Would you take concessions?

fairday

No concessions, only additions ,we cant work any harder or longer. They need to look at there saturated management payroll. No one is happy, management on down................if they want everyone to work like this, compensate us, fair days work for a fair days pay. We are behind the eight ball before we even clock in............

1080Driver

[h=1]UPS CEO Scott Davis was paid $9.5 million last year, a 73 percent jump from 2009.......and never got his hands dirty[/h]

washington57

Yeah, some stupid amount that every other employee in the nation has to pay.....reality !!

so because a bunch of other people have a :censored2: deal that means UPSers need to have a bad deal too? why are you so interested in this race to the bottom and also, have you ever worked moreluck?

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Worked all my adult life (1965 until 2000)......CWA chief steward.......but the fact is day by day everybody is paying some towards their medical benefits. The days of FREE medical coverage are coming to an end. That's reality and has nothing to do with what I feel about it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Worked all my adult life (1965 until 2000)......CWA chief steward.......but the fact is day by day everybody is paying some towards their medical benefits. The days of FREE medical coverage are coming to an end. That's reality and has nothing to do with what I feel about it.
Nothing free about our compensation package. Thats why it's considered compensation. I'm not saying it stay in our package indefinitely, but I'll never say it's "free".

bellesmom

Nothing free about our compensation package. Thats why it's considered compensation. I'm not saying it stay in our package indefinitely, but I'll never say it's "free".

If you are in the Central States health plan there is nothing "free" about it! Deductibles have doubled, out of pocket increase, basic shots are considered "major medical" and not covered, pay 20% on all tests...it's a back door premiums.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I really don't think that we should give anything back especially in the benefit package. It was clear from the IBT leadership and the contract we recieved that the benefits were first and formost and wage increases second.Give backs are a slippery slope that never stops. UPS has made enourmous profits on its workers backs ,the majority is the rank and file. They should provide a fully paid comprehensive benefits package as in contracts past.Their money is made on drivers stops per day and the loaders and unloaders packages per hour,not the cofee,tea and danish served in the board room.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'll take a concession if the company no longer "loses" an account to Fedex. We were always higher cost and better service. We are still higher cost but our obsession with technology has killed the service. When is the payoff for all this alleged efficiency?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
so because a bunch of other people have a :censored2: deal that means UPSers need to have a bad deal too? why are you so interested in this race to the bottom and also, have you ever worked moreluck?

This is the kind of backwards thinking that retired people say. They got "theirs" so time to take from everyone else. They just dont get it.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our medical plan is COMPENSATION, its not a gift. Moreluck would rather have the taxpayers provide congressmen and senators with lifetime benefits at ZERO COST for their entire family, but wants the rest of americans to have TO PAY for theirs.

UPS'ers work hard , long hours. Merely getting a paycheck does not compensate for missing family, getting home after everyone in the home is asleep, working in weather, breathing toxic fumes all day (gas or diesel) , yes we do make good money (and we should) but we are the ones sacrificing for this company and deserve to be compensated for our efforts that keep this company what it is.

Without us, this company fails.

It takes a special kind of person to do this job, make a committment to stick it out daily and put up with all the crap the company sends down the line. Technology at UPS has been the grim reaper for service.

I wanna puke every time that pencil head from Region comes down and gives us the "WE ONLY SELL SERVICE" speech.

Technology has slowed the process down, created more errors than before, extended the business day and has angered more customers than ever before.

I personally dont give a hoot about other "people" paying for their insurance. They should be paying attention to us. They should want to be like us and not the other way around.

Some people would sell out every american worker for political rhetoric because thats what their told to believe.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You needn't start your fairy tales with a sentence about what you think I believe or want. Just say your own stuff and don't presume to know what I want to say. Leave me out of your fractured fairy tales !!

Pees

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
You needn't start your fairy tales with a sentence about what you think I believe or want. Just say your own stuff and don't presume to know what I want to say. Leave me out of your fractured fairy tales !!

Pees

You Go Lady !!! But no give backs ! None !

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
This year we actually do get the day after Christmas, which was bargained away for an extra floater. The co always cuts routes down to around 50-75% that day and lots of businesses are closed that day. I vote for Dec 26th!