Rail strike

Thebrownblob

driver calls out an hour before his start time. How do you cover the run?
They have a board that does that. If you’re talking about q drivers that’s package car drivers Who are not permanent feedres. Not gonna happen here. They get called off their package car routes to go to dry feeders. We don’t even have enough people to do package car.

Thebrownblob

just what you described . A list of qualified feeder drivers that did not have scheduled runs that were on call for work that became available. part of paying your dues until you had enough seniority to bid on a run.
many of them could have bid on weekly jobs but liked have the flexibility to cover jobs day to day.
Perhaps there called something different where you are, but here they’re trying to have package car drivers do it.

newfie

Perhaps there called something different where you are, but here they’re trying to have package car drivers do it.
right but they have to be on a qualified list for feeders.
and i would guess they have the option to bid weekly on scheduled runs or extra runs that pop up.
and there would have be some drivers on some kind of list that cover the daily scratches, personal holidays and sick days?

Thebrownblob

right but they have to be on a qualified list for feeders.
and i would guess they have the option to bid weekly on scheduled runs or extra runs that pop up.
and there would have be some drivers on some kind of list that cover the daily scratches, personal holidays and sick days?
Correct we are talking about two different things then.

newfie

Yes with cameras pointed inside the depot to see how fast we clock out (tie up) on a federally monitored system (timesheet)

We are obviously fuqcking the dog all day every day.
most are not , some are. the point also being that when the other guy bragged about making more money than sups then he would have to compare hours, benefits, stock and 401 k match too rather than just straight salary.

newfie

They have a board that does that. If you’re talking about q drivers that’s package car drivers Who are not permanent feedres. Not gonna happen here. They get called off their package car routes to go to dry feeders. We don’t even have enough people to do package car.
back to what you said earlier . if they get called off their package car routes to drive feeders than they have to be on a feeder qualified list to do so?

PT Car Washer

Correct we have none of that nor will we. Nor do we have part-timers working in the yard. It’s also one giant seniority list and a continuous bump. Close to 600 feeder drivers.
You are either a Feeder driver or a delivery driver. Not both. PT are not allowed to operate any Feeder equipment although I have moved the white spotter truck out of the way a couple times when no one was watching.

Thebrownblob

back to what you said earlier . if they get called off their package car routes to drive feeders than they have to be on a feeder qualified list to do so?
Again I don’t think you’re understanding me we don’t have anyone in package qualified to do feeders. Nor will we. If they get qualified to do feeders they’re in the feeder department. Occasionally some get laid off and come back to package but obviously they can only do that for a certain amount of time. And that hasn’t happened here for several years.

Trucker Clock

Correct we have none of that nor will we. Nor do we have part-timers working in the yard. It’s also one giant seniority list and a continuous bump. Close to 600 feeder drivers.

Your 600 driver hub can accommodate an on call board or a qualified board to cover absences, injuries and vacations.

Smaller centers cannot. No one would stay on it. They would not be working enough.

Yes, at least in the Central.

You are either a Feeder driver or a delivery driver. Not both.

Wrong.

The Central says that there must be at least 10% of the feeder jobs on the qualified list. Some of the hubs have an on call board. Some of the smaller centers have feeder qualified package drivers to fill that 10%

These drivers are package car driver on the feeder qualified list that usually deliver packages. Sometimes they are used to cover feeder vacations, injuries, or other shortages. Or even extra peak jobs. For most of the centers, they are not used to cover a 1 day call in by a feeder driver. The closest hub usually covers the job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I can't remember all the details.

At some point (feel free to correct me) it was paying like 22% interest ?

Honestly can't remember why it was shut down. But, you could roll it into an IRA or 401K ?

I believe it was shut down because some of the money was going to an insurance company in the Bahamas which ups used for insurance on packages and the us government thought there was some funny business going on
Later proven in court that it was all on the up and up
Maybe I just dreamt all that last night but that’s how I remember it
And yes I did well with mine

newfie

You are either a Feeder driver or a delivery driver. Not both. PT are not allowed to operate any Feeder equipment although I have moved the white spotter truck out of the way a couple times when no one was watching.
so you dont have people that are qualified to work in feeders but dont have enough seniority to have a permanent feeder run? those folks would work wherever their seniority is package or hub but only work feeders when there is work available.

there has to be such people in your district or feeder runs would never get covered when someone calls out.

newfie

Your 600 driver hub can accommodate an on call board or a qualified board to cover absences, injuries and vacations.

Smaller centers cannot. No one would stay on it. They would not be working enough.
if we had feeder runs domiciled in a smaller building then we would try to have feeder qualified folks in that building that would work their normal package jobs but come out when someone was on vacation.
that was not always easy to do since package guys enjoyed their day jobs and feeder runs were usually at night.

Thebrownblob

Yes, at least in the Central.

Wrong.

The Central says that there must be at least 10% of the feeder jobs on the qualified list. Some of the hubs have an on call board. Some of the smaller centers have feeder qualified package drivers to fill that 10%

These drivers are package car driver on the feeder qualified list that usually deliver packages. Sometimes they are used to cover feeder vacations, injuries, or other shortages. Or even extra peak jobs. For most of the centers, they are not used to cover a 1 day call in by a feeder driver. The closest hub usually covers the job.
I absolutely agree we have enough people to do it, but the company thinks they should still have a Q list and we disagree.

Trucker Clock

if we had feeder runs domiciled in a smaller building then we would try to have feeder qualified folks in that building that would work their normal package jobs but come out when someone was on vacation.
that was not always easy to do since package guys enjoyed their day jobs and feeder runs were usually at night.

Yep. And it used to be that Feeders always took precedent. If they needed a feeder qualified package driver, they took them for the week, or even a day.

Imagine working Mon-Thurs in packages and then covering a Friday night feeder job.

Anymore though, it's a fight from the package center to get the driver, and feeders doesn't always win.