1993 contract

The Milkman

Still Alive and kicking
20230215_121001.jpg

bowhnterdon

Correct. If I remember correctly, it was the first time a signing Bonus was offered. I think it was 500 for PT, 1k for FT, payable sometime in September 1985

Brownwind

Turns 74 Saturday, geesh my old Lady is really an old lady :fightings: and she's always right!! LOL doing ok with her neuropathy taking it slow when she walks. The joys of growing old, 71st trip around the sun for me in May. Oh well it's been a good ride. :imok:
This is my first response to your post. Thank you for joining us on the BC. We respect your opinion and more than a few of us agree with you on the thought that the mrs is always right.
I was taught early. “Would you rather be right or happy?” Congrats on your long run.

Thebrownblob

$350 take home. Small price to pay to eventually have a minimum wage Union work force.
Minimum wage? The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour. Part time also get full benefits after nine months, vacations, holidays, college reimbursement, and a pension if stick around long as you. Now having said that, they certainly need to raise the rates to attract better people and they will, they’re already making $21 an hour where I am.

rod

Retired 22 years
If there are old decrepits that remember the 93 contract, I think the upcoming contract negotiations may play out the same way. 1993 was Ron Carey's first national contract, if you remember, there was a lot of anticipation and hype about major contract changes, along with a lot of talk about a strike to achieve them, as you know, while the contract had some concrete improvements, it fell well short of expectations. I'm afraid with O'Brien's first, the same thing may happen. Just a theory, hope I'm wrong
B2848A04-1378-4D78-A038-E400D045CCF2.jpeg

PT Car Washer

Minimum wage? The federal minimum wage for covered nonexempt employees is $7.25 per hour. Part time also get full benefits after nine months, vacations, holidays, college reimbursement, and a pension if stick around long as you. Now having said that, they certainly need to raise the rates to attract better people and they will, they’re already making $21 an hour where I am.
Federal contractor minimum wage is $15/hr. UPS is a Federal contractor. Look it up.