The new plan,pt do p1

McFeely

Huge Member
If they're handing off freight to Ground will they still need to be out that late? That's scary, and unproductive. If a lot of freight goes to Ground you might be looking at 5X7's.
I genuinely don’t think they know yet. They don’t know how much freight is going to Ground. They don’t know how many stops the mid-day drivers will get. They don’t know what boundaries any of us will have once this goes live.

Too many unknowns and too many unanswered questions at my station.

!Retired!

They mentioned that at my station a while back as well. Good to know the plan is "we know people will likely quit because of this and we're going to do it anyway".

Our mid-day people's schedules are supposed to be moved from a 0930 start time to 1300 when this starts. So a FT mid-day shift won't be done until 2100 or possibly later.
Maybe that's just your station. All our mid-days are FT
I genuinely don’t think they know yet. They don’t know how much freight is going to Ground. They don’t know how many stops the mid-day drivers will get. They don’t know what boundaries any of us will have once this goes live.

Our SM told us in a meeting last Fall that it's approximately 200,000 per day. On a station to station basis, hardly noticeable.

HedleyLamarr

I agree. I actually feel sorry for station management getting this bomb dropped in their laps, and they have to figure out how to make it work without pushing too many couriers to quit all at once.

Still not a peep from our station management. We don't get a plane from Indy, so maybe the inevitable will be delayed for a few months here.

McFeely

Huge Member
Maybe that's just your station. All our mid-days are FT
All of our middays are slated to be FT by the time this is implemented. Most of them already are.

:edit: yes I’m only speaking for my station. Our ramp and our distance from it make for a second sort pretty late in the day.

fatboy33

Our Sr announced this morn we will be going to the pt del p1 and ft del p2 and pups in mid March.Has anyones station started already, if so how is it working out so far? He also said some ft rtes would do p1 and p2 still
Yes. a PT will deliver the p1 on a rte, a FT will start later in the morning, doing p2 and PUPS, however, if the FT has too much p2, another PT will help with overflow P2 for the RTE. So where UPS has 1 Employee,1 Truck and 1 route. EX will have 3 employees and 3 trucks for 1 route.
Many of the old Timers who were considering retiring or going PT are looking forward to the new changes. These guys have already said, they'll wake up ready to work at their scheduled start time, not anytime earlier. 7 to 8 hours days, the younger guys are upset but what can they do? I guess more and more American companies are following the walmart hourly model. Knowing how flexible other deliver companies are, guys not getting enough hours could probably download the app and work a few hours with another company.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes. a PT will deliver the p1 on a rte, a FT will start later in the morning, doing p2 and PUPS, however, if the FT has too much p2, another PT will help with overflow P2 for the RTE. So where UPS has 1 Employee,1 Truck and 1 route. EX will have 3 employees and 3 trucks for 1 route.
Many of the old Timers who were considering retiring or going PT are looking forward to the new changes. These guys have already said, they'll wake up ready to work at their scheduled start time, not anytime earlier. 7 to 8 hours days, the younger guys are upset but what can they do? I guess more and more American companies are following the walmart hourly model. Knowing how flexible other deliver companies are, guys not getting enough hours could probably download the app and work a few hours with another company.
But Dano said this will eliminate one flight per day, more than offsetting the 3+3 expense. Common Core math at its finest.

NC man

Now word is our station will begin in April.Saying most of us FT will come in early like now and do p1 p2 that arrives but later flight will have more p2. So if true they will need drivers for p2 and of course there will be p2 for same area that us early guys took out.Doesnt make much sense right now.
Still two months away so will see what updates they give us.
Are other stations getting p1 only early? They are telling us we will get both early and more p2 on later flight.

McFeely

Huge Member
Now word is our station will begin in April.Saying most of us FT will come in early like now and do p1 p2 that arrives but later flight will have more p2. So if true they will need drivers for p2 and of course there will be p2 for same area that us early guys took out.Doesnt make much sense right now.
Still two months away so will see what updates they give us.
Are other stations getting p1 only early? They are telling us we will get both early and more p2 on later flight.

We are told that our first sort will have P1/P2 routes. Second sort will be P2 only and there is a strong possibility that those midday drivers will be in the exact area the morning drivers are, even possibly go to the same stop that the earlier driver may have already been to that day.
Can’t wait to see this goat rodeo in action.

NC man

We are told that our first sort will have P1/P2 routes. Second sort will be P2 only and there is a strong possibility that those midday drivers will be in the exact area the morning drivers are, even possibly go to the same stop that the earlier driver may have already been to that day.
Can’t wait to see this goat rodeo in action.
Cluster:censored2: for sure. Year 32, what happened to being efficient,lol

Nolimitz

We get a flight from MEM and one from OAK. Both are a mix P1/P2. Are we going to get 4 flights daily? doubt it but this is FedEx!

McFeely

Huge Member
Did everyone lose some express to ground

I’m still around 100 daily, so tough to tell. The number of stops I’ve heard we lost is pretty minimal, like only a couple stops per route.

I did have a residential delivery last week that had a 4Z package already delivered to the porch by the time I got there.

MassWineGuy

There was a conference call recently at our station about upcoming changes. I presume it was a district wide call. One manager I spoke with had doubts about how many deliveries the new 11 to 7 drivers could get off. And how our severe shortage of vehicles would play into the plan. Does anyone else see a cluster fk in the making?