burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How do you old guys do it ? I can't back up a pup and dolly to save my life ! Haha

Even trying to just straight back it .
3F76E0AE-1EDF-419F-9C08-76D4F7088C5B.jpeg

brostalss

How do you old guys do it ? I can't back up a pup and dolly to save my life ! Haha

We have a guy here just determined to back doubles. Was watching him do it the other night. I could have broken down a set and parked both boxes by the time he had the back box parked. I admire his determination but management may want to know why he's taking so long in between pulls.

Indecisi0n

We have a guy here just determined to back doubles. Was watching him do it the other night. I could have broken down a set and parked both boxes by the time he had the back box parked. I admire his determination but management may want to know why he's taking so long in between pulls.
I would never try to back doubles but a pup and a dolly I will get .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Weight stations? Ain't nobody got time for that. Cut all lights and mash the gas pedal !!!!

But on the for reals, most stations have signs posted to leave the lights on. I leave mine on. Only lights I might turn off are the fogs.
You better be turning off those fogs in the yard.... someone’s going to give you a tongue lashing

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s not a ups method and it’s just someone trying to be a super trucker... I haven’t found a need yet in here to have to back a set more than a few feet...

fedx

Extra Large Package
Weight stations? Ain't nobody got time for that. Cut all lights and mash the gas pedal !!!!

But on the for reals, most stations have signs posted to leave the lights on. I leave mine on. Only lights I might turn off are the fogs.

And I noticed they have a mirror next to the scales to see if your trailer tail lights are out as you're pulling up.

Pickles

Any thoughts on when feeder drivers won't be needed anymore due to automated trucks? My guess is somewhere between the years 2030-2035.

trickpony1

Turn the steering wheel the way you want the dolly to go. Just a slight turn will do the trick because the dolly will cut real quick.

As you start to back, come out of the turn and follow the dolly.

Helpful hints:
-it is easier to pull forward and try again (this doesn't mean pull 50 ft forward) than to wrestle it in.
-try to avoid using the passenger mirror to back your pup and dolly. Use your driver mirror.
-I found that backing the pup/dolly with the front trailer at a slight angle (approx. 10-15 degrees to the driver's side) lets you see more.
-never, ever lose sight of your dolly. I've seen a dolly get bent from being jackknifed against the blindside corner of the trailer.
-don't oversteer...that dolly will cut real quick.
-be patient.

Kick it back.

trickpony1

EDIT:
Not every situation allows backing a pup/dolly.
If you've got a long trailer parked on your blindside you might accidentally slap your pup up against it because you got too far over into your blindside.

Kick me back.

Indecisi0n

Turn the steering wheel the way you want the dolly to go. Just a slight turn will do the trick because the dolly will cut real quick.

As you start to back, come out of the turn and follow the dolly.

Helpful hints:
-it is easier to pull forward and try again (this doesn't mean pull 50 ft forward) than to wrestle it in.
-try to avoid using the passenger mirror to back your pup and dolly. Use your driver mirror.
-I found that backing the pup/dolly with the front trailer at a slight angle (approx. 10-15 degrees to the driver's side) lets you see more.
-never, ever lose sight of your dolly. I've seen a dolly get bent from being jackknifed against the blindside corner of the trailer.
-don't oversteer...that dolly will cut real quick.
-be patient.

Kick it back.
When I was practicing I would keep moving forward to straighten the dup and dolly and found myself like 30 feet from when I initially setup from all my resets .haha

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!