Bratty Brown

We Want Beer
I counted 6 UPS Freight drivers in our Feeder dispatch waiting for the keys to tractors.... Wearing their frieght uniforms and a few with beards. Don't have the story yet but is this happening anywhere else?

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I counted 6 UPS Freight drivers in our Feeder dispatch waiting for the keys to tractors.... Wearing their frieght uniforms and a few with beards. Don't have the story yet but is this happening anywhere else?
Haven’t seen that here yet. I’m curious what supplement you are covered under? Are the freight drivers in the same local as you?

P

pickup

Saw one at my dispatch window today getting directions. I just assumed he had his own UPS freight tractor, now I doubt it.

Hadjabear

How does one pass a DOT physical while rocking a handicap placard? It's a seasonal in our building, pretty sure it's his, he's a big fella.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
What do you guys do?
In a situation like that, some of the drivers I worked with had their own answer. We went into the hub got a new book of seal controls (feeders had them as well) and a handful of all kinds of seals, yellow plastic, metal tape, cable, etc. Kept them in my bag. There are situations that you have to seal the trailer up and there just isn't any management around to do it. I'd call dispatch, tell them what's going on and ask if I can make up a new seal. They would always say yes. I never had an issue in 29 years. An example: It rarely happens, but if you get pulled over by the DOT or go through a weigh station and get an inspection, they could ask you to cut the seal off a trailer to check your hazmats or if the load is secured with a load retainer. Of course, I'm sure something like carrying your own seals and seal control book is never done anymore.:speechless:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
An example: It rarely happens, but if you get pulled over by the DOT or go through a weigh station and get an inspection, they could ask you to cut the seal off a trailer to check your hazmats or if the load is secured with a load retainer

We have been told numerous times the only people allowed to cut seals and enter our trailers are DHS. Maybe it's different because we are an air building, I'm not sure.

We are also expected to have seals with us at all times for CPU work. Most tractors have them in the door side pocket, but I check when I pretrip and keep after extras in my cooler pocket in case I forget.