Indecisi0n

They hand out plastic seals like candy around here, no reason not to carry extras with you.
I am not talking about plastic air seals. There are CPU seals with assigned numbers on them. Agian if I do this the seal with no longer patch the paperwork,.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am not talking about plastic air seals. There are CPU seals with assigned numbers on them. Agian if I do this the seal with no longer patch the paperwork,.

Who is matching the seal to the paperwork?

Pop the seal, put a zip tie on the trailer to appease the DOT, hang onto the original seal with the number if anyone questions it and bring it back to the hub or center.

Everyplace I go to, I just wave off the guards that I don't need cut. Nobody matches the seal number to the paperwork.

A little different if it is a bypass load and the next driver can't match the seal number to the paperwork, but this is a CPU load.

If it's a CPU trailer, you're taking it back to be unloaded, so who cares if the numbers don't match.

Indecisi0n

Who is matching the seal to the paperwork?

Pop the seal, put a zip tie on the trailer to appease the DOT, hang onto the original seal with the number if anyone questions it and bring it back to the hub or center.

Everyplace I go to, I just wave off the guards that I don't need cut. Nobody matches the seal number to the paperwork.

A little different if it is a bypass load and the next driver can't match the seal number to the paperwork, but this is a CPU load.

If it's a CPU trailer, you're taking it back to be unloaded, so who cares if the numbers don't match.
Makes sense, will do.

ManInBrown

I do not pop CPU seals. Most of the CPUs here already have a percentage preset in the ivis. I just leave it like that, and just estimate a total piece number.

P

pickup

When you pickup a cpu sealed with the plastic seals do you look inside to check the load percentage? The IVIS asks for it but the CPU isnt there and it doesn't state on the paper what the percentage is. I could just rip the seal off but I do not I just make up the percentage. What do you guys do?

I bang the side of the trailer near the front side to determine if it is loaded and then work my way back towards the end of the trailer until I get some echoes. If I make it half way back and start getting echoes , it is 50 percent.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
We use a piece count on our sealed cpu loads and enter this number in the percentage/ volume field in the IVIS. This info is on paperwork from the customer along with the date, time, trailer number and seal #. We are told to verify the seal number prior to leaving the customers property. I’m not opening sealed loads unless I’m told to do so by management and I want a record of it if I’m told to open the load. LP isn’t fun to deal with if/when packages go missing. CYA

P

pickup

I bang the side of the trailer near the front side to determine if it is loaded and then work my way back towards the end of the trailer until I get some echoes. If I make it half way back and start getting echoes , it is 50 percent.

Method works really well when the trailer is loaded wall to wall. You need a little more aural discrimination when the loads are palletized and there is space between freight and wall.

Method can also be used if you are trying to find an empty trailer. Lack of an echo when you bang near the front tells you trailer is loaded and you don’t have to waste your time walking to the back and opening the door.

Indecisi0n

We use a piece count on our sealed cpu loads and enter this number in the percentage/ volume field in the IVIS. This info is on paperwork from the customer along with the date, time, trailer number and seal #. We are told to verify the seal number prior to leaving the customers property. I’m not opening sealed loads unless I’m told to do so by management and I want a record of it if I’m told to open the load. LP isn’t fun to deal with if/when packages go missing. CYA

I will look for pieces next time and I'll just enter that. I am not poping seals unless instructed. I'll just list whatever is preloaded in the IVIS.

brostalss

Best is with so many of them dropping trailers in the inbound gate the line for us to get in was really backed up. Can't wait until it really starts picking up.

I heard that last year at one of our local Hubs (Cerritos) the line to get in the yard was backed up to the freeway off ramp.

brostalss

First rain in So Cal last night. A lot of cars facing the wrong way on the freeway. Morons driving too fast. And of course a FedEx ground Feeder jackknifed his set on a freeway.