Cory Coyne

Been at ups for about 4 1/2 Years as a preloader..hours aren’t cutting it though (not enough) is it possible to work double shifts, (for example 5-9pm and then come back for the early am preload?)

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Been at ups for about 4 1/2 Years as a preloader..hours aren’t cutting it though (not enough) is it possible to work double shifts, (for example 5-9pm and then come back for the early am preload?)
if they need it, they are not going to just let you, ask if there is a list

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's called article 22.3 (double shifters) It generally is night/preload or day/twilight or preload/air driver. If your center does not have all 4 shifts then very likely no. 4.5 years means you should have enough seniority to bid one of these positions in most areas.

Chnandler Bong

We can in our building, but only if the other shift is short handed...and the extra work has to be offered by seniority. You can't just ask to work both shifts on a daily basis. 22.3 jobs are a whole different thing than what the OP is wanting to do (I think)?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Had one for a while up until recently, I’m just curious as to whether I should pursue working double shifts or just get another day job

In our center the only people who are allowed to work the double shift are the lower-seniority FT drivers who have been laid off during the "off-season." Under our local supplement they are guaranteed 8 hours. Not sure if this is the case everywhere.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Had one for a while up until recently, I’m just curious as to whether I should pursue working double shifts or just get another day job

Ask your sup about the extra work list, maybe bid for air driving. There's not always extra work available, but learn as many jobs as you can and make yourself useful, you could end up making enough extra to squeak by on. Your safest bet would be to look for another day job. It may be easier to transfer to local sort and get a day job that starts earlier than to try and find another job that starts later.