What is the stupidest thing that you seen a fellow employee do.. or heard that they did

542thruNthru

Do you have any clue how Telematics works?

In order for it to be activated the package car in question has to be linked to a DIAD.

I could go in this morning, take any package car not in the lineup, do donuts in the parking lot and no one would be the wiser.

Well I wasn't there for when he was caught. I was told by the twilight management his boss that car wash was parking the Trucks to have them set up for Monday. He had taken a Mall truck that they were looking for. They saw it was parked in an area none of our 4 centers cover. That's what started the cause for alarm.

So yes I know how it works. It seems you do not.

Rack em

Made the Podium
One time an air/utility driver was on a junk route because we were really short handed. I was sent to go help him when I was done with my route because he was way behind. When 16:10 came his board put all the "16:30" commits to the top of his diad when it says "commit times need to be delivered soon" even though the 16:30's aren't actual commit times. So he broke off and delivered every single 16:30 package and then got back on trace.

ChrisTheBrown

Guy once told me that like 20 or so years ago, he had sex in a package car...Back when they "could get away with doing stuff like that." Absolutely shameful.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Do you have any clue how Telematics works?

In order for it to be activated the package car in question has to be linked to a DIAD.

I could go in this morning, take any package car not in the lineup, do donuts in the parking lot and no one would be the wiser.
Not true. It works all the time, provided it is working as it's supposed to.:-)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One time an air/utility driver was on a junk route because we were really short handed. I was sent to go help him when I was done with my route because he was way behind. When 16:10 came his board put all the "16:30" commits to the top of his diad when it says "commit times need to be delivered soon" even though the 16:30's aren't actual commit times. So he broke off and delivered every single 16:30 package and then got back on trace.

Did you show him how to designate the stops as either commercial or residential so that this wouldn't happen again?

brown67

Had a 10 year driver steal some scratch off lottery tickets, then try to redeem them at the store where they were originally going to lmao

When Colorado lottery started shipping with us we had a big PCM. "Don't think about steal these, because they are worthless until the store activates them."

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Had a driver shut off the PC in motion at a flag pickup stop, keep coasting then reach and grab diad and stop complete the pickup on days they weren't shipping, then restart the PC. All just to avoid showing up as sheeting in motion.

A couple of days later, the center mgr prints out an overhead map showing the exact location where the driver had been doing this. He could even tell how fast he was rolling while the PC was turned off.

The drivers jaw dropped open like he was watching David Blaine levitate. It was awesome.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Had a driver that had a drinking problem decide to have a couple before he came to work. He managed to fly under the radar at first. Then he decided he'd try to get some time off by saying he hurt his arm by pulling his handcart over a stack of tires.

Mgmt asked him to return to the bldg, where they ask him to demonstrate how he got hurt, then they notice the booze breath.

They question him with a steward, take him to get a blood test and amazingly, he's just barely under the legal DOT limit.

They send his blood sample off for further testing, then discover he tested positive for drugs. I heard he's a cook somewhere now. He was about a 10 year employee.