• submitting 9 leads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell everyone UPS is fantastic

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Thinking of ways to enter 15 leads a week every week

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

SafetyFirst

I deliver a hospital on my route in an area with 10:30 committee for air. We start at 9 am and I regularly deliver their early AM's which are committed by 8:30 am because we can't get air to the building on time.

And everytime they are waiting for those packages, sometimes there are even doctors waiting at the dock to take them right away. It's pretty bad

The Driver

I drive.
I deliver a hospital on my route in an area with 10:30 committee for air. We start at 9 am and I regularly deliver their early AM's which are committed by 8:30 am because we can't get air to the building on time.

And everytime they are waiting for those packages, sometimes there are even doctors waiting at the dock to take them right away. It's pretty bad

What?

So you're delivering Early AM pieces when you don't even leave until 9?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Company wide the level of service and commitment to the customers has diminished to the point of being nonexistent. Oh sure....we say they can still get there air by the next day and they usually do...late. Why even play this charade? If the next day air cannot be processed and delivered by a commit time...don't offer the service. It just makes UPS look inept in the collective eyes of the customer. The more people realize that UPS cannot keep their commitments, the less they will bother using the service. The less they bother using the service, the less volume there is. See where I am going here?

Here is what you do to Make UPS GREAT AGAIN. It has to come from the top. There needs to be a total revamping of the current UPS business model. Genuinely appreciate the business customers AND the employees that are needed to MAKE UPS GREAT AGAIN and treat them like human beings, not some automaton with an employee #.

Preloads and ORION hinder the efforts of every driver on the road to effectively and efficiently deliver the volume everyday. Seriously....EVERYDAY.

If things are to get any better there needs to be a total reconstruction of the infra structure of the system. Why is it no longer possible to process the volume within the UPS system? What is causing the bottle neck? 1 glaring example is that most every building within the system is ill equipped to handle the volume that is being shoved through the system. TOO SMALL. NEED TO BE BIGGER.
Those in the higher echelons of the company....I think they call them executives....need to take notice. They need to take notice of why they are in the positions they are and take notice that is why they collect those executive type paychecks. They should take notice that they better start being productive instead of letting the company slide into the abyss by their failure in making the executive decisions that will MAKE UPS GREAT AGAIN.
Here is the deal....there is only some much the anthill can accomplish. When unrealistic goals are placed upon the workforce, the workforce fails.

BUCN85

I have too do a song and dance ...2 our customers that we have now ...y their NDA is being delivered late .... its embarrassing....
It's also embarrassing on the condition a lot of our ground packages show up all mangled because they want to brick us out on a daily basis

They show up mangled because they overload us on preload and tell us to throw bags down the trailer and pull down walls of packages in the name of efficiency. If we don't, we get moved to small support then slowly stop getting scheduled.

Also it starts with the people loading the trailers. Stop putting grills and table saws and air conditioners on top of poorly packed amazon boxes. Having to throw boxes across a grated floor for the first ten minutes of unloading is doing no favors.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

It's almost as if ups is trying to intentionally sabotage there own operation.......by intentionally having service failures.......we have no commit times on airs in July and @Salesguy wants me to vouch for ups service? What am I suppose to tell customers we may not be able to deliver there packages everyday and probably won't be able to pickup your packages but please pay us weekly for those services?

Salesguy

Sales Member

that should go your management team, that is not mak8ng UPS great again

Salesguy

Sales Member
They show up mangled because they overload us on preload and tell us to throw bags down the trailer and pull down walls of packages in the name of efficiency. If we don't, we get moved to small support then slowly stop getting scheduled.

Also it starts with the people loading the trailers. Stop putting grills and table saws and air conditioners on top of poorly packed amazon boxes. Having to throw boxes across a grated floor for the first ten minutes of unloading is doing no favors.

Hold on, we are just a couple of miles away to robotize the complete sort

Salesguy

Sales Member
It's almost as if ups is trying to intentionally sabotage there own operation.......by intentionally having service failures.......we have no commit times on airs in July and @Salesguy wants me to vouch for ups service? What am I suppose to tell customers we may not be able to deliver there packages everyday and probably won't be able to pickup your packages but please pay us weekly for those services?

All shipping companies coop with online pressure.
We are working on a better system, so no worries.
You can enter leads, we will handle the volume.

Salesguy

Sales Member
Company wide the level of service and commitment to the customers has diminished to the point of being nonexistent. Oh sure....we say they can still get there air by the next day and they usually do...late. Why even play this charade? If the next day air cannot be processed and delivered by a commit time...don't offer the service. It just makes UPS look inept in the collective eyes of the customer. The more people realize that UPS cannot keep their commitments, the less they will bother using the service. The less they bother using the service, the less volume there is. See where I am going here?

Here is what you do to Make UPS GREAT AGAIN. It has to come from the top. There needs to be a total revamping of the current UPS business model. Genuinely appreciate the business customers AND the employees that are needed to MAKE UPS GREAT AGAIN and treat them like human beings, not some automaton with an employee #.

Preloads and ORION hinder the efforts of every driver on the road to effectively and efficiently deliver the volume everyday. Seriously....EVERYDAY.

If things are to get any better there needs to be a total reconstruction of the infra structure of the system. Why is it no longer possible to process the volume within the UPS system? What is causing the bottle neck? 1 glaring example is that most every building within the system is ill equipped to handle the volume that is being shoved through the system. TOO SMALL. NEED TO BE BIGGER.
Those in the higher echelons of the company....I think they call them executives....need to take notice. They need to take notice of why they are in the positions they are and take notice that is why they collect those executive type paychecks. They should take notice that they better start being productive instead of letting the company slide into the abyss by their failure in making the executive decisions that will MAKE UPS GREAT AGAIN.
Here is the deal....there is only some much the anthill can accomplish. When unrealistic goals are placed upon the workforce, the workforce fails.

Goals are their to achieve.
Set high targets to get to the main goal: growth.

We are the best in what we do, you are the best in what you do.
competitors follw us, they dont lead us.
they will always be worse in terms if service.
remember that. We are there for you.

Maybe you should apply for a job in mngmnt and make a difference! I respect that.

gman042

Been around the block a few times

False Claim...
YOU say working on a better system...You mean like ORION?
If that is the case....think again.

Salesguy

Sales Member
Well who else can approve the mass hiring of drivers?

Secondly how will tomorrow be a better day if nothing gets done to improve the situation? Because if my other jobs organization got a late delivery guess what can happen? Someone dies peiord and no i am not exaggerating and that's why they use fed ex. And no i don't feel good about saying that but thats truth cereal for you just add milk.

I like your comments very much and I feel with you.
We need to keep our attitude high and keep aiming at the distance that may reveal how far our horizon reaches.

If you believe we can make a change we are off at a good start.
Thanks for believing in making UPS great again!

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I'm embarrassed at how ups treats and services there customers until they change that I'm not vouching for them or lying for them that would make me a liar and a scumbag ......0 leads from me