Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Drivers would fight for those hours at my building. Here the best jobs start between 3-5AM and are between 11 and 12 hours per day of paid time.
Never seen money grubbers like the feeder department. I don't want 60 hours/week and I'm definitely in the minority, our guys get all exited at peak when they bump us up to 70/8, it's like xmas all month for these cats.

Indecisi0n

Never seen money grubbers like the feeder department. I don't want 60 hours/week and I'm definitely in the minority, our guys get all exited at peak when they bump us up to 70/8, it's like xmas all month for these cats.
Feedas sure do like their OT.

Indecisi0n

giphy.gif

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
And I expected to be at the bottom for a bit. I am OK with it being I have the mindset that everyone needs to "pay their dues".
It depends on the individual feeder department. Historically, feeder drivers declined promotion into management. In my department, something must have changed, because 5 or 6 high seniority drivers went into management at one time. That caused openings, and I got in. Right after I retired, They added like 22 sleeper runs. That's 44 new drivers they needed right now. You might get lucky and fall into something. Especially if a senior driver wants you as a partner on a sleeper run. Instant big bucks. A guy I keep in touch with has been on a sleeper team for 15 years. He just changed feeder jobs and asked a newbie to be his partner. They split all mileage. Don't know what the newbie made in pkg, but he makes 150k now.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It depends on the individual feeder department. Historically, feeder drivers declined promotion into management. In my department, something must have changed, because 5 or 6 high seniority drivers went into management at one time. That caused openings, and I got in. Right after I retired, They added like 22 sleeper runs. That's 44 new drivers they needed right now. You might get lucky and fall into something. Especially if a senior driver wants you as a partner on a sleeper run. Instant big bucks. A guy I keep in touch with has been on a sleeper team for 15 years. He just changed feeder jobs and asked a newbie to be his partner. They split all mileage. Don't know what the newbie made in pkg, but he makes 150k now.

Don’t really see many senior drivers that would want @Indecisi0n laying behind them

:P:P