AutoZone

BrownPower
If you were never used at as a cover driver how did you qualify and be red-circled at that rate?
I'm a cover driver, but I run a full time route. I do not cover sick days, option days, vaca days... I run a normal route every day.. read section "I". I am being used EXACTLY as the contract says I cannot be used.

Attachments

• IMG_1958.JPG
    IMG_1958.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 189

AutoZone

BrownPower
As soon as you enlist his services, you have how much, $600 per hour for his time? (Of course you do, considering how you are making so much each week!)
BTW, still waiting for you to give page # of the contract that states you can go back a year for pay disputes.....
Pay issues can go back indefinitely.. my steward handed the grievance to the DM.. first thing out of his mouth was "this is untimely, this is from a year ago" I said no sir. This was just found out about. He said "dammit! Looked at the steward and said, I guess startbthe process". He knows I've got it.. otherwise he wouldn't have signed off on it.

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm a cover driver, but I run a full time route. I do not cover sick days, option days, vaca days... I run a normal route every day.. read section "I". I am being used EXACTLY as the contract says I cannot be used.
It is summer time. People on vacation and taking days off left and right

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So in talking with a pretty savvy, seemingly pretty smart center manager, told me he believes the main purpose of Orion is so that if the union decides to strike again, they'll have the software in place to just hire off the streets for half of what they pay us, and then tell the union to take a hike eventually.. o asked where he got that from, and he said the next contract top rate FT driver pay will more then likely be cut by $7-$8 an hour unless you're grandfathered in because ups has to make up their losses somewhere. Something about they hardly show profit on shipping now, and they've been buying up other companies just to stay afloat right now.. anyone have any insight on this,?
I was interested until you said "center manager". Then you lost me.

El Correcto

god is dead
What does that mean? Did you not read my post before you replied to it? I specifically said I don't cover any routes. I run 1 specific route. And you're talking about covering routes.
You're covering one route. Must not want to toss you blind then. Is it a split car or a bid route?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I hear all these stories about in the early 90s, before we went public, drivers were treated like kings.

I don't know, who is telling you these stories.

Things were different. "treated like kings" ?

Nope.... Never.

I'll hire my own labor attorney if the union doesn't back me.. it's a CONTRACT!!!

Lol, I've already contacted one. Largest one in central florida.. he's on standby awaiting to see if my union does what they're SUPPOSE to do.

Hire a Labor Attorney, over your misinterpretation of contract language ?

They are defiantly waiting for your call. $$$

Pay issues can go back indefinitely.

Read my previous post, regarding "Maintenance of Standards".

The Southern Region Supplement, has the same language.

ARTICLE 50 - MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS

"The Employer agrees that all conditions of employment in the Employer’s individual operation relating to wages, hours of work, and overtime differentials shall be maintained at not less than the highest standards in effect at the time of the signing of this Agreement, and the conditions of employment shall be improved wherever specific provisions for improvement are made elsewhere in this Agreement. It is agreed that the provisions of this Article shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the Employer or the Union in applying the terms and conditions of this Agreement if such error is corrected within ninety (90) days from the date of error."

Maybe others.... could chime in.

-Bug-

Faceplanted

Let me explain autozone

It's summer, lots of guys are going to cover feeders. So what the centers do, is they might pull somebody off of their bid route which they agree to, to in turn cover the feeders Guys route all summer as his route is easier than the drivers bid route. They can then place you on his route until the guy comes back from feeders.

Ups can do what is "good for the company" in their eyes which means NOT PUTTING YOU OUT BLIND. You will not win this one.

The seniority grevience you have I have a feeling doesn't have the merit you think it does. If it does, and you are owed a lot of money... classifications will magically change and you will still not get paid.

I file tons of greviences, I don't let them walk all over me but I don't file for bs. I file for 9-5, harassment, retaliation ect. Your digging a deep hole for your self and your career at ups.

I know guys who have cover drove for well over 2 years + their hub seniority and they just got full time this past month. Yet you believe they skipped over all of these guys and you with your 1 year seniority??!?!?!?!?

Keep playing know it all games. You will be fired frivolously and you will be out for weeks over this. You will come back with time served suspensions for absolute bs. Ask around, it's common in the district.

Last edited:
What's the difference between PT and FT? The only difference I've heard is PT "starts" at 1100 and "ends" around 1700, but they work noon to nine, while FT drivers start at 8:30 (10:00) and end when it's almost the next day.

wayfair

swollen member
What's the difference between PT and FT? The only difference I've heard is PT "starts" at 1100 and "ends" around 1700, but they work noon to nine, while FT drivers start at 8:30 (10:00) and end when it's almost the next day.

pt is guaranteed 3.5 hours, overtime after 5 hours

ft is guaranteed 8 hours, overtime after 8

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Wait a second, how can you be a FULL time swing driver and a TCD? They are not both the same. TCDs in the southern region, are still PART time and considered "cover drivers". If you're FULL time and you don't have a bid route that you BID on, then you're considered a FT swing driver.

And as a FT swing driver, you have to cover ANY route ups wants you too unless you have an actual bid route (you don't noob).

So section I would NOT apply to you.

But please file that grievance and get that big money lawyer going.

They see you coming a mile away

Faceplanted

Wait a second, how can you be a FULL time swing driver and a TCD? They are not both the same. TCDs in the southern region, are still PART time and considered "cover drivers". If you're FULL time and you don't have a bid route that you BID on, then you're considered a FT swing driver.

And as a FT swing driver, you have to cover ANY route ups wants you too unless you have an actual bid route (you don't noob).

So section I would NOT apply to you.

But please file that grievance and get that big money lawyer going.

They see you coming a mile away
He's a tcd or was a tcd during this period. Tcd in the district are used to cover ANY route that the company wants to put you on.... ESPECIALLY now when sups are busy training new drivers. They're not gonna put you out blind as it's "bad for the company" and their "business decision" is to have you do the same route that you know every day.

Autozone doesn't understand that the contract contradicts its self basically all the time..... says one thing some where, then says another's place the company hasn't to right to make route assignment decisions based on the "good of the company"

His seniority grevience might be based on a temp driver who got hired as a full time driver (hr could very easially have used him as the 1/6 street hire after peak). There are a few guys who have family in management/corporate and magically got hired as off the street right after being "temp drivers" in the past few years.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
He's a tcd or was a tcd during this period. Tcd in the district are used to cover ANY route that the company wants to put you on.... ESPECIALLY now when sups are busy training new drivers. They're not gonna put you out blind as it's "bad for the company" and their "business decision" is to have you do the same route that you know every day.

Autozone doesn't understand that the contract contradicts its self basically all the time..... says one thing some where, then says another's place the company hasn't to right to make route assignment decisions based on the "good of the company"

His seniority grevience might be based on a temp driver who got hired as a full time driver (hr could very easially have used him as the 1/6 street hire after peak). There are a few guys who have family in management/corporate and magically got hired as off the street right after being "temp drivers" in the past few years.

My point was that I don't think he understands the difference as we do and that it doesn't apply to him. If he's arguing that someone with less seniority went FT before him and he went TCD instead, well his money grievance would actually be less as TCD is80% of FT and brand new FT driver without TCD seniority would make less his first year in progression and starting out.

Jake doesn't have a clue what applies to him via the contract.

But he knows it all and has a big time lawyer on payroll

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Pay issues can go back indefinitely.. my steward handed the grievance to the DM.. first thing out of his mouth was "this is untimely, this is from a year ago" I said no sir. This was just found out about. He said "dammit! Looked at the steward and said, I guess startbthe process". He knows I've got it.. otherwise he wouldn't have signed off on it.

Just because a company representive signs the grievance doesn't mean you "got it".

It means they acknowledge you filed a grievance.

Wow you really are clueless.