browned_out

I have seen a few of these floating around lately, had the opportunity to use one a few weeks ago. Other then getting used to something new, I felt that overall it pulled nice. The only way I can describe it is that it felt very solid while pulling. No sway whatsoever, I did have some concerns with the air lines. They seem to hang lower then I like, thought they may drag. Everything went fine.

Brown Now

Suppose you were hauling triples and had 1 T-dolly and 1 conventional—-how would you position them?

I did when they first came into the system. It was dolly #2 in a set of triples. It pulled just fine and my meet driver said it pulled fine the rest of the way. Did not have a chance to try them with double longs as my run is triples there, triples back.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Has anybody seen the new drop frame pups floating around?

I've pulled them many times, but have not seen them lately.

Doesn't seem to be a way to use the snubber when just towing a single and a dolly. Unless I missed something.

Nope, except to use two dummy glad hands.

Do you guys need to be “qualified “ with them???

Nope.

Is there anything different you need to do or know in order to use them???

Nope. Just need to know that they will retract, pull the rear closer to the front, over 45 mph.

What would happen if you had to quickly swerve in order to miss hitting a person or car, would the dolly retract back to normal position fast enough???

Nothing. There is still plenty of room. But, if you swerved too far so that the trailers may touch, you're already in trouble and will most likely flip the rear box.

Crimp the red airline by folding it back on itself.
Hold this tight with one hand, turn valve on then off with other hand.
Snubber with set.

Not how to do it with the new drop decks.

That is for a regular pup, there is no valve on the drop frame pups.

Correct.

EDIT:
Crimp the SHORT red airline...not the long one.

You have never seen one of the new drop decks. This is how to set the snubber on most trailers, but not the new drop decks.

How do you check the air if there are no valves??

Pull the button on the rear and you will hear the air.

WOW.
Where have I been the last 30 years?

Where have you been the last year, when these new trailers have started appearing?

You're not understanding me, there is no shut off valve. Just a snubber button to push in or pull out. Pull it out and it puts the snubber on but also leaks air from the line.

Correct. This checks for air to the valves, but to keep the snubber on, you need 2 dummy glad hands.

I misspoke:
1) crimp red airline
2) turn air valve on
3) push snubber button in
4) snubber will set
5) turn air valve off.

No air valves to turn on these trailers. You have never seen one, and keep posting the incorrect procedure.

I DID NOT supply air to the service side. I'm afraid someone is gonna try this and really screw something up

Will not screw anything up. You need that one on these new trailers to keep the snubber set.

Ok one more time....there is no valve on the new drop frame trailers.

You tell him.

I keep wanting to say a T-dolly cost $14K

Give or take, $14,000 from Silver Eagle.

They appear to be brand new. Rollers down the middle and the fold down things inside.

Yep.

Originally bought for of Amazon. Amazon had certain hubs that only wanted these trailers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Suppose you were hauling triples and had 1 T-dolly and 1 conventional—-how would you position them?
I did when they first came into the system. It was dolly #2 in a set of triples. It pulled just fine and my meet driver said it pulled fine the rest of the way. Did not have a chance to try them with double longs as my run is triples there, triples back.

Thank you for your response.

You have no need to have to know that....move along, you don’t need to know about the big boy equipment...besides very few states allow triples sets....move it along Dave...

Typical :censored2: response.

Brown Now

Originally bought for of Amazon. Amazon had certain hubs that only wanted these trailers.

Whoops. Don't know how that "of" got in there.

Should have said...

Originally bought for Amazon. Amazon had certain hubs that only wanted these trailers.

Don’t these take longer to load? Obviously you can get more volume in it, but they seem like a PITA.
I’ve had a hub blow out a flat floor that I was waiting on in 30 minutes flat. You’re not going to do that with
a drop frame.

Brown Now

I pull double longs, 40’,45’,48’. If that state allows triples, they allow double longs. These are known as LCVs ( Longer Combination Vehicle). These are allowed on the Indiana Toll Road and Ohio Turnpike. I know some states out west allow them as well. Our triples tractors have permit numbers on the drivers side of the hood. Other than that, they’re indistinguishable from the rest of the fleet.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Don’t these take longer to load? Obviously you can get more volume in it, but they seem like a PITA.
I’ve had a hub blow out a flat floor that I was waiting on in 30 minutes flat. You’re not going to do that with
a drop frame.

You don't need load stands though. Maybe safer?

Load the bottom, drop the flaps and load the top, all within arms reach.

Just heard we only bought them because of Amazon.