Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have used them several times , kinda freaked me out too !
We have a hub here in mass that has over a hundred regular dollies stock piled , yet they buy these to save money , meanwhile the shops can’t stock parts for tractors
Or package cars because it’s not cost efficient!
Love this place , they just bought new trash barrels brown with shield on them and next month the sprinklers will be on all nite during a rain storm !!
So if you had to turn a set to avoid something and hit the breaks would the dolly have enough time to extend so you wouldn’t pinch your set together??

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Idk but to close for comfort
I remember when we had the short containers , if you jacked em to hard They could bang up

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So if you had to turn a set to avoid something and hit the breaks would the dolly have enough time to extend so you wouldn’t pinch your set together??

If you had to turn a set and brake that hard going more than 45 mph, to avoid something, pinching the set will be the least of your worries.

The back box will already be in the processes of flipping before they came anywhere close to pinching together.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Have they started to use those retractable dollies again??? The few that I’ve seen have been red tagged, then I saw a couple in service being used and now 6 months later nothing again.... are they being run in other parts of the country???

We still have them in use but I don't think they are buying any new ones. I've seen lots of new regular dollies coming through lately, the ones with the bracket mounted for the hoses just like the retractable ones.

I was told almost all the issues with the retractable dollies was due to them being pulled without air being supplied to them. The mechanic said anything over 45 without air messes up the computer on them.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We still have them in use but I don't think they are buying any new ones. I've seen lots of new regular dollies coming through lately, the ones with the bracket mounted for the hoses just like the retractable ones.

I was told almost all the issues with the retractable dollies was due to them being pulled without air being supplied to them. The mechanic said anything over 45 without air messes up the computer on them.
Was told the same thing, most of the error codes are being generated by guys bobtailing with a dolly or pulling one on the back of a single pup.

35years

Gravy route
Reading the stories on here has changed my mind about going into feeders.

This last peak was totally draining in package working 13.5 to 14 hours for 6 weeks strait. I was ready to make the switch to feeders. We dovetail seniority and I would likely be able to work days at this point. I was not going to switch until I would not have to bounce shifts or work nights.

I have seen many marginal (at best) package drivers who made the switch.
I have heard all the comments about how much easier feeders is. But I definitely have the easiest route out of hundreds in my area. My hours are completely under control using the 9.5 list, except for 6 weeks of peak. It has been a decade since they have even attempted to harass me for production. Could not care less about their warning letters for other piddly stuff.

The thought of pulling all that weight while struggling to stay awake is not something I want to experience. I don't do the kind of miles feeders does but after decades of 200 mile days in package, I have seen driving situations that will scare the crap out of you, no matter how careful you are.

Guess I will finish it out in the brown box or sweep floors until I am done.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Reading the stories on here has changed my mind about going into feeders.

This last peak was totally draining in package working 13.5 to 14 hours for 6 weeks strait. I was ready to make the switch to feeders. We dovetail seniority and I would likely be able to work days at this point. I was not going to switch until I would not have to bounce shifts or work nights.

I have seen many marginal (at best) package drivers who made the switch.
I have heard all the comments about how much easier feeders is. But I definitely have the easiest route out of hundreds in my area. My hours are completely under control using the 9.5 list, except for 6 weeks of peak. It has been a decade since they have even attempted to harass me for production. Could not care less about their warning letters for other piddly stuff.

The thought of pulling all that weight while struggling to stay awake is not something I want to experience. I don't do the kind of miles feeders does but after decades of 200 mile days in package, I have seen driving situations that will scare the crap out of you, no matter how careful you are.

Guess I will finish it out in the brown box or sweep floors until I am done.
Thank you for staying in package. I just ordered more dog food and toilet paper.

35years

Gravy route
Thank you for staying in package. I just ordered more dog food and toilet paper.
Guess I won't have to download the Destination XL big and tall men's clothing app after all. I would post a link but I know you feeda guys are already VIP reward members.