're SUPPOSE to do. It's sad that you all are so use to getting shyt on by your locals that it amuses you... that's the funniest part. You all have no balls to call them out. You just sit back and take it.
Let us know how it turns out. I have considered a private attorney also but the way the contract is worded there can be many interpretations. Each side has an out.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
giphy.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
People like me don't hate you because you're in the union or stand up. It's because you're a pain in the ass for absolutely no reason other than you think that's what the union is there for. Which it isn't. Every time you try to be a :censored2: head and run to the union crying for mommy and daddy you make your union brothers and sisters look bad, because they have no choice but to protect you.

You probably have 10+ years on me, but have the mentality of a junior in high school. Have fun at prom

clean hairy

As soon as you enlist his services, you have how much, $600 per hour for his time? (Of course you do, considering how you are making so much each week!)
BTW, still waiting for you to give page # of the contract that states you can go back a year for pay disputes.....