The new plan,pt do p1

whenIgetthere

So since some of you are not on Facebook, the latest OTHER news is that management has been telling people in some stations that Monday July 5th wil be an operational day despite the company schedule saying FedEx is closed. We haven’t been told anything about this at my station...:yet. It will be interesting to see how many people call out that day.
That would be interesting given our vacation bid is complete, and that shows as a holiday on the calendar posted. I was told T-S will be working the 6th though, so I took a vacaion day then.

MassWineGuy

If the master schedule has you down as off on the 5th, you can definitely sleep in.

Have I missed much this week? Has the lovely new system improved any? I don’t think I know one manager who likes it.

Lates

As a fairly new pt employee this is a mess. I work mornings but only get p1s I’ve been in a different area nearly everyday and have a few lates everyday. Feels like I’ve been set up for failure. Eventually I’ll get the areas down and I’m sure it will get better but I’m scheduled till 3 but am expected back by one at the late seat ideally right after 12 so pickup routes can go out.

Star B

White Lightening
As a fairly new pt employee this is a mess. I work mornings but only get p1s I’ve been in a different area nearly everyday and have a few lates everyday. Feels like I’ve been set up for failure. Eventually I’ll get the areas down and I’m sure it will get better but I’m scheduled till 3 but am expected back by one at the late seat ideally right after 12 so pickup routes can go out.
You are set up to fall, but remember you didn't set yourself up so don't worry about their problems.

Just stay safe and let the lates be late. As long as you're not fkin off they won't fire you.

fatboy33

30 minutes. They don't have anyone in the station to sort it. So it gets to the station and sits till people get back, managers don't know how to set up roads guns so everything comes to us with no labels. I'm really struggling with the purpose of this. By the time we get delivering again most places are closed so we code em up and bring em back. Make a long story short, I hate my job now. Thanks Fred.*
One huge problem I've seen in the past 2 or 3 years and that's there's no pecking order. It's amazing it takes someone to call sick or go out on vacation for anyone to realize there's no backup plan. So and so isn't here. Who splits the belt....who knows how to do the scanners?? "Why did you bring back so many code 8s??" " I was never trained on Joe's rte.". Things have changed. I remember floaters would do out with drivers......never happens now.

BoxDriver

The ground guy who delivers to my neighbor hood actually runs. Saw him again delivering a Chewy package to us on Easter Sunday, running from the truck to the house and back (wasn't a big package). He was gone before I could get to the door and ask him to take care of his knees.
That because they’re not payed by the hour. The faster they get done, the sooner they can go home with the same pay. Most only do this for a few years at most then move on, so they don’t worry about taking care of their knees and such. It kinda backfires on them in the long term though as the contractors see how early they can get done when they really want to, so they add more stops. That’s why they’re doing 200-300 stops some days now on the residential routes.

whenIgetthere

That because they’re not payed by the hour. The faster they get done, the sooner they can go home with the same pay. Most only do this for a few years at most then move on, so they don’t worry about taking care of their knees and such. It kinda backfires on them in the long term though as the contractors see how early they can get done when they really want to, so they add more stops. That’s why they’re doing 200-300 stops some days now on the residential routes.
I know that, but in the long run, it's gonna hurt them.

btrlov

UPS has more volume because Ground + Air is in the same network, where we split ours.
UPS does not do the three tier operation like we do. We do hub, ramp, station. UPS does four-tier -- Hub, Ramp, Center, remote center.
We do not contract out any of our hubs or hub workers. We contract out (on Ground) any form of pkg movement, whether it be pup, transit, or delivery. Even the local workers at the Ground facilities are FedEx ground employees.
ups has more volumer period. Fedex ground has volume because of the contrct model and lower rates. But UPS still would have more volume and when given fedex advantage in the government and labor environment. Fedex should be way ahead, its not
Remote centers are rare, Centers are often inside HUB buildings operating siude by side.
Ground is a contract model. doesnt matter the amount of ragtag employees that "handle packages" and "manage" inside hub . Its core business is contracting out routes to avoid labor cost

MAKAVELI

UPS has more volume because Ground + Air is in the same network, where we split ours.
UPS does not do the three tier operation like we do. We do hub, ramp, station. UPS does four-tier -- Hub, Ramp, Center, remote center.
We do not contract out any of our hubs or hub workers. We contract out (on Ground) any form of pkg movement, whether it be pup, transit, or delivery. Even the local workers at the Ground facilities are FedEx ground employees.
Even adding a 4th tier, the UPS model is far more efficient and profitable.

Stat41

Even adding a 4th tier, the UPS model is far more efficient and profitable.
Fedex has Ground, Home Delivery, Express AM, and Express Second Shift operatiing in the same areas at the same time with each delivery area overlapping itself. And either shuttling or rolling freight not attempted from the previous day. How in the world can UPS get any more efficient than that?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Fedex has Ground, Home Delivery, Express AM, and Express Second Shift operatiing in the same areas at the same time with each delivery area overlapping itself. And either shuttling or rolling freight not attempted from the previous day. How in the world can UPS get any more efficient than that?
Lol. You left out Express FO.

throwaway10

there hasn't been any FO vaccine in our neck of the woods. just because the senseawares are attached to them does not make them fo.
Should have been more clear Our FO drivers have been reassigned to Vaccine delivery, prior to vaccines being shipped FO drivers were used as shuttle and flex.

MassWineGuy

I worked a little over eight hours today. Officially I’m noon to six. I’m not full time and don’t wish to be. I get many pickups from my old route. So far, we’ve never started on road before 1.

fdxsux

We’re one of the stations that still only does one sort but out freight has been even later than usual since the start of the whole 2 sort deal. Freight was 3 hours late today, didn’t get on road until noon.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Does FedEx have the same team responsible for the purchase/integration of TNT in charge of this CF?

I certainly hope, like @59 Dano described, that whoever they are, they ‘step up to the plate’ and take responsibility for this fiasco.

dezguy

Does FedEx have the same team responsible for the purchase/integration of TNT in charge of this CF?

I certainly hope, like @59 Dano described, that whoever they are, they ‘step up to the plate’ and take responsibility for this fiasco.
Why would they take responsibility for this fiasco? We've seen time and time again, blame be placed on the couriers. Why take blame when you can just shift the blame?