gatorkev85

So I spoke with the supervisor who will conducting the class. He said the 10 point commentary does not need to be word for word except for each point, he said as long as they feel you explained each one properly he would still pass us. They just want to make sure that you understand each one. He said they are mostly looking for drivers who are going to safe on the roads

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Your right ,yes the dot wants specifics, ups just wants you to turn on key pump down to 60-90 and here buzzer and see it pop !
Hopefully if you’re in feeders , like us, the driver should know that !

Indecisi0n

So I spoke with the supervisor who will conducting the class. He said the 10 point commentary does not need to be word for word except for each point, he said as long as they feel you explained each one properly he would still pass us. They just want to make sure that you understand each one. He said they are mostly looking for drivers who are going to safe on the roads
Pop quiz hot shot, give me #5. What is it? How do you do it? What does it do for you? What's the key phrase?!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Your right ,yes the dot wants specifics, ups just wants you to turn on key pump down to 60-90 and here buzzer and see it pop !
Hopefully if you’re in feeders , like us, the driver should know that !
They also want you to slowly Accelerate with the tractor brake on to see if the tractor stays.. then push your air in and check the actual break petal at a slight acceleration... at least here

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks I appreciate it. How tough is the class I've heard it' not all that bad from people and I've also heard it's pretty hard. What all does does the ups class intel? Will we even get in a truck? Or is it basically just learning the pre trip?

Take a drive to your nearest truck stop and take a look around at the clientele

Not many Rocket Surgeons at the ones I’ve been thru

How hard can it be to get a CDL

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have they started to use those retractable dollies again??? The few that I’ve seen have been red tagged, then I saw a couple in service being used and now 6 months later nothing again.... are they being run in other parts of the country???

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Have they started to use those retractable dollies again??? The few that I’ve seen have been red tagged, then I saw a couple in service being used and now 6 months later nothing again.... are they being run in other parts of the country???
I have used them several times , kinda freaked me out too !
We have a hub here in mass that has over a hundred regular dollies stock piled , yet they buy these to save money , meanwhile the shops can’t stock parts for tractors
Or package cars because it’s not cost efficient!
Love this place , they just bought new trash barrels brown with shield on them and next month the sprinklers will be on all nite during a rain storm !!