Socks and Trucks!

Irishman Collins

Seriously....

You can't figure out, how to extract an extra $400.00 out of UPS ?

Over the course of a year ?

Wow.

-Bug-
We shouldn't have to figure a way to extract another 400.00 from UPS. Our Union negotiating team should of never agreed to us paying a dime while the Company fat cats brag about their billions while sailing the Caribbean in their yachts. Oh.....and great advice, get the members to steal time to make up the 400.00.

I guess $90,000 dollar jobs with 40k in benefits aren't what they used to be. Sorry Kenny for these ingrates. I guess you gotta come from nothing like me to value what this package does for my family and I.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I guess $90,000 dollar jobs with 40k in benefits aren't what they used to be. Sorry Kenny for these ingrates. I guess you gotta come from nothing like me to value what this package does for my family and I.
"Kenny" has been negotiating us backwards.
It is decades of hard working, self sacrificing Teamsters that deserve the credit for what we have.

Some of us "ingrates" aren't content to take what was imposed, and fight to keep what we have....and had.

Irishman Collins

We work for a Company that makes Billions! We are the reason they do. 90,000. Is peanuts to what we should be making. Just because you are a truck driver doesn't mean that you shouldn't be compensated at a level that is reflective of how profitable our Company is. We don't work in Freight, there was never a reason for our negotiators to give any concessions or give backs. Concessions have to be given to failing companies like YRC in order for them to survive. We are not freaking Freight, nor will we ever be. Our company will continue to thrive, you go ahead and be happy with your 90,000, while supervisors and managers are over compensated and do nothing. Geez. ....it is like talking to management.

5habits100

Don't you get it? No matter what the IBT does there are goofballs that are going to say it isn't enough. They want more. They want to take and take and take until there is nothing left. UPS is making profits now and they want to take those profits until they're gone. In 10 years (if that long) when UPS is in financial trouble they (goofballs) will say that the union screwed them. These people don't look at what it cost to ship a package FedEx, USPS, Amazon and all the regional carriers. It's less money and the time in transit is faster, in some cases than UPS. It kills me how some loser who can't get the respect of the members in his local time after time of running in an election and another one who doesn't have the balls to put his name in the hat criticize the IBT people who are doing a good job. We have it so good at UPS that these bozo's are concerned about package cars without a shoulder belt and changing the structure of a vehicle which could make it more dangerous. Or how they are worried about socks. They can't find anything else to complain about because they have it so good.

Then you have a guy telling an incorrect statement about a person who did everything right on an 8 hour request and got screwed. That guy making the statement didn't have all the facts and wasn't in the hearing to listen to the facts of the case.

There is so much more I could say but I won't because it would be edited anyway so I'm not going to waste my time. Bring on the comments because I already know what you're going to say is the same things over and over.

By the way for the people that get it, sorry about the rant.

Irishman Collins

Don't you get it? No matter what the IBT does there are goofballs that are going to say it isn't enough. They want more. They want to take and take and take until there is nothing left. UPS is making profits now and they want to take those profits until they're gone. In 10 years (if that long) when UPS is in financial trouble they (goofballs) will say that the union screwed them. These people don't look at what it cost to ship a package FedEx, USPS, Amazon and all the regional carriers. It's less money and the time in transit is faster, in some cases than UPS. It kills me how some loser who can't get the respect of the members in his local time after time of running in an election and another one who doesn't have the balls to put his name in the hat criticize the IBT people who are doing a good job. We have it so good at UPS that these bozo's are concerned about package cars without a shoulder belt and changing the structure of a vehicle which could make it more dangerous. Or how they are worried about socks. They can't find anything else to complain about because they have it so good.

Then you have a guy telling an incorrect statement about a person who did everything right on an 8 hour request and got screwed. That guy making the statement didn't have all the facts and wasn't in the hearing to listen to the facts of the case.

There is so much more I could say but I won't because it would be edited anyway so I'm not going to waste my time. Bring on the comments because I already know what you're going to say is the same things over and over.

By the way for the people that get it, sorry about the rant.
Finally you are correct with something! Yes, we want more and more and as long as UPS is making record profits we want our fair share and our elected officials will get it or we will send them back to their freight trucks. Which is one of our problems, there shouldn't be one freight person sitting on panels or our negotiating committees. I love our Freight members but let's face it! Their culture is concessinary and they are on the average, less educated and far less workers. We need aggressive, smart, educated UPSERS to fight the good fight against the corporate beast!

5habits100

Finally you are correct with something! Yes, we want more and more and as long as UPS is making record profits we want our fair share and our elected officials will get it or we will send them back to their freight trucks. Which is one of our problems, there shouldn't be one freight person sitting on panels or our negotiating committees. I love our Freight members but let's face it! Their culture is concessinary and they are on the average, less educated and far less workers. We need aggressive, smart, educated UPSERS to fight the good fight against the corporate beast!
The only thing I can say is thank you for proving my point.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I get copies of all of the dockets and decisions, and certain cases catch my eye.
When you network yourself with as many people as I do, all kinds of things are possible.
It's funny how you dinosaurs think that in 2016 that you have to be in the hearing to "listen to the facts of the case", that somehow the ranks are still closed in your secret society.

When I inquired about this specific case, because it sounded interesting, I got all of the facts I needed.
If I were to close my eyes, it would have been "like I was in the room".
As the charging party, the company had the burden of proof, and they proved nothing.
In the drivers defense, he had 4 decades of Central Region decisions and established Local practices on his side, yet still the "baby was split".
Anybody who has been around for more than a cup of coffee knows; had the driver had any real culpability, he would have been lucky to be put back to work, let alone receive half back pay.
What a travesty it would be if this decision managed to set a new precedence, after such a long standing privilege had been preserved by our predecessors.

The only thing I don't understand, is why they didn't "refer the case back to parties", like they do most every other time the Union presents a good case?
I can only assume, without any first hand knowledge or contacts in that Local, that this guy wasn't looking for a deal and the case was destine to be right back in front of this same panel in 3 months.
Either way, it was another crap decision.

Last edited:

Inthegame

I love our Freight members
Is this really Donald Trump posting?
there shouldn't be one freight person sitting on panels or our negotiating committees.
But you're OK with a former Carhaul Director?
Their culture is concessinary and they are on the average, less educated and far less workers. We need aggressive, smart, educated UPSERS to fight the good fight against the corporate beast!
Wow, from that train wreck of a post, I'm guessing you're not on MENSA's short list.

Now I know Why you HIDE behind a screen name.

Irishman Collins

I get copies of all of the dockets and decisions, and certain cases catch my eye.
When you network yourself with as many people as I do, all kinds of things are possible.
It's funny how you dinosaurs think that in 2016 that you have to be in the hearing to "listen to the facts of the case", that somehow the ranks are still closed in your secret society.

When I inquired about this specific case, because it sounded interesting, I got all of the facts I needed.
If I were to close my eyes, it would have been "like I was in the room".
As the charging party, the company had the burden of proof, and they proved nothing.
In the drivers defense, he had 4 decades of Central Region decisions and established Local practices on his side, yet still the "baby was split".
Anybody who has been around for more than a cup of coffee knows; had the driver had any real culpability, he would have been lucky to be put back to work, let alone receive half back pay.
What a travesty it would be if this decision managed to set a new precedence, after such a long standing privilege had been preserved by our predecessors.

The only thing I don't understand, is why they didn't "refer the case back to parties", like they do most every other time the Union presents a good case?
I can only assume, without any first hand knowledge or contacts in that Local, that this guy wasn't looking for a deal and the case was destine to be right back in front of this same panel in 3 months.
Either way, it was another crap decision.
Dinosaurs, they are Bubblehead. Our Union will never grow with these types of clowns running our Union.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

"Kenny" has been negotiating us backwards.
It is decades of hard working, self sacrificing Teamsters that deserve the credit for what we have.

Some of us "ingrates" aren't content to take what was imposed, and fight to keep what we have....and had.
I'm not being sarcastic with this question but what would a good contract look like to you? How much in raises? How much in benefits should be paid by ups? What will give the union the owner that you want?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We shouldn't have to figure a way to extract another 400.00 from UPS.

Maybe....

"Figuring" isn't your forte.

Oh.....and great advice, get the members to steal time to make up the 400.00.

:scared:
Is that under 17a?:scared:

Who suggested dishonesty ?

The company throws away free money, everyday. The smart members take advantage of it.

Haven't you ever seen a Feeder Driver.... wash their tractor.... everyday ? :biggrin:

I get copies of all of the dockets and decisions, and certain cases catch my eye. It's funny how you dinosaurs think that in 2016 that you have to be in the hearing to "listen to the facts of the case"

How would you know, what the "facts of the case" are otherwise ?

If I were to close my eyes, it would have been "like I was in the room"

You can decipher things.... metaphysically ?

Was that your platform, running for Delegate ?

Yikes.

-Bug-