Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You have obviously never had a tire blow on a rail chassis.
Drove about 20 miles the first time I blew a tire on a chassis (per the shop). There were just a few strands of rubber left hanging off the hub by time I got where I was going.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Some of those rails are so jacked anyway I would be afraid that if a tire blew out that the whole back end would fail....
There are some times that you have a flat tire and not even know it for hours. Sometimes it can cause a fire and if it breaks apart and goes thru someone's windshield that could be a problem. Most times it just stays on the rim .

I have switched trailers with a driver that doesn't even bump the tires and he has driven a couple hundred miles on a flat. But if i knew about it i would have it changed. Too many things can go wrong with a bad tire. It's funny , when you know something is wrong the problem only gets bigger and when you don't know things usually go ok like you are lucky or something.

ManInBrown

Anyone have any suggestions for a good flashlight? Buddy of mine said I need to get a small one with a powerful light for feeders. Who knew there were so many different flashlights. Go to Home Depot yesterday and there’s a bunch. Wasn’t sure which one to get

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Anyone have any suggestions for a good flashlight? Buddy of mine said I need to get a small one with a powerful light for feeders. Who knew there were so many different flashlights. Go to Home Depot yesterday and there’s a bunch. Wasn’t sure which one to get
The small little led light ones are good ,, very bright and cheap

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don’t go crazy with a surefire or some high end brand since you’re likely to set it down for a second and drive off...and when you are underneath the trailer checking the couple a 500 watt light will blind you..

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Don’t go crazy with a surefire or some high end brand since you’re likely to set it down for a second and drive off...and when you are underneath the trailer checking the couple a 500 watt light will blind you..
I’ve never heard of anybody driving off and losing a flash light !!

lol. lol. I must of lost a few that way. Hah hah

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I’ve never heard of anybody driving off and losing a flash light !!
Never lost a flashlight, since the one I used was really skinny, and I put it in the part of the pocket that holds pens. I forced myself to put it back in my pocket when not in use. But gloves, I have lost a :censored3:pot of those. A pair of gloves would usually last me 3-4 months. Nothing worse that leaving a new pair of gloves on the DOT bumper, and realizing it on your next TA. Grrrrr..

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Not sure why you would need a powerful one. I just recently lost one I got from the dollar store I had been using for months. The eneloop rechargeable batteries in it cost three times what the light did, gonna have to order more of them.