P

pickup

Every single night, we each get at least one trailer that just plain ol' aint on property. Spend 25 minutes searching Chema for something that isn't here.
WTH?

Sometimes I go to the railyard to see my assigned trailer on the hook of an outbound UPS tractor.

Usually takes me about 40 mins to notify dispatch of their mistake.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
17 minutes to inbound a single and park it, then hook a set and outbound.... wtf???? Am I the only one who thinks this is totally ridiculous???

I know things are different everywhere, but time allowances to pre-trip, post-trip, break a set, hook a set should be the same everywhere.

Our mileage jobs have the pre-trip and post-trip time allotted into the mileage pay. We get extra pay if we have to break a set down or build a set.

We get paid 22 hundreds (13 minutes) to break down a set and 35 hundreds (21 minutes) to hook a set. Remember, this does not include post-trip or pre-trip time.

So that 17 minutes you get is way out of whack. I would call them on it and have them show you the actual allowances you get.

A few minutes to post-trip a single, 21 minutes to hook a set, 10 or so minutes to pre-trip a set gives me about a 35 minute allowance for what you get 17 minutes for. I didn't include tractor pre-trip because you already had that done. This looks like your TA.

Have them show you on paper.

Although, I always tell them that I am the one pulling this set. It does not leave until I feel it is safe, no matter how long it takes. I don't dick around, but I am thorough.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
17 minutes to inbound a single and park it, then hook a set and outbound.... wtf???? Am I the only one who thinks this is totally ridiculous???

Yeah, they say a lot of things. So does the crazy neighbor down the street. I pay them both the same amount of attention.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know things are different everywhere, but time allowances to pre-trip, post-trip, break a set, hook a set should be the same everywhere.

Our mileage jobs have the pre-trip and post-trip time allotted into the mileage pay. We get extra pay if we have to break a set down or build a set.

We get paid 22 hundreds (13 minutes) to break down a set and 35 hundreds (21 minutes) to hook a set. Remember, this does not include post-trip or pre-trip time.

So that 17 minutes you get is way out of whack. I would call them on it and have them show you the actual allowances you get.

A few minutes to post-trip a single, 21 minutes to hook a set, 10 or so minutes to pre-trip a set gives me about a 35 minute allowance for what you get 17 minutes for. I didn't include tractor pre-trip because you already had that done. This looks like your TA.

Have them show you on paper.

Although, I always tell them that I am the one pulling this set. It does not leave until I feel it is safe, no matter how long it takes. I don't dick around, but I am thorough.
I’m just going by what my pull times are in my schedule...I’m really not worried about it but was just curious...what do we get for pre-trip of a tractor??

Last edited:

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I’m just going by what my pull times are in my schedule...I’m really not worried about it but was just curious...what do we get for pre-trip of a tractor??

Never saw just the tractor, and never worried about it because it takes as long as it takes, but on one of my jobs, I got 29 minutes to pre-trip a tractor, hook it to an already built set, and pre-trip the set.

Another job had 25 minutes because the tractor was already hooked to the set.

ManInBrown

Who cares about time allotment. You leave when you deem all equipment to be safe. I had an on road in my building come up to me one day and tell me I don’t care how long it takes, but after 12 minutes of pretrip go into trailer not ready. I leave when I’m ready to leave.

Indecisi0n

When you pickup a cpu sealed with the plastic seals do you look inside to check the load percentage? The IVIS asks for it but the CPU isnt there and it doesn't state on the paper what the percentage is. I could just rip the seal off but I do not I just make up the percentage. What do you guys do?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
When you pickup a cpu sealed with the plastic seals do you look inside to check the load percentage? The IVIS asks for it but the CPU isnt there and it doesn't state on the paper what the percentage is. I could just rip the seal off but I do not I just make up the percentage. What do you guys do?

I usually pop the seal, if nothing else, just to verify that there is actually packages in it.

Then throw on another plastic seal.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A few years back one of our guys made a pickup from amazon, trailer was already sealed so he made up a percentage. Turns out the trailer was empty and he got a warning letter for not verifying the load. So I would definitely pop the seal and look.

Indecisi0n

A few years back one of our guys made a pickup from amazon, trailer was already sealed so he made up a percentage. Turns out the trailer was empty and he got a warning letter for not verifying the load. So I would definitely pop the seal and look.
I usually pop the seal, if nothing else, just to verify that there is actually packages in it.

Then throw on another plastic seal.
I dont have extra seals and no one is there to reseal . Even if they did it wouldnt match the paperwork.