Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
To be honest I don't think any of them have even talk to their ba. I can't imagine one local wanting to open themselves up to such an easy lawsuit over such a little grievance.

But I've been wrong before. I thought @Future was a woman and couldn't understand why she kept the buffing my advances. ;)
I agree, I’m betting they are just hoping it goes away.

Heavy Package

Way to go Teamster unity!!! WOO HOO!!

%D0%BE%D0%B1%D0%B5%D0%B730.jpg

clean hairy

It is sad.
Used to be difficult to get on at UPS, and everyone named their first as being at a burger place.
Now, it seems many are naming UPS as their first job, instead of flipping burgers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Im confused. You're short staffed and were working 3-4 more hours a week. Now you get paid more and are working less even though you are short staffed. How is that possible? Are supes working?
This: We tend to file supervisors working within our own work area but there are so many people with less than 70 days from the seasonal period that supervisors tend to mozy in among their work areas rather than ours.

PT Car Washer

Crazy how much it's changed in the last 10-15 years.
What is crazy is the workload they put on all the new PTers. All for minimum wages and no benefits. When I started I made $.50/hr less then a top rate driver after 90 days with full benefits and never worked half as hard as the new hires on their first day. The change has been going on for the last 35 years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What is crazy is the workload they put on all the new PTers. All for minimum wages and no benefits. When I started I made $.50/hr less then a top rate driver after 90 days with full benefits and never worked half as hard as the new hires on their first day. The change has been going on for the last 35 years.
I'm talking about the ease that one gets hired.

Also depends where you live. I had tried to get on for a few years after high school. Had to be an active student before they'd even look at your application. Moved to a college town and was hired in 2 weeks. Go figure.

PT Car Washer

Also depends where you live. I had tried to get on for a few years after high school. Had to be an active student before they'd even look at your application. Moved to a college town and was hired in 2 weeks. Go figure.
This past Peak we were hiring people out of the homeless shelters. I remember years ago UPS had a van that would drive around and pick up employees for the midnight sort. UPS finally made over half the midnight/preload sorts Art 22.3 employees just to staff those sorts.

542thruNthru

I got hired first time. The guy doing the interviews looked at me straight in the eyes and said "boy you're going to do great things at this company. I can tell." Hired me on the spot. To this day he regrets it every time he sees me. ;)