The new plan,pt do p1

fatboy33

I’m still around 100 daily, so tough to tell. The number of stops I’ve heard we lost is pretty minimal, like only a couple stops per route.

I did have a residential delivery last week that had a 4Z package already delivered to the porch by the time I got there.
That's slowly being brought back. The question is, not their next move but their 3rd move

NC man

There was a conference call recently at our station about upcoming changes. I presume it was a district wide call. One manager I spoke with had doubts about how many deliveries the new 11 to 7 drivers could get off. And how our severe shortage of vehicles would play into the plan. Does anyone else see a cluster fk in the making?
Yep,we start in April .mgrs have been doing interviews.add bodies ,Trucks? instead of keep doing what we’re doing. But what do I know lol.

chris45

We still have all the rentals/ uhauls and penskes from peak and they keep hiring people, so now there is a truck shortage for mid day people even with all of these rentals...lmao

fatboy33

We still have all the rentals/ uhauls and penskes from peak and they keep hiring people, so now there is a truck shortage for mid day people even with all of these rentals...lmao
The management of trucks to rtes/drivers is nuts. The yard is always full yet drivers are waiting for other drivers to return to the station so that they may take over the truck. Thoughts on the company's direction are being discussed daily. One theory is they're hiring so many people in the event the station gets hit with a massive covid outbreak. These barely useful newbies are just on standby doing very little to be useful. Another thought is the company is, once and for all, eliminating all overtime. And lastly the company is hiring all these people to make ready, if the time comes when the founder is no longer with us, to sell the company over to Amazon. Time will tell us.

Gone fishin

The management of trucks to rtes/drivers is nuts. The yard is always full yet drivers are waiting for other drivers to return to the station so that they may take over the truck. Thoughts on the company's direction are being discussed daily. One theory is they're hiring so many people in the event the station gets hit with a massive covid outbreak. These barely useful newbies are just on standby doing very little to be useful. Another thought is the company is, once and for all, eliminating all overtime. And lastly the company is hiring all these people to make ready, if the time comes when the founder is no longer with us, to sell the company over to Amazon. Time will tell us.
It cost more in insurance and healthcare than a couple hours overtime.

whenIgetthere

Getting more OT now than I have ever gotten in my 22 years.

!Retired!

Same too,at least 9.5 a day.still doing just 30 min break.start at 6am on Monday’s, 10 hrs easy
I can only remember taking 1-1 hour break in the last 18 or so years. They tried the 1 hour thing with us. Took it that day. Next morning our DM came in and I asked, with all the managers present, 'Do we need to take an hour break?'. Told us No. I saw a couple of red faces in the back :)

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They could start by filling all the routes to eliminate doubles every day. Top people out to get back to quality drivers and fire the ones that can’t do the job.
Sadly, Fred and company quit caring about quality drivers long ago. Their mission now is to make a quick buck, get cheap help and hope that the customers won’t complain too much.