ManInBrown

No freaking clue man. Lol happens all of the time
They sure don't. I have a business that gets NDA's about 3 or 4 times a week. The days they don't I try to get there by about Noon. But one day I didn't get there till 3:30 and the normal receiving guy I deal with everyday, gets off at 1:30 apparently. Some guy I never saw is all huffing and puffing. 'Why you here so late? I was just getting ready to leave" Just shook my head and told him, You want to see late. See you tomorrow at 4:59. These people just have no clue

ManInBrown

I hate the customers that work in the offices and say stupid stuff like, Is it cold out or raining? Got asked on Friday if it was cold out which it was. My reply was, Did you teleport to work today? You haven't been outside?

Some people do it just to be nasty. Had a lady working in of all places a church office hit me with this one, a few months ago on a day it was pouring rain.

Her:How are you today?
Me:I'm good. You?
Her:I'm warm and I'm dry. She followed that up with a chuckle.
Me:Wow. OK.

From that day forward I don't say a word to her anymore.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
They sure don't. I have a business that gets NDA's about 3 or 4 times a week. The days they don't I try to get there by about Noon. But one day I didn't get there till 3:30 and the normal receiving guy I deal with everyday, gets off at 1:30 apparently. Some guy I never saw is all huffing and puffing. 'Why you here so late? I was just getting ready to leave" Just shook my head and told him, You want to see late. See you tomorrow at 4:59. These people just have no clue
Exactly! Folks don't realize the NDA packages are why we show up early most of the time. Sure there are some routes where the folks have an agreement to have their stuff delivered by a certsin time in the morning, NDA or not. But some places, when they have no NDA and I show up at 11:30am instead of 9:30am ask me why I'm so late. SMH.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
So in talking with a pretty savvy, seemingly pretty smart center manager, told me he believes the main purpose of Orion is so that if the union decides to strike again, they'll have the software in place to just hire off the streets for half of what they pay us, and then tell the union to take a hike eventually.. o asked where he got that from, and he said the next contract top rate FT driver pay will more then likely be cut by $7-$8 an hour unless you're grandfathered in because ups has to make up their losses somewhere. Something about they hardly show profit on shipping now, and they've been buying up other companies just to stay afloat right now.. anyone have any insight on this,?

The more you post, the more you show how you know very little.

Is this the same center manager who said you'd have your own bid route as a TCD after peak?

Yeah. You're really terrible at this whole ups game aren't you?

AutoZone

BrownPower
The more you post, the more you show how you know very little.

Is this the same center manager who said you'd have your own bid route as a TCD after peak?

Yeah. You're really terrible at this whole ups game aren't you?
Dude, please stop stalking every post I make.. you have a mental illness dude.. SERIOUSLY, EVERY ONE!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Hey "dude"

Learn to actually post something other than the trivial garbage you spew in every thread that you are incorrect on.

I know you don't know how ups works by your posts but do we all really have to explain to you how a public Internet forum works?

You start a thread, you get comments genius.

I'm sorry you don't understand that concept like the concept of TCDs and contract language.

WayBill

I hate the customers that work in the offices and say stupid stuff like, Is it cold out or raining? Got asked on Friday if it was cold out which it was. My reply was, Did you teleport to work today? You haven't been outside?

Some people do it just to be nasty. Had a lady working in of all places a church office hit me with this one, a few months ago on a day it was pouring rain.

Her:How are you today?
Me:I'm good. You?
Her:I'm warm and I'm dry. She followed that up with a chuckle.
Me:Wow. OK.

From that day forward I don't say a word to her anymore.
I get like this when I dislike customers too. They must know 'cause I refuse to make eye contact with them & their disrespectful attitudes!

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
There's a place I have on a route I cover a lot...they usually have next day air...but days they don't I'll get there around noon...they told me I HAVE to get there before 1030 no matter what...so if they don't have nda now I deliver their stuff around 445 during pickups

AutoZone

BrownPower
Hey "dude"

Learn to actually post something other than the trivial garbage you spew in every thread that you are incorrect on.

I know you don't know how ups works by your posts but do we all really have to explain to you how a public Internet forum works?

You start a thread, you get comments genius.

I'm sorry you don't understand that concept like the concept of TCDs and contract language.
When i post something it's for knowledge.. I asked if anyone had any insight.. you do not have any insight nor any knowledge. So again, please stop stalking every post, and reply I make unless you have something useful to add. I get it, you don't like me cause I proved you wrong and you're upset I was driving in less than a year when you said it would be 5-8 years minimum.. neither does Cosmo, but he's not a frickin weirdo like you about everything I write. Piss or get off the pot.

Browndriver5

So what happens if youre a part time cover driver? will you not be grandfathered in at your current wage or will you drop to the new full time rate once you go full time.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
When i post something it's for knowledge.. I asked if anyone had any insight.. you do not have any insight nor any knowledge. So again, please stop stalking every post, and reply I make unless you have something useful to add. I get it, you don't like me cause I proved you wrong and you're upset I was driving in less than a year when you said it would be 5-8 years minimum.. neither does Cosmo, but he's not a frickin weirdo like you about everything I write. Piss or get off the pot.

You really don't have any insight or knowledge. You only hear what you want to hear. Let us know how it is in January when you're kicked off your "bid" route and sent back inside.

Maybe you're getting grief from the 25 and up veterans because the things you say and post are garbage. You haven't proved anyone wrong. You've just proved you have no idea what you're doing or saying.

Once again let us all know when you go FT because TCD isn't FT big guy.

Oh and also let us know when you've actually read the contract because 99% of your garbage posts can be answered there.

Except this thread. This one goes under more garbage conspiracy that has been discussed here many times over.

For someone who claims to be so witty and smart, you sure don't post like it.

Dr.Brownz

So in talking with a pretty savvy, seemingly pretty smart center manager, told me he believes the main purpose of Orion is so that if the union decides to strike again, they'll have the software in place to just hire off the streets for half of what they pay us, and then tell the union to take a hike eventually.. o asked where he got that from, and he said the next contract top rate FT driver pay will more then likely be cut by $7-$8 an hour unless you're grandfathered in because ups has to make up their losses somewhere. Something about they hardly show profit on shipping now, and they've been buying up other companies just to stay afloat right now.. anyone have any insight on this,?

No that was an attempt to spread corporate propaganda. They feed this :censored2: to their people, hoping it will trickle down to hourlies and then the hourlies will not get involved believing UPS is going to win anyway. :censored2: THAT! The company is AFRAID of a strike. IT WOULD CAUSE THEM TO LOSE MILLIONS IF NOT BILLIONS. friend UPS NO TO THE CONTRACT. VOTE NO ON ALL CONTRACTS

The funniest part is your center manager probably thinks he is "in the know" when really he is just regurgitating what corporate told him to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

So what happens if youre a part time cover driver? will you not be grandfathered in at your current wage or will you drop to the new full time rate once you go full time.

PT cover drivers will be screwed. They shouldn't have existed in the first place. All the PT cover drivers in my building hate me now because what I told them 4 years ago has finally happened, UPS in my center has stopped using them and not a single one of them was hired as a FT driver. I told all of them "DO NOT LET THEM ABUSE YOU, YOU WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED A FT SPOT BECAUSE YOU :censored2: 24/7."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
actually ups is already starting to take the drivers out with all the seasonal drivers they keep hiring. see tons of bids for seasonal drivers none for full time

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No freaking clue man. Lol happens all of the time
Get the union to decide a cut off time for us being out...outside of November and December ....post office, FedEx, dhl, and usually ground are always in before us.....this could happen if our union leaders would just put their fing foot down once in a while.... It's a safety issue, which it is so they can start with that argument and move forward...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
actually ups is already starting to take the drivers out with all the seasonal drivers they keep hiring. see tons of bids for seasonal drivers none for full time
This is another loophole that needs to be closed... Another way to make a 2 tier wage system.... For all you naysayers...aka Dave !!...there is already a 2 or even 3 or 4 wage system in place

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Get the union to decide a cut off time for us being out...outside of November and December ....post office, FedEx, dhl, and usually ground are always in before us.....this could happen if our union leaders would just put their fing foot down once in a while.... It's a safety issue, which it is so they can start with that argument and move forward...
Suddenly preload would be wrapped and we could start at 8 am again.