Indecisi0n

I just read briefly over the proposed contract. It appears that the union has decided to push even harder to create full time jobs. I can understand this to an extent.
There are union employees that do not want to work full time. In fact this had been a great resource for people who are looking for a part time job that pays well and has benefits. People who have businesses, go to school, spouses that can't work full time, people with disabilities etc.
In the unions push to create more full time jobs they are not properly representing the part time work force.
Each new contract keeps trying to weed out part time jobs!
In my case I am a part time air driver. (23 years)

Specifically article 40 section 1
The proposed contract could basically eliminate my job (position).

I was under the impression that the union dues I pay to the teamsters was supposed to represent me, not cause me to potentially lose my job (position).

Any part timer reading this should look carefully at what this contract is trying to do to you. Make your own decisions but you have an equal vote, just the same a a full time employee.
As a part timer I encourage you to read the proposal and let your union representatives know how you feel and how your likely to vote!!!

P.S. keep in mind that reducing part time workers actually reduces the number of jobs or in this case the number of workers. Less workers mean less benefits to be paid...which is a major issue right now......I really question the unions interest on this.
We really don't need part timers anyway.

The responsible thing would be to wait until a job is vacated before converting it to a combo.

But if they cant wait that long. A teamster should have a right to follow their work.
Thats the way it has been in the past. In fact when they started making these combo jobs they were not supposed to pull people from their existing job to make a combo job. They were supposed to create these jobs from jobs that were vacated.

Oh, that makes sense. I guess i was under the impression they had a bidded route like we do, but with just the air stops.
Letter box pick ups ! That has been my job for 23 years. Also late UPS store pickups. No full time driver wants to stay out until 8:30 every night picking up letter boxes. And yes I am categorized as a bid air driver.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Letter box pick ups ! That has been my job for 23 years. Also late UPS store pickups. No full time driver wants to stay out until 8:30 every night picking up letter boxes. And yes I am categorized as a bid air driver.

No wonder you're throwing such a fit...23 years at UPS and you've never actually had to do any work.

Skooney

Easiest. Job. Ever.

I did it for 2 years. It sucked. Every minute of it, unless you like doing nothing.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I just read briefly over the proposed contract. It appears that the union has decided to push even harder to create full time jobs. I can understand this to an extent.
There are union employees that do not want to work full time. In fact this had been a great resource for people who are looking for a part time job that pays well and has benefits. People who have businesses, go to school, spouses that can't work full time, people with disabilities etc.
In the unions push to create more full time jobs they are not properly representing the part time work force.
Each new contract keeps trying to weed out part time jobs!
In my case I am a part time air driver. (23 years)

Specifically article 40 section 1
The proposed contract could basically eliminate my job (position).

I was under the impression that the union dues I pay to the teamsters was supposed to represent me, not cause me to potentially lose my job (position).

Any part timer reading this should look carefully at what this contract is trying to do to you. Make your own decisions but you have an equal vote, just the same a a full time employee.
As a part timer I encourage you to read the proposal and let your union representatives know how you feel and how your likely to vote!!!

P.S. keep in mind that reducing part time workers actually reduces the number of jobs or in this case the number of workers. Less workers mean less benefits to be paid...which is a major issue right now......I really question the unions interest on this.
This is a union shop and full time work is what we want and need. Gtfo with your whiny pt bologne.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I see your a feeder driver which means you sit in a truck. Maybe you should load your own trailers since you dont need part time workers. Not sure why I am responding to this ignorance!!?

Are you really trying to make the point that a PT Air Driver works harder than a feeder driver?

I'm also a feeder driver but unlike you I actually loaded, unloaded and sorted for 7 years before going full-time. If you work like the air drivers in my building you have absolutely no credibility in calling another ups employee lazy! We have maybe two who actually do anything. I'm not dogging them...that is the pace of their job .

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you really trying to make the point that a PT Air Driver works harder than a feeder driver?

I'm also a feeder driver but unlike you I actually loaded, unloaded and sorted for 7 years before going full-time. If you work like the air drivers in my building you have absolutely no credibility in calling another ups employee lazy! We have maybe two who actually do anything. I'm not dogging them...that is the pace of their job .
Making that point while whining about having to go back inside because the work is too hard. Lmao