Union Leadership- Huge Nads!

Box Ox

"Any lesser conditions contained in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum shall be superseded by the conditions contained in this Master Agreement. However, except where specifically stated otherwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior benefit contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Tons of this exact language in many sections of the National Master:

"This paragraph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum which addresses this subject."

Which would be "specifically stating otherwise" that local riders and supplements don't apply.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Tons of this exact language in many sections of the National Master:

"This paragraph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum which addresses this subject."

Which would be "specifically stating otherwise" that local riders and supplements don't apply.

OMG.

I should be getting paid by the "letter" by BrownCafe.

Box Ox

OMG.

I should be getting paid by the "letter" by BrownCafe.

Might not be a bad idea. Parsing the meaning of specific language is crucial to properly negotiating a Contract with a Company that will absolutely, positively be determined to take advantage of any and all loopholes the Union allows to make it in.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey,

You're a moderator.

Find a post of mine where I have offered an opinion, either way.

Offering insight on the new language.... is not an endorsement.

-Bug-
So, do you endorse it? Do you believe this is a good contract worthy of being ratified?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Might not be a bad idea. Parsing the meaning of specific language is crucial to properly negotiating a Contract with a Company that will absolutely, positively be determined to take advantage of any and all loopholes the Union allows to make it in.

Dude....

Until 45 minutes ago, you didn't even know what Article 2 in the NMUPSA said.

Just keeping it real.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I really wish we could have got you a 1.25 average a year in this contract not including the huge pension plus health and welfare increases, as well as 15 an hour for new hires and a 3 dollar additional catch up raise for all part timers and double time after 9.5 hours. Sorry we couldn't get you this.
From the cheap seats "you" didn't get us jack! The "huge increases were the same as the last contract. A dollar, one whole dollar!!

Every package car driver is red circled. So this means the company cant go below the number that is in place as of August 1st. The 22.4 will be additional. I wonder how many of you that are out there that don't comprehend this.

You lie with the best of them! We have been over this 20 times in different threads you just keep doubling down with the fake information!

Unless you are saying the company will have the same number of drivers as the RPCDs are replaced by the same number of 22.4's? That I agree with you on!

Box Ox

Dude....

Until 45 minutes ago, you didn't even know what Article 2 in the NMUPSA said.

Just keeping it real.

Why's that relevant? Just doesn't take me nearly as long to read and interpret written materials. Doesn't take away from my being correct in my posts.

From the cheap seats "you" didn't get us jack! The "huge increases were the same as the last contract. A dollar, one whole dollar!!

You lie with the best of them! We have been over this 20 times in different threads you just keep doubling down with the fake information!

Unless you are saying the company will have the same number of drivers as the RPCDs are replaced by the same number of 22.4's? That I agree with you on!
Can only try to shovel the same bull:censored2: so many times.

Whaaaaaa

I think you guys are reading the language wrongly. They use the total number of RPCDs in the building to get the 25% for combo drivers. They use the total number of m-friend RPCDs to make them protected; that is because there are RPCDs that work t-s and they aren’t protected but will be moved over to m-friend over the course of 18 months.
So, even though you may be laid off or your route gets cut on mondays, you are still considered a m-friend driver.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Thats exactly what i plan on doing.
37129480_10209317346450314_2436722061566017536_o.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I really wish we could have got you a 1.25 average a year in this contract not including the huge pension plus health and welfare increases, as well as 15 an hour for new hires and a 3 dollar additional catch up raise for all part timers and double time after 9.5 hours. Sorry we couldn't get you this.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I think you guys are reading the language wrongly. They use the total number of RPCDs in the building to get the 25% for combo drivers. They use the total number of m-friend RPCDs to make them protected; that is because there are RPCDs that work t-s and they aren’t protected but will be moved over to m-friend over the course of 18 months.
So, even though you may be laid off or your route gets cut on mondays, you are still considered a m-friend driver.

Nice try TonyQ or Fitbit app. It is right there in black and white. If they meant it otherwise it would be stated otherwise!

Stop making new BC id's and lying to us!