Socks and Trucks!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Due to past practice for the past 20 years of not requiring UPS socks, can they then decide they want Drivers to now wear UPS socks?

Yes they can.

It has always been a UPS policy to wear the branded socks with shorts. It just was never enforced.

They can start enforcing the policy irregardless of past practice.

But if they want to start enforcing the policy, the union needs to step in and make UPS supply the socks as part of the uniform

10 point

Yes they can.

It has always been a UPS policy to wear the branded socks with shorts. It just was never enforced.

They can start enforcing the policy irregardless of past practice.

But if they want to start enforcing the policy, the union needs to step in and make UPS supply the socks as part of the uniform
Don't hold your breath.

Irishman Collins

To a certain degree ?

Sure.

Just don't forget the "operative term".... Bargaining.

Everyone gets something. That's the purpose. :biggrin:

Nope.

Just saying.... things could be worse.

-Bug-
Everyone gets something? If one side of the table has all the leverage. That side usually wins. In the case of the last contract. We got our asses kicked by the side of the table with virtually no leverage. UPS could not afford a work stoppage in times of record profit. Our side was afraid to use our leverage to gain better pension contributions, part time wages and better health care. Is the truth that our side actually had no leverage because they desperately needed additional contributors to Central States health care?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Is the truth that our side actually had no leverage because they desperately needed additional contributors to Central States health care?
...or did the company tell the Union, "we want all UPSer's in our plan, or none of them"?
Perhaps that's how the company stole the leverage?

All I ever wanted was the truth, and I still haven't heard it.

Inthegame

Everyone gets something? If one side of the table has all the leverage. That side usually wins. In the case of the last contract. We got our asses kicked by the side of the table with virtually no leverage. UPS could not afford a work stoppage in times of record profit. Our side was afraid to use our leverage to gain better pension contributions, part time wages and better health care. Is the truth that our side actually had no leverage because they desperately needed additional contributors to Central States health care?

...or did the company tell the Union, "we want all UPSer's in our plan, or none of them"?
Perhaps that's how the company stole the leverage?

I think it was Mr White with a candlestick in the library...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I can tell you, unequivocally, that I feel "entitled".

Entitled.......your damn right I am entitled! I pay Union dues

There's that "prima donna" UPS attitude.

Yet.... only 30% vote.

If the members in freight can't respect that,...I don't need them.

And, apparently....

Other's in your Local, would rather have experienced Officers.

In the case of the last contract. We got our asses kicked by the side of the table with virtually no leverage. UPS could not afford a work stoppage in times of record profit.

This isn't 1997.

Who's ready to walk ?

The millennials glued to their phone ?

Good luck.

Public support ?

Nope.

You're not going to hear.... what you want.

Face the facts.

-Bug-

Inthegame

Is the truth that our side actually had no leverage because they desperately needed additional contributors to Central States health care?
You do understand that with those contributions come the claims obligations. The only way your scenario plays out would be if the incomptent IBT's bozo's somehow bamboozled the much brighter UPS negotiators into overly paying contributions in excess the actual cost of HC.
Anyway, TeamCare's months of reserve has remained steady since the influx of UPSers. Looks like a balanced deal.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because candy bars aren't a nickel anymore. What you're not paying is the $90 per week co-premium to the vaunted UPS HC plan that was on the table.
"Candy bars" were free for the last 30 years where I'm from, and the company still recorded record profits.

How much will a "candy bar" cost me in 2019?

There's that "prima donna" UPS attitude.

Yet.... only 30% vote.

And, apparently....

Other's in your Local, would rather have experienced Officers.

This isn't 1997.

Who's ready to walk ?

The millennials glued to their phone ?

Good luck.

Public support ?

Nope.

You're not going to hear.... what you want.

Face the facts.

-Bug-
;)