How are bonuses paid?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MisterTeddyKent, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

All you get is $300? You are getting hosed sucker. Our runners get $150 each and every week.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

$300/week.

3. Wally

$300 a week bonus? That seems stupid. Why not jack up the hour rate to pull in workers? Even $5 bucks a hour would be cheaper.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

www.upsjobs.com

Palatine IL

5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

$300 extra a week for walking slow, smoking and talking too much?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

And trying to bum a couple bucks off the driver for "gas money".

7. Future

Future Victory Ride

LMAO.... yep had a few of them over the years ...and sucker Future Gave it 2 them

8. UpstateNYUPSer

I give mine $20/week.

9. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

This one will be getting all the tips on the last day (and it's been a very lucrative tip season).

I've had some helpers that don't even get a goodbye when I drop them off.

10. it's because no one is signing up...

11. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

I had a helper one year who was an executive with Southern Pacific Railroad. He was in his 50's and took 6 weeks off during the Christmas season. Whatever he made, he used it to buy Christmas gifts. He told me what subdivision he lived in and it was the same one our division manager lived in. $300,000 homes and up, and that was almost 35 years ago. Good worker. I should have begged *him* for gas money. lol.

12. Wally

13. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

You get $300 worth of expired K-Mart gift cards.

14. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Give it to me Baby

Go kick somebody's Ass That always works

15. MisterTeddyKent

MisterTeddyKent New Member

No, it’s 10.20 per hour, plus $300 per week if yoy are available to work every day.

16. MisterTeddyKent

The $300 is only awarded to you if you are available to work whatever they ask of you Monday through Friday. This way, they don’t have to pay the $300 if someone calls off or says they can’t work or something, which happens a lot according to some of the drivers I’ve been with. Not stupid at all really. It’s actually the smartest thing they could do.

17. MisterTeddyKent

Yep, just
    Yep, just got it for two weeks ago on last week’s pay period. Idk why, but it is 2 weeks behind.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

No, the smartest person thing would be to offer a competitive wage.

19. MisterTeddyKent

Yeah I got it on my paycheck today, which is my second paycheck. My coordinator told me it always takes two weeks. I didn’t ask why. Doesn’t matter as long as I get it.

20. MisterTeddyKent

I mean, they’re only looking to keep us for the month of December. Most of us are college students on break, or retired people looking to make an extra buck. We’re not looking for anything crazy. Most seasonal retail options around Chicago pay $10 an hour, so this job’s wage is already higher, and even moreso with the bonus. That’s pretty competitive. It’s just :censored2:ty work.