Rail strike

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I'm nut sure we are. there has to be a feeder qualified list somewhere in your area?
Not necessarily. We have 600 feeder drivers here with a ton of either straight local runs or runs that are local at least once a week. If someone calls out that goes long, a local guy that starts around the same time as the guy that called out will cover the run for the day.

Then we have VC (vacation cover) drivers, which is also a bid job BTW, that will cover the guys on vacation. They rebid every week and there is always enough work for them. Again, with 600 drivers, there’s always at least 30-40 guys off every week of the year.

PT Car Washer

Your 600 driver hub can accommodate an on call board or a qualified board to cover absences, injuries and vacations.

Smaller centers cannot. No one would stay on it. They would not be working enough.

Yes, at least in the Central.

Wrong.

The Central says that there must be at least 10% of the feeder jobs on the qualified list. Some of the hubs have an on call board. Some of the smaller centers have feeder qualified package drivers to fill that 10%

These drivers are package car driver on the feeder qualified list that usually deliver packages. Sometimes they are used to cover feeder vacations, injuries, or other shortages. Or even extra peak jobs. For most of the centers, they are not used to cover a 1 day call in by a feeder driver. The closest hub usually covers the job.
Never heard of such a thing. We have a hard enough time staffing package cars let alone cover for Feeders also. We have had a few 22.3 air drivers that were allowed to bid into Feeders. Not allowed until just a few years ago. Largest Hub in the state.

Thebrownblob

Never heard of such a thing. We have a hard enough time staffing package cars let alone cover for Feeders also. We have had a few 22.3 air drivers that were allowed to bid into Feeders. Not allowed until just a few years ago. Largest Hub in the state.
Same here there’s no possible chance we could afford to lose package car drivers to feederss, whenever they feel like we wouldn’t get anything delivered what would be the point of even bringing trailers to the yard nothing would get out.

Trucker Clock

Then we have VC (vacation cover) drivers, which is also a bid job BTW, that will cover the guys on vacation.

In the Central, those vacation cover drivers would be considered qualified list drivers. The Central says 10% of the scheduled feeder jobs. Those vacation replacements, even though bid, are not all scheduled. Theoretically, if there were not enough drivers on vacation, there would not be enough jobs for all the vacation cover drivers.

Never heard of such a thing.

Central Region
Article 14

In order to accomplish the above, the Employer shall conduct tractor trailer schools as frequently as needed to maintain a sufficient number of employees on the qualified list. Each center will offer no less than ten percent (10%) of the number of scheduled feeder jobs in that center to be on the qualified feeder list, or presently assigned to the feeder classification.

Same here there’s no possible chance we could afford to lose package car drivers to feederss, whenever they feel like we wouldn’t get anything delivered what would be the point of even bringing trailers to the yard nothing would get out.

The qualified list could already be in the feeder department, vacation cover drivers.

Smaller centers have feeder qualified package car drivers. They may be needed once in awhile, and usually only one at a time.

pkgdriver

I believe it was shut down because some of the money was going to an insurance company in the Bahamas which ups used for insurance on packages and the us government thought there was some funny business going on
Later proven in court that it was all on the up and up
Maybe I just dreamt all that last night but that’s how I remember it
And yes I did well with mine
Bermuda

CHEMA-DELMA

Oops!

Fears of a disruptive rail strike are roaring back to life, less than a month after President Joe Biden took a highly visible victory lap for averting a pre-election economic meltdown.

Joey could not get himself out a wet paper bag, he is a d-bag. Not so sure of his Labor Sec MARTY either.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Joey could not get himself out a wet paper bag, he is a d-bag. Not so sure of his Labor Sec MARTY either.
I don’t think many union members on here, retired or active, believed that the rail workers were going to accept that slap in the face of an offer. It never addressed the main issues! Money isn’t always the answer, especially if you don’t have the time to enjoy it.

Zowert

Have to wait and see what he does if they do strike.
Biden can’t force them back to work at gunpoint, what’s he gonna do if they refuse to cross their own picket line? That’s essentially what it is if you vote to strike then go back to work on some contract you didn’t approve.

“If you don’t go back to work we are going to throw you in jail!” Okay then lock us up. Doesn’t matter if we we are on the picket line or a jail cell, you still won’t have anyone to move these trains.

Johney

Biden can’t force them back to work at gunpoint, what’s he gonna do if they refuse to cross their own picket line? That’s essentially what it is if you vote to strike then go back to work on some contract you didn’t approve.

“If you don’t go back to work we are going to throw you in jail!” Okay then lock us up. Doesn’t matter if we we are on the picket line or a jail cell, you still won’t have anyone to move these trains.
Eastern airlines? Air traffic controller’s? Any different?