Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
We are still 60/7 as well and we were at 70/8 part of last year.

This year 2/3 of our peak bids are absolute junk...shifting and WAD. I doubt they raise us this year, guys will just sit on the yard to get their 70.

I don't understand how it makes sense to go on a hiring spree, then put all of the new drivers on the yard doing 2 shifts an hour while contractors are coming and going all day long. Brilliant!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We are still 60/7 as well and we were at 70/8 part of last year.

This year 2/3 of our peak bids are absolute junk...shifting and WAD. I doubt they raise us this year, guys will just sit on the yard to get their 70.

I don't understand how it makes sense to go on a hiring spree, then put all of the new drivers on the yard doing 2 shifts an hour while contractors are coming and going all day long. Brilliant!

Because if they didn't give the shiny wheels the work, they would not stick around.

And they would rather pay us to do nothing than to not have enough drivers.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You make that sound intentional and punitive. Is it?
Absolutely not. The run times from where we are running the work just makes it nearly impossible to put it on you guys. This way we free up capacity in your building. Those runs aren’t disappearing, the legs are just being added elsewhere.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Absolutely not. The run times from where we are running the work just makes it nearly impossible to put it on you guys. This way we free up capacity in your building. Those runs aren’t disappearing, the legs are just being added elsewhere.

What are you doing up?

Isn't it pillow time?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
17 minutes to inbound a single and park it, then hook a set and outbound.... wtf???? Am I the only one who thinks this is totally ridiculous???

Isn't there 10 minutes of extra time on all outbound's before it shows up on a report? I was thinking they said we had 31 minutes to pretrip a tractor and build a set, but my supervisor told me it's really 41.

Make the person bitching show you how it's done, 17 minutes is rediculous. 27 is doable while still being safe.