Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tell everyone UPS is fantastic

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Thinking of ways to enter 15 leads a week every week

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Salesguy

Sales Member
Jesus. If only I could report to a desk every morning and be in a position to believe that. Total disconnection from folks on the ground.

1. submit sales leads every week
2. apply online for a mngmnt job
3. become after 10 years hard work DM
4. make a change for our people

Salesguy

Sales Member
Barely have time to wait for customer signatures. Sales leads... if I say more than Hey and have a nice day for every customer I will be way behind lol. I dont know how we keep the customers we have fedex must really be bad

Time for coffee is a union thing and once a week 1 sales lead is just a good feeling. Enjoy life, Enjoy working 4 UPS. Thank you for your contribution.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
salesguy

you have a positive attitude and message but most of us have heard this many times in the past. It's curious that this kind of talk is happening right before contract time.

I'm retired but still consider myself a UPSer and still uptalk the company to people all the time but no matter . Even though UPS continues to grow , working conditions and treatment of employees , and service , are still on a downward trend.

"Hope Springs Eternal"

Salesguy

Sales Member
Thank you for your contribution to this thread.
Its very good to hear you still uptalk the company.
We come from a long way.

People are the foundation of our organization.
Without people no UPS.
If you leave the P out you keep US.
its all about us and it should be all about the company and how they can give the best customer service by having the best workforce. We need people to be happy to go to UPS in the morning and have so mjch impact on so many lives by delivering 60 or 90 packages. Our drivers dont deliver packages...they deliver promises...dreams...new beginnings...things longed so long for.. that feeling is what drives us. We as UPS leaders need to stand up and inspire those who are nonbelievers... Jim said that we can make the impossible happen by working together and that foundation should be reheared but based on 2017 standards...caring for the UPS family so they go beyond again and again which most now already do and its up to us to change.
Change the already winning team.
uPs.

Ps. OT found any good leads during your retirement? Thank you 4 your years of service partner!!!

35years

Gravy route
Company wide the level of service and commitment to the customers has diminished to the point of being nonexistent. Oh sure....we say they can still get there air by the next day and they usually do...late. Why even play this charade? If the next day air cannot be processed and delivered by a commit time...don't offer the service. It just makes UPS look inept in the collective eyes of the customer. The more people realize that UPS cannot keep their commitments, the less they will bother using the service. The less they bother using the service, the less volume there is. See where I am going here?

Here is what you do to Make UPS GREAT AGAIN. It has to come from the top. There needs to be a total revamping of the current UPS business model. Genuinely appreciate the business customers AND the employees that are needed to MAKE UPS GREAT AGAIN and treat them like human beings, not some automaton with an employee #.

Preloads and ORION hinder the efforts of every driver on the road to effectively and efficiently deliver the volume everyday. Seriously....EVERYDAY.

If things are to get any better there needs to be a total reconstruction of the infra structure of the system. Why is it no longer possible to process the volume within the UPS system? What is causing the bottle neck? 1 glaring example is that most every building within the system is ill equipped to handle the volume that is being shoved through the system. TOO SMALL. NEED TO BE BIGGER.
Those in the higher echelons of the company....I think they call them executives....need to take notice. They need to take notice of why they are in the positions they are and take notice that is why they collect those executive type paychecks. They should take notice that they better start being productive instead of letting the company slide into the abyss by their failure in making the executive decisions that will MAKE UPS GREAT AGAIN.
Here is the deal....there is only some much the anthill can accomplish. When unrealistic goals are placed upon the workforce, the workforce fails.

I would want you as my CEO.

35+ years I have watched the erosion of this once great company.

We once dominated the industry with $0 advertising. Because we simply we far better than anyone else.

The current leadership obviously has no clue how to run this company. They have made huge mistakes and are unwilling to make an honest assessment in order to correct them.

Best service, lowest cost has become abysmal service, higher cost.

I would not buy UPS stock at a 20% discount at this point.

Salesguy

Sales Member
If you had spent more time working, than paestering us to do your job, you might have more than 1 sales lead!

Once you go trough the pages of my threads you read that its more about than sales lead. Some are frustrated, some are sad or dissapointed, some are plain angry and a few people are happy to respond online. Its more than a lead, its more than my words.
Its YOU.

The real message is l.o.v.e

35years

Gravy route
Orion is sooo 2015 there will be even better stuff in the near future.
Better than ORION???
upload_2017-7-16_13-48-13.jpeg

How could this even be possible?

Box Ox

OP has been posting nothing but corporate circle-jerk rhetoric that hasn't been reality in a long time.

Sounds good, means nothing. It's probably fun to play pretend that it does when you get to the office. Right after telling each other you're big deals and do make a difference. But from what I hear from the veterans, the company left all that stuff for dead in a ditch a while ago and has never looked back.

903.jpg

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Once you go trough the pages of my threads you read that its more about than sales lead. Some are frustrated, some are sad or dissapointed, some are plain angry and a few people are happy to respond online. Its more than a lead, its more than my words.
Its YOU.

The real message is l.o.v.e
IMG_2148.GIF

35years

Gravy route
At one point in this companies history I submitted 20 PRODUCING sold sales leads in a one month time frame.

That is when I worked for one of the finest corporations in the world.

That is when we drivers, and even part timers were asked on a regular basis how to improve the operation.

That is when drivers were averaging a 5:25 P.M. punch out time.

That is when managers, supervisors and hour-lies were empowered to do the right ting in all situations.

That was then, this is now.