1993 contract

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1993 was Ron Carey's first national contract

Yep.

The 1993 contract was a 4 year agreement.

Yep.

Before that they were generally three-year contracts, correct?

Yep.

You are correct.

1993 was 4 years
1997 was 5 years
2002 was till 2008 but they agreed to a deal in December 2007 to go until August 2013.

Yep.

I'm pretty sure that's how it was

Ask @BigUnionGuy

:biggrin:

Looking at the contract books right now.... going back to March 1968.

Wasn't there a 4 year contract in the 80's? They did used to all be 3 years though

Close but no cigar
82-85 - Three years
85-88- Three Years

There was the 82-85 contract and for some reason, there was an extension until 1987.

I can't remember why. There were improvements in both the Master and the Central for those 2 years.

Trailer monkey

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

Yep.

:biggrin:

Looking at the contract books right now.... going back to March 1968.

There was the 82-85 contract and for some reason, there was an extension until 1987.

I can't remember why. There were improvements in both the Master and the Central for those 2 years.
It was extended because the IBT under Jackie Presser was in total disarray at the time

anonymous23456

I think contract should be 4 years and coincides with Presidential Election. And do it on November 3rd on election day.

So the Democrats should either focus on job or dumb president election.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If there are old decrepits that remember the 93 contract, I think the upcoming contract negotiations may play out the same way. 1993 was Ron Carey's first national contract, if you remember, there was a lot of anticipation and hype about major contract changes, along with a lot of talk about a strike to achieve them, as you know, while the contract had some concrete improvements, it fell well short of expectations. I'm afraid with O'Brien's first, the same thing may happen. Just a theory, hope I'm wrong
Tough Guy Sean sold out the railroad union so you may be right.

Trucker Clock

The 1982 contract is when the Teamsters agreed to a 2 tier part time wage scale. All the "red circled" part timers still here are pre 1982.

We actually voted on the 1985 contract, but we heard nothing about the negotiations and just received ballots in the mail. But I remember the courts stepping in over some shady shenanigans by Presser, worried about a mutiny over the 1982 concessions, and voiding our votes, I think it happened in 1987, voiding the 1985 vote.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The 1982 contract is when the Teamsters agreed to a 2 tier part time wage scale. All the "red circled" part timers still here are pre 1982.

Yep.

I was red circled pre-82. Thats why I never had to go through FT progression. Top rate, 1st day in pkg.

We actually voted on the 1985 contract, but we heard nothing about the negotiations and just received ballots in the mail. But I remember the courts stepping in over some shady shenanigans by Presser, worried about a mutiny over the 1982 concessions, and voiding our votes, I think it happened in 1987, voiding the 1985 vote.

I just can't remember the details....