Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I've always been under the impression the compressor was constant boost.

We got any feedah mechanics here?

It's been awhile but for my test we had to say the governor kicked on at 90 and off at no more than 140psi. I'm sure it varies by state but they were making the tests more consistent throughout the country.

Kick it back.
Screenshot_20180407-161943_Chrome.jpg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't know when the last time I worked under 8 or even 8 , they have us on 11 hour days here
But you have to admit that an 11 hour day in feeder feels like 8 it 9... even when shifting and how Monotonous that is it STILL is better than being a slave on a brown pkg car....

Indecisi0n

So I understand the work is "easier" but do all drivers not mind working 11-14 hours a day? Even though its not package it still seems like a long day.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
So I understand the work is "easier" but do all drivers not mind working 11-14 hours a day? Even though its not package it still seems like a long day.

If you fly because an 8 hour drive is too long, this may not be the job for you. I've seen mileage runs over 670 miles daily...when you start running 550+ miles plus through large cities during rush hour, it's a long day or night.

We have quite a few runs that push you right up against the 11 hours of drivetime. Doing that in bad weather, beach or hurricane traffic can really wear you out mentally.

Also, I had no idea how many stupid drivers therethere until I went into feeders...it's a constant battle with people cutting in front of you, or even brake checking you.

Indecisi0n

If you fly because an 8 hour drive is too long, this may not be the job for you. I've seen mileage runs over 670 miles daily...when you start running 550+ miles plus through large cities during rush hour, it's a long day or night.

We have quite a few runs that push you right up against the 11 hours of drivetime. Doing that in bad weather, beach or hurricane traffic can really wear you out mentally.

Also, I had no idea how many stupid drivers therethere until I went into feeders...it's a constant battle with people cutting in front of you, or even brake checking you.

I am not saying to run just so you an be off at 8. I am asking doesn't the constantly long nights get to you over time? Or maybe its that you just adjust to it. Listen we all know package sucks but its really nice to get a 8 hour day here and there to help recoop. Just spit ballin.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I am not saying to run just so you an be off at 8. I am asking doesn't the constantly long nights get to you over time? Or maybe its that you just adjust to it. Listen we all know package sucks but its really nice to get a 8 hour day here and there to help recoop. Just spit ballin.

We have some runs with fewer hours each day but for the most part if you get back early they send you a CPU when you inbound. Where I am it's a lot like package with the favoratism. Some guys who dispatch likes ask to lose a pickup and guess where it reappears...

You also have to take into account weekend work. Probably half of our runs have some weekend hours to them. It may be twilight loads bringing back preloads on a Saturday morning, mileage runs scheduled to run Saturday or Sunday or runs that start some time on Sunday. Where I am it takes some juice to get a morning start time that is between M-friend.

Personally, I think the good package jobs are better than the bad feeder jobs but some would disagree.