The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

Nike

And the company post record profits year after year. Everything is going as planned.
Of course, but where does the money go brother?
It damn sure ain't coming to our building, everything is over 30 years old!
I'm saying they can't continue this hoarding mentality, at some point things are going to start to disintegrate. I see it all the time, this week alone I have seen water leaking into our building ruining packages, several trucks breaking down needing to be towed back, our belt breaking down needing outside help to be repaired, people quitting after putting in a week of work etc. At some point, things are going to change, and guys like fedex and amazon, and others will move in even more. If the post office was competently run, we would be in a lot more trouble.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
It’s over people, The lazy part timers everyone seems to be so concerned about did not vote. Time to move on , nothing is going to change now.

mikejonesjr

Any offer you vote on is the final offer.
Have you ever had anyone say to you "Vote on this. We have a final offer Tuesday, but we need you to vote on this one now"
Then why is freight going to renogotiate? Why why did Denis T initially say package was going back to the table as well?

SameRightsForAll

There is a loophole that can benefit US, the members, in the IBT's loophole itself.

"In such circumstances where less than 50 percent of the membership votes on a final contract offer, the International Constitution provides that “a two-thirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such final offer…” Failure to reject the offer by at least two-thirds vote of those voting “shall require the negotiating committee to accept such final offer OR such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.

You see, this has not been relayed to us to be a "Final" offer, therefore it cannot be a final offer unless stated, which it has not been stated (And if someone is saying it is, please provide references of such). Therefore there would have to be another offer (even if nothing much changes within it) that ups at that time states IS a final offer THEN we would need the 50% or 2/3rds in which I believe we would rally and get more votes to make the 50% which wasn't that far off to begin with (About another 5000 votes)

Secondly the "OR" is very important as well and should not be overlooked. So by the laws of the IBT's constitution negotiations can go on further from this point and does NOT have to be 'imposed'.

It's plain English Language that during a Final Contract Offer the 2/3rds rule would apply, NOT the first offer and first vote. If we let this illegal crap slide we are truly the most retarded group of people to ever walk around in brown uniforms, and the whole world was watching us. We need to hang our head down in shame.

iruhnman630

There may be a legal loophole regarding the technical language, but the 50/66 scenario is common knowledge for those who pay attention.

I'm not so sure Hoffa is obligated to ratify, but apparently he intends to.

PT Car Washer

Of course, but where does the money go brother?
It damn sure ain't coming to our building, everything is over 30 years old!
I'm saying they can't continue this hoarding mentality, at some point things are going to start to disintegrate. I see it all the time, this week alone I have seen water leaking into our building ruining packages, several trucks breaking down needing to be towed back, our belt breaking down needing outside help to be repaired, people quitting after putting in a week of work etc. At some point, things are going to change, and guys like fedex and amazon, and others will move in even more. If the post office was competently run, we would be in a lot more trouble.
The money is going into rich peoples pockets to make them richer. And when things get to the point where UPS starts to lose money they will negotiate a wage reduction with the Union. All in the name of saving good jobs.

Crosscutters

I still do not understand why anyone can defend pushing this through, even if they voted yes, when the majority said no? Someone not voting doesn’t mean yes.

There’s a few things I wish I had more info on and our local has not helped in some ways either. the contract doesn’t destroy me as far as I know, I just find it awful that for the money I pay every month I cannot get answers to basic questions and now have to watch a contract get passed without actually having the votes to be passed.

Over disciplined0123

TO ALL TEAMSTER MEMBERS. Since less then 50 percent of teamster employees voted in the teamster president election HOFFA will you please step down. Let’s atart the petitions going to get the ball rolling here guys This is the worst decision and I will hope the final decision HOFFA and this leadership have made. Guaranteed last term for him in office. But let’s make that sooner We pay thier salaries for them to represent our best interests. Not UPS. Millions of dollars a year are being deducted yearly from our pay that get deposited into International Brotherhood of Teamsters bank account from us. Jesus hear our voice omg

quamba 638

It’s over people, The lazy part timers everyone seems to be so concerned about did not vote. Time to move on , nothing is going to change now.

Most of the part timers I know that worked over a year did vote. You need to realize if 65% of UPS is PT and 50% of the part time employees have worked at UPS UNDER two years and are going to school and UPS. They could care less about unions or the company. They’re getting tuition paid for and some cash on the side, that’s all they care about. So why is it required to have 50% vote? Thank seems unrealistic under our employment circumstances.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
They need some 22.4 shareholders. Let's see if they like getting less.

Its more than what they’ve been getting. Especially the ones who have barely got a knotch in there belt. As long as they’re driving, that’s all that matters. Ive got at least five of those guys in my building.

babboo25

Banned
TO ALL TEAMSTER MEMBERS. Since less then 50 percent of teamster employees voted in the teamster president election HOFFA will you please step down. Let’s atart the petitions going to get the ball rolling here guys This is the worst decision and I will hope the final decision HOFFA and this leadership have made. Guaranteed last term for him in office. But let’s make that sooner We pay thier salaries for them to represent our best interests. Not UPS. Millions of dollars a year are being deducted yearly from our pay that get deposited into International Brotherhood of Teamsters bank account from us. Jesus hear our voice omg
I’m not a Hoffa fan but it’s not his fault 44% voted.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Most of the part timers I know that worked over a year did vote. You need to realize if 65% of UPS is PT and 50% of the part time employees have worked at UPS UNDER two years and are going to school and UPS. They could care less about unions or the company. They’re getting tuition paid for and some cash on the side, that’s all they care about. So why is it required to have 50% vote? Thank seems unrealistic under our employment circumstances.

The ones who didn’t vote need to be deemed ineligible.