Drink Craft Beer

Printers, scanners and scanning guns that are actually updated and reliable for the pre-load.

Enough surepost scanners "and batteries" that you don't have to wait an hour into the shift for them to re-charge due to re-load also using them.

Conan04

Make it a requirement for all preload supervisors to be on the preload for at least 6 months before they take that job. Most of the time they don't know what the friend* they're doing and it's because they've never been in our shoes, they need to know how things work.

Sorry using speech to text.

Preload sups need to experience both summer and peak before becoming a supervisor. The least best PT supes are outside hires into the position in my building.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I agreed to everything up to the feeder part.
I've been here for a short time but I know we are fully staffed, we even rented tractors we're probably never going to use.
If you ever walked through a Hub at 3am, it's like a horror movie on steroids.
The piles of incompatibles behind each trailer is like the rubble under Mount Rushmore, just piles up.
Belts backed up and packages falling over the edges of the conveyor.
These guys work hard but you can only do what you can do.

Drivers have to wait around way after the "pull time", which means we can't get the trailers to the buildings in time to process.
Trailers get there as soon as possible, but when the hubs run late, you won't be able to process them in time for delivery drivers.

Agree. But it is the hubs who kills any chance that delivery can be successful. My manager always blames the feeder dept. Our 3 feeder routes from our building are 60 hrs every week all yr. I understand the down time at hubs. Waiting! This will be the biggest reason UPS will make trailer loads autonomous. Plus the fact UPS runs too tight on bodies. Who wants to work here when a convenient store pays 14 an hr.

W

What The Hawk?

Preload sups need to experience both summer and peak before becoming a supervisor. The least best PT supes are outside hires into the position in my building.
We just hired a new sup with 2 weeks preload experience..he suuuuucks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We just hired a new sup with 2 weeks preload experience..he suuuuucks.

They called me into the office and asked me about becoming a sup after just 1 week...
We have a pt supervisor who has been on the preload for 4 years, that specific section of the building always gets done quicker (and safer) than the rest.
Maybe after 2 years there will be a snowy chance in hell I pick supervising over... you know... driving

W

What The Hawk?

They called me into the office and asked me about becoming a sup after just 1 week...
We have a pt supervisor who has been on the preload for 4 years, that specific section of the building always gets done quicker (and safer) than the rest.
Maybe after 2 years there will be a snowy chance in hell I pick supervising over... you know... driving
Go the driving route..more money, it's challenging..you don't have someone breathing down your neck.