Would you take concessions?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Outside consultants recommended Scott Davis' 75% pay raise? Wow. Wish I had that kind of objective commentary on my job performance!:happy-very:

It had nothing to do with Scott Davis. The UPS CEO is one of the lowest paid CEOs in the top 1000 largest companies and much of that is in stock options that aren't worth much if the price of a share of UPS stock does not go up.

bigblu 2 you

It had nothing to do with Scott Davis. The UPS CEO is one of the lowest paid CEOs in the top 1000 largest companies and much of that is in stock options that aren't worth much if the price of a share of UPS stock does not go up.
wow,i wasnt aware of that.i guess i will take concessions and send scott a care package.

fr8dog

Sorry that argument doesn't work anymore. So he's the lowest paid crook in charge of a large company? See what he made when he started as our ceo and what he's making now. It's outrageous. Don't care who keeps giving him his raise. Probably his golfing buddies.

mamirk69

Davis receives Stock Appreciation Rights better known as SARS in the accounting community meaning Scott does not pay a dime for any of those stocks Scott receives compared to stock options that are stock bought at a discounted price. The amount of money Scott receives does not off set his taxes on any stock redeemed because Scott never purchased the stock on already taxed dollars. For example I pay $40 dollars for stock and it rises to $60 well I only pay taxes on the $20 difference because the notion is the 40 dollars was probably taxed before purchase from my payroll check. So Scott is heavily compensated with stock and that in turns motivate Scott to get the most out of us UPSers at a low cost thus working us into the ground with limited resources in order to increase the bottom line and of course drive stock prices up so he can make even more money.

JonFrum

Returning to "Would You Take Concessions . . ."

First, a list of all existing Contract Concessions should be made; with an asterisk next to any that were subsequently abused by UPS.

Next a list of all Concessions that were made during Contract negotiations that kept language out of the Contract. Such concessions can easily be overlooked, or not even known in the first place, since they are not in the printed Contract.

Then any suggested future concessions would be proposed as follows:

"In addition to these 100 Contract Concessions that we've already made to help the struggling UPS, do you now favor making Concession #101, Concession #102, Concession #103 . . . etc.???"

UPSGUY72

Just for discussion would you take concessions come next contract? Wouldn't it be nice to have life back before the recession? I don't think UPS will change but if we gave a little would they, or at least honor the 9.5 language? The last time the economy dumped (and it wasn't nearly as bad now) back in the late 70's, we agreed to a contract of no raises but bonuses. Full timers got $1000 a year and part timers $500. Seeing this recession is worse with the outlook not looking good for a while, I'm thinking they wouldn't even offer bonuses. I don't see how UPS could be anymore efficient or get anymore out of the drivers. I don't see UPS staying in competition with FedEx if they keep raising price every January. So want would you give up? Would you give up a week of vacation? Would you pay say a monthly premium to give your benefits going? Would you give up a dollar an hour wage? Would you agree to a two tier wage scale for new employees? I'm not saying any of this may happen but wondering what others think. I do think the contracts talks will be brutal. Is anybody ready to strike?

K Kampy

Hell NO.

You need to get your head examined.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your concession idea was to stop paying for part-time ins. I say that is the path to no more full-time jobs. They will use more casuals to cover routes that should have been made full time long ago. They are doing it now. Just worrying about the current full time jobs is selfish. If the guys and gals before us had only worried about themselves, we would not have had ins when we were part-time. We have to be the ones looking out for the next generation of UPS Teamsters, as no one else is.

Is this thread about what we WANT or what IS ReALITY? Maybe that is where we differed. N/P

That is a logical and reasonable way to frame the desire to keep hours at 9.5 or 9 hours a day.
Don't make it a grievance procedure ... just make it part of the contractual pay per hour.
Feeder drivers working 4-10s would need something like an 11 hour per day trigger point.
This makes sense and then UPS management would mange to that.
Now the question is, what would you be willing to exchange for that?
Reduced pay per hour? Pay for part of your benefits package?

Neither. Management will get the planned day under nine so that no ones gets triple pay outside of extreme circumstances. If we were to give up pay or bennys for that it would be for nothing, there be it a concession.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Is this thread about what we WANT or what IS ReALITY? Maybe that is where we differed. N/P
Reality is we pay for our ins through the abuse our bodies take. Like me being out to this day. Reality is the p/ters will lose their ins. Reality is UPS will use that to stop creating full time jobs.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
First, please tell me what a lier is. :funny:

A lier is an textual expression of an angry liar. Thus, the ERRR sound justified through keystroke expressed spelling of Lier. LoL.

Trying to dig out of a miss spelling is creatively exhausting but can be done. 2 Funny.:peaceful:

bluehdmc

Maybe that's the real problem with this country, CEOs making multimillion dollar salaries (stock options or not) and then trying to cut the wages and benefit packages of the working person.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Maybe that's the real problem with this country, CEOs making multimillion dollar salaries (stock options or not) and then trying to cut the wages and benefit packages of the working person.

Don't think it is "the real" problem ... it could be a small problem in the overall inability of the USA to compete in the Global economy.
The devaluation of the dollar has helped lately to bring jobs back into the USA.
The good thing for UPS Union workers is that the delivery and pickup service jobs cannot be outsourced overseas. The issue is that the competition is non-Union and UPS is at a competitive disadvantage. As volume erodes to FedEx Ground and their stop density increases, UPS will be squeezed even more. Tough times ahead.

jalnar

I thought no ties are allowed. You are a company person or never drove for a living.Since you think that we are overpaid I will take all of your raises and you can keep working 10 hours a day