Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I mean this sincerely to all my good union brothers and sisters, fulltime and partime: DON’T LOSE YOUR COOL because of the mess UPS mismanagement has put us in.

As a feeder driver, I bumble around from hub to hub supporting various preloads in my district. I’ve seen a lot of anxiety, stress, fear, despair, shock, paralysis and so on, by management in many, many buildings. Eventually something, or should I say someone, is going to break. Let’s not forget what happened in San Francisco, this summer, and in Texas a few years back. Cut your losses, surrender to the burden that we bear as the muscle behind UPS. Save the arguing and tension for another time when things can actually be addressed by management when they’re not cornered and ready to pounce like the beaten dogs they’ve become. I sympathize for all my package and preloads brethren who are buried with work and forced to be away from family during the holidays and I just hope that you all can take a deep breath, look around at your coworkers, and know you’re in it with THEM. Don’t lose your cool, don’t lose your temper, don’t lose your job and keep everyone safe and healthy around you. In other words, live to fight the mismanagement another day, when cooler heads can prevail. We all know UPS needs us, the muscle and backbone of the company, to survive. They aren’t fooling anyone with telematics and automation. These last weeks are proof. Hang in there. Our day will come. Let’s all get there in one piece. Keep grinding my good UPS-Teamster brothers and sisters. We are all in this together.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
Feeder drivers are so plump and cheery this time of year.
Not a single feeder driver ever forgets where we’ve come from and why we left package. When you stand on this side of the curtain, you realize that there isn’t a single damn good reason for the way our preloads and centers are run. Call it “plump and cheery””, I call it knowing where I came from.

Indecisi0n

Not a single feeder driver ever forgets where we’ve come from and why we left package. When you stand on this side of the curtain, you realize that there isn’t a single damn good reason for the way our preloads and centers are run. Call it “plump and cheery””, I call it knowing where I came from.
I totally agree but you have to agree with me when I say feeder drivers make the best cuddlers?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Feeder drivers are so plump and cheery this time of year.
Feeders the dog

upload_2017-12-1_7-44-59-png.168467

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Then why is it feeder drivers never wave...I started ignoring them years ago.

over9five

Staff member
Then why is it feeder drivers never wave...I started ignoring them years ago.
Other way around, methinks.

I pass 3 pc drivers on my way out to do a boonies pickup. One never waves, so now I give him the REALLY BIG EXAGGERATED wave, hanging my arm out the window. Little beeyotch still don't wave.
Tonight, I have a rental with air horns.....

rod

Retired 22 years

I pass 3 pc drivers on my way out to do a boonies pickup. One never waves, so now I give him the REALLY BIG EXAGGERATED wave, hanging my arm out the window. Little beeyotch still don't wave.

I assume you are meeting 3 package drivers not really "passing" them. Play chicken with them---that will get their attention.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli

He’s like me...tired of being ignored...so now he’s the ignorer.