over9five

Staff member
A few weeks ago we had a sleeper team stopped on the highway due to snow for 18 hours. 18 hours sharing a small space with another man.

What happens in the sleeper STAYS in the sleeper!

C'mon, bring it back.

Indecisi0n

A few weeks ago we had a sleeper team stopped on the highway due to snow for 18 hours. 18 hours sharing a small space with another man.

What happens in the sleeper STAYS in the sleeper!

C'mon, bring it back.
Were they forced to use body heat to survive? Then as they embraced each other the one guy was like this isn't so weird. Then soft music slowly begins to play in the background...

Copy

35years

Gravy route
Around here you need 35 years seniority to get a day job in feeders...not just a few years. We keep our seniority when we move from pkg.

As to the the worst day in feeders being better than the best day in package...

Many feeder drivers didn't stay in package long enough to experience the good years/routes/seniority perks.

With my seniority...
3 days a week I work under 8 1/2 hours.
I can take days off whenever I feel like it, most of the year.
8 hour requests and weekends off allow me to attend school functions and sports.
I get all my vacations I request.
I move less than 130 boxes all day.

I know most, but not all feeder drivers would never go back to pkg.
I have known 10 who did come back to pkg.

Too many hours away from the wife and kids, and messed up shifts.
Life is more than working 12 hour days.
Just my opinion.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Around here you need 35 years seniority to get a day job in feeders...not just a few years. We keep our seniority when we move from pkg.

Many feeder drivers didn't stay in package long enough to experience the good years/routes/seniority perks.

With my seniority...
8 hour requests and weekends off allow me to attend school functions and sports.

Just my opinion.
Routes like yours are few and far between... tell that to the 25 year old who is moving 6,7 or 800 boxes a day and has the scrub sup on his ass for not pulling his weight even when they are doing more than most of the other drivers...then feeder looks pretty damn good... and who can really wait 39 years for a country run in pkg.. by that time they are crippled

Johney

With my seniority...

Just my opinion.
Kinda sounds like the BOG. But seriously, what you have is unheard of in my building other than vacation picks, there isn't a driver in our building(200) that only handles 130 pieces a day. Even the 20 or so guys with over 30 years. None work 8.5 hours(unless on 8 hour request). When a feeder bid goes up in our building there are over 100 names on it and we only have 20 feeder positions.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Routes like yours are few and far between... tell that to the 25 year old who is moving 6,7 or 800 boxes a day and has the scrub sup on his ass for not pulling his weight even when they are doing more than most of the other drivers...then feeder looks pretty damn good... and who can really wait 39 years for a country run in pkg.. by that time they are crippled
Exactly. Every package driver has told me once somebody retires the gravy routes are chopped up or made into training routes. There are no good routes left.

Indecisi0n

Exactly. Every package driver has told me once somebody retires the gravy routes are chopped up or made into training routes. There are no good routes left.
Bingo. The amount of permanently eliminated routes from drivers is astounding. The writing is on the wall and the faster you adjust the better off you will be later on. Not all centers are run like this and many drivers are OK with their long term routes but this in my opinion is the minority.

NI1

Question: I know a few feeder drivers that went on disability and could not come back to feeder. When they asked to go back to package, feeder want them to pay for their training? Why is this even allowed?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Question: I know a few feeder drivers that went on disability and could not come back to feeder. When they asked to go back to package, feeder want them to pay for their training? Why is this even allowed?
geesus, why not????

someday you may need help.

35years

Gravy route
It takes shtload of time and effort to get a route cut back...but it can be done..
Mine is living proof.
Many, many 9.5 grievances...fought all the way to panel, and with plenty of attempted retaliation from management.
I am so fortunate my dad was so tough on me as a kid. The harassment these guys try is amateur hour.

My constant thought through the process was... If I can't work at a reasonable speed for a reasonable amount of hours, the job is not worth it.
But I am not a quitter, and I don't run away and hide.

So the guys who allow their routes to be ruined without a fight just so they don't become a target, In my opinion, have no right to complain...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Mine is living proof.
Many, many 9.5 grievances...fought all the way to panel, and with plenty of attempted retaliation from management.
I am so fortunate my dad was so tough on me as a kid. The harassment these guys try is amateur hour.

My constant thought through the process was... If I can't work at a reasonable speed for a reasonable amount of hours, the job is not worth it.
But I am not a quitter, and I don't run away and hide.

So the guys who allow their routes to be ruined without a fight just so they don't become a target, In my opinion, have no right to complain...
Good for you ... the key word you said there is “reasonable “..... a word these new guys need to keep in mind