Johney

I wish I had taken a pic. As long as you pull a set it would work fine, by pulling the knob out you energize the rear trailer with air and set the snubber at the same time.

trickpony1

Pull it out and it puts the snubber on but also leaks air from the line.

I'm afraid to suggest this...I really am but...
I pulled a dolly behind a single frequently. The shop gave me a gladhand that was plugged.
I put the plugged gladhand on the short red airline and turned the air on (and left it on).
I pushed the snubber button and the snubber set.

I DID NOT supply air to the service side.
I'm afraid someone is gonna try this and really screw something up.

Johney

I'm afraid to suggest this...I really am but...
I pulled a dolly behind a single frequently. The shop gave me a gladhand that was plugged.
I put the plugged gladhand on the short red airline and turned the air on (and left it on).
I pushed the snubber button and the snubber set.

I DID NOT supply air to the service side.
I'm afraid someone is gonna try this and really screw something up.
That would work is this situation for sure. I just rolled with it loose really not a big deal I guess it just seems to be easier to back a pup and dolly with the snubber set. A couple places I go to it's nice to be able to back your pup and dolly into the pit and save a little back pain by not having to push it back by hand.

trickpony1

That would work is this situation for sure.

Have the shop give you a plugged gladhand. Keep it in your bag.

I never relished the thought of my dolly donut hammering on my pintle hook. Be sure to zip tie your red airline securely so it doesn't drop and get dragged. BTDT.

Brown Now

$ 4.500 more than a regular dolly cost.
Damn... how much is a regular one??

I can’t remember for sure, I just remember reading it was $4.500 more than a regular dolly. I keep wanting to say a T-dolly cost $14K, so that would make a conventional dolly $9.500. I feel they got the bugs out of them and work just fine now. It’s a slick system. There may be more to go wrong , but they’ll figure it out. The original order had the brain box and permit box getting crushed when the dolly would contract and then sway issues. They’ve gone through a few campaigns. It’s all new to the industry, you knew there’d be growing pains.

Brown Now

$ 4.500 more than a regular dolly cost.
Damn... how much is a regular one??

What would happen if you had to quickly swerve in order to miss hitting a person or car, would the dolly retract back to normal position fast enough???

Nothing would happen. Possibly pinch corner of rear trailer on rear corner of lead trailer.

These work off the ABS system. When speed exceeds 45 mph, they will contract. When speed drops under 50mph they begin to extend.

Has anybody seen the new drop frame pups floating around? Doesn't seem to be a way to use the snubber when just towing a single and a dolly. Unless I missed something.

I’ve seen a few come through the system a couple of years ago, but haven’t seen any since. Are we still getting these?

Johney

What would happen if you had to quickly swerve in order to miss hitting a person or car, would the dolly retract back to normal position fast enough???

Nothing would happen. Possibly pinch corner of rear trailer on rear corner of lead trailer.

These work off the ABS system. When speed exceeds 45 mph, they will contract. When speed drops under 50mph they begin to extend.

Has anybody seen the new drop frame pups floating around? Doesn't seem to be a way to use the snubber when just towing a single and a dolly. Unless I missed something.

I’ve seen a few come through the system a couple of years ago, but haven’t seen any since. Are we still getting these?
Yup we are. They appear to be brand new. Rollers down the middle and the fold down things inside.

Brown Now

You mean the panels that fold down that creates a floor. Those were on the last batch that came through a couple of years ago. What surprised me was that they only weighed a bit more than our regular pups. Maybe 1K more max.

jaker

trolling
You mean the panels that fold down that creates a floor. Those were on the last batch that came through a couple of years ago. What surprised me was that they only weighed a bit more than our regular pups. Maybe 1K more max.
So ups is bringing 28' drop down trailers back

Brown Now

Haven’t seen them by me in a couple of years, but apparently they’re showing up new somewhere in the system.

budlight

hey friend* face
Driver came in with a t dolly the other day that didn't expand itself. How he made it in the driveway without damaging trailers is beyond me. Never mind the couple of 90 degree turns before getting to the yard. /shrug

Johney

Fold down things? You talking about flaps

Haven’t seen any of those in many years
Flaps. Yea that's it.

Yup.

I don't think it was 28'.

Brown Now

Fold down things? You talking about flaps

Haven’t seen any of those in many years
Flaps. Yea that's it.

Yup.

I don't think it was 28'.

28’ is maximum legal length for a pup. They’re lobbying for 33’ trailers , hasn’t happened yet.