Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m a seasonal driver helper and just got my first paycheck, but the $300 bonus was not on it. Does that come on a different check? Or do I need to kick someone’s ass?
All you get is $300? You are getting hosed sucker. Our runners get $150 each and every week.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a helper one year who was an executive with Southern Pacific Railroad. He was in his 50's and took 6 weeks off during the Christmas season. Whatever he made, he used it to buy Christmas gifts. He told me what subdivision he lived in and it was the same one our division manager lived in. $300,000 homes and up, and that was almost 35 years ago. Good worker. I should have begged *him* for gas money. lol.

$300 a week bonus? That seems stupid. Why not jack up the hour rate to pull in workers? Even $5 bucks a hour would be cheaper.
The $300 is only awarded to you if you are available to work whatever they ask of you Monday through Friday. This way, they don’t have to pay the $300 if someone calls off or says they can’t work or something, which happens a lot according to some of the drivers I’ve been with. Not stupid at all really. It’s actually the smartest thing they could do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The $300 is only awarded to you if you are available to work whatever they ask of you Monday through Friday. This way, they don’t have to pay the $300 if someone calls off or says they can’t work or something, which happens a lot according to some of the drivers I’ve been with. Not stupid at all really. It’s actually the smartest thing they could do.

No, the smartest person thing would be to offer a competitive wage.

It took me 2 checks to get my bonus the first time I did helper, and then got all 3 at once and then recurring.

Don't forget you have to either call in or show up every day. Always speak with the coordinator and make your name and face known. All 3 years I was paid bonuses in weekly checks. The end of the year bonus took 2 extra weeks. Got my final check the first week of January and 1k seasonal bonus right before February. That's the only time they've been separate.

I wouldn't go "kicking some ass", but I'd politely contact your helper coordinator to inform him or her of the error and ask how the pay will be dispersed.

Remember it's conditional. So if you missed Monday or decided not to call Wednesday, you're not fulfilling your end of the bargain.

If you didn't work or call every single day of peak you won't get the final bonus. If it really even exists. Some years some places do it sometimes they don't, so word of mouth on that isn't reliable and it changes every year based on need.
Yeah I got it on my paycheck today, which is my second paycheck. My coordinator told me it always takes two weeks. I didn’t ask why. Doesn’t matter as long as I get it.

No, the smartest person thing would be to offer a competitive wage.
I mean, they’re only looking to keep us for the month of December. Most of us are college students on break, or retired people looking to make an extra buck. We’re not looking for anything crazy. Most seasonal retail options around Chicago pay $10 an hour, so this job’s wage is already higher, and even moreso with the bonus. That’s pretty competitive. It’s just :censored2:ty work.