UPS Freight situation could have been us.

LagunaBrown

The company is implementing work slow downs this week and possible strike looming when members were slated to get gains on the contract. People might not come back to a job due to loss of volume as well. I always said a no vote could make our contract in package better or worse but there is alaways a risk involved. The whole idea of turning down a first offer on a contract like a car is bad advice. TDU had people fired up to vote no long before negotiations even started. Keep a close eye on the UPS Freight contract and see how UPS makes their moves. If it does go to a strike I hope all you vote no lawyers in package will be on the line with our brothers and sisters in freight! I know I will.

Last edited:

babboo25

Banned
Work slow downs and possible strike looming when they were slated to get gains on the contract. I always said a no vote could make our contract in package better or worse but there is alaways a risk involved. The whole idea of turning down a first offer on a contract like a car is bad advice. TDU had people fired up to vote no long before negotiations even started. Keep a close eye on the UPS Freight contract and see how UPS makes their moves. If it does go to a strike I hope all you vote no lawyers in package will be on the line with our brothers and sisters in freight! I know I will.
No I’ll be working, sorry freight.

Future

Victory Ride
The company is implementing work slow downs this week and possible strike looming when members were slated to get gains on the contract. People might not come back to a job due to loss of volume as well. I always said a no vote could make our contract in package better or worse but there is alaways a risk involved. The whole idea of turning down a first offer on a contract like a car is bad advice. TDU had people fired up to vote no long before negotiations even started. Keep a close eye on the UPS Freight contract and see how UPS makes their moves. If it does go to a strike I hope all you vote no lawyers in package will be on the line with our brothers and sisters in freight! I know I will.
Lmao “Gains” ???

Box Ox

The company is implementing work slow downs this week and possible strike looming when members were slated to get gains on the contract. People might not come back to a job due to loss of volume as well. I always said a no vote could make our contract in package better or worse but there is alaways a risk involved. The whole idea of turning down a first offer on a contract like a car is bad advice. TDU had people fired up to vote no long before negotiations even started. Keep a close eye on the UPS Freight contract and see how UPS makes their moves.

I don’t know much about Freight, but they do operate at a vastly different scale than Package (11K-ish drivers?) and are lightest on volume during the holiday season when workplaces are busy with Christmas parties, no?

I’m of the impression that given the above, comparing what could happen and when if a Freight strike occurred can’t really be extrapolated to what would happen in Package.

Could be wrong. Educate an imbecile!

Skooney

The situation in freight was NEVER going to be package, ever. You're borderline delusional if you think that. They couldn't even scare people into a yes vote with the bull:censored2: instant strike, downsize and job loss rhetoric.

Go away.

Last edited:

Time for change

Apples and Oranges.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
5F393041-46DB-4F61-850E-CEDF7BBF1727.jpeg

LagunaBrown

Look at all of you rolling out of the TDU clown car. Seriously you guys didn’t know jack during our contract and now you are trying to tell Freight guys how to vote. Completely laughable! You guys are the reason nobody should listen to social media when deciding on a contract. You don’t give a :censored2: about our UPS Freight brothers and sisters or their families. Your just a bunch of vote no parrots without a brain in the bunch.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

The situation in freight was NEVER going to be package, ever. You're borderline delusional if you think that. They couldn't even scare people into a yes vote with the bull:censored2: instant strike, downsize and job loss rhetoric.

Go away.
Never? Glad to see you have everything all figured out. Tell me have you ever been a steward, Business Agent or voted in for anything by your Teamster brothers or are you just an internet know it all?

F

Frankie's Friend

Look at all of you rolling out of the TDU clown car. Seriously you guys didn’t know jack during our contract and now you are trying to tell Freight guys how to vote. Completely laughable! You guys are the reason nobody should listen to social media when deciding on a contract. You don’t give a :censored2: about our UPS Freight brothers and sisters or their families. Your just a bunch of vote no parrots without a brain in the bunch.
It's better to be in the clown car than floatjng in the BS boat in the Lagoon.
tumblr_muzjbfGNVm1slbjseo1_400.gif

Skooney

Never? Glad to see you have everything all figured out. Tell me have you ever been a steward, Business Agent or voted in for anything by your Teamster brothers or are you just an internet know it all?

About 50,000 people had it figured out by voting no, despite your bull:censored2: d-day rhetoric if they did. Anyone who thought package was ever headed this way needs to pull their head out of their ass. Package profits are climbing. The company just invested more than $10 billion into new aircraft. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows what happened, is exactly what was always going to happen. Stop pretending like there was a chance it was ever going to be anything else.

I was on the picket line in 97, don't patronize me.

Last edited:

Skooney

We both know I filed more grievances than you ever will. You throw around that scab term and don’t even use it in the right context. You can call me a lot of things but calling me a scab shows your stupidity.

You mean you did your job and filed grievances? Does that make you some noble human being or something? You also did your job and spewed the bull:censored2: your union boss told you to without using your brain, and listening to your members..

That pretty much makes you one of his many personal puppets.. Gold star for you. I think you've found your calling, now get off your knees.

Last edited: