Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Many guys use headlamps which are very handy for hooking up sets and chaining in the snow.....trying to chain in the dark or holding a flashlight is nearly impossible

I tried one of those. I wasn't impressed. You have to constantly move your head up and down. Sounds like a good idea, but it didn't work out like I thought it would. It's still in my bag. It's not a big deal to have your flash light in your hand while pre-tripping. If you need a free hand, just put it under your armpit. Works like a charm.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If you're on coverage it's easy to leave one in a tractor at the end of your day. Now I make sure to put it back in my bag or on top of my gloves in the door side pocket after every use.

Not me. I cover, and I always check everything when I'm done, because I never know if I'll have that same tractor the next night. I always put my flashlight in the gap between the fire extinguisher and the door. Can't miss it.

Fuhgeddaboudit

I have been in feeders for only 7 months. I've learned a lot and it mostly came from other drivers. I can honestly say its like a brotherhood. Everyone one is real helpful for us new guys. Not like in package if somebody comes out to help because you had a messed up day and they are pissed at you. I've seen some new guys mess up in our yard, drop trailers, hit something, etc... By the time i get out to help, there is already 4 drivers and shifters over there helping. Makes me proud to be a part of the group. Nobody rats anyone out. I'm not afraid to ask for help and at first I was. The best feeling is being taught something by a fellow driver and one day a brand new guy asks me for help and I'm able to pass it along. I learn something new everyday. Feeder life is great, beats package any day of the week. This thread has also helped me. I've been reading it for the past year and finally decided to make an account. Gone thru almost every page and learned so much. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and advice. Helped me get thru the days that were hard in the beginning. Drive safe everyone!!

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Sometimes truck stops are full, or sometimes they may charge. Walmart used to be a safe place to sleep, but a lot of them are prohibiting overnight parking. State laws may vary. In Texas, I believe you have to be 12' off the road to stop and park.