DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
U-Haul truck driver killed on I-11 in wrong-way, head-on collision
5cac96d6a39c8.image.jpg

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Not many 8 hr Feeder jobs in AZ, Most are scheduled 9.5-11.5 with some 12 & 13. I tell new drivers to plan on 12 hours and they will rarely be disappointed. We are chronically short on drivers, supposed to train 40+ this year.

Thanks for that info. So it sounds like anything is possible driving feeder (from doing nothing to driving a yard mule). The 300-350 miles is that one way or round trip? If it's one way that would be cutting it close to the 11 hr driving rule. I'm guess it's round trip since you said you generally work 9-10 hours. I really wouldn't want to work more than that anyway. Some other companies make their drivers work 12-14 hrs. I would get burned out in no time doing those kind of hours. All you would be doing is working, going home to eat dinner, going to bed, and then waking up to go back to work, and repeat.

Undercover Boss

Who says we can’t use logic?
I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK!!! What book you ask? this thread! :clap: Took me a whole week and reading it in my spare time but i did it. I must say there is a lot of useful information on here and lots of funny relationships you guys have. This is probably going to be a long post i apologize in advance. Let me start off by saying thank you all for your insight, knowledge, and wisdom. All this info makes me feel a better about going feeder.

A little about me I started at UPS 2 years ago as an off the street PC driver. I transferred to a new hub after 1 year and 6 months after that Im making the jump to feeder. I know I've had a lucky UPS Career in terms of being feeder 3 years in. But now that i've caught up to the end i can now be a part of the book. Im sure i'll be posting questions and items of concern as they come up.

Indecisi0n

I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED THIS BOOK!!! What book you ask? this thread! :clap: Took me a whole week and reading it in my spare time but i did it. I must say there is a lot of useful information on here and lots of funny relationships you guys have. This is probably going to be a long post i apologize in advance. Let me start off by saying thank you all for your insight, knowledge, and wisdom. All this info makes me feel a better about going feeder.

A little about me I started at UPS 2 years ago as an off the street PC driver. I transferred to a new hub after 1 year and 6 months after that Im making the jump to feeder. I know I've had a lucky UPS Career in terms of being feeder 3 years in. But now that i've caught up to the end i can now be a part of the book. Im sure i'll be posting questions and items of concern as they come up.
What's your waist size ?

brostalss

Not many 8 hr Feeder jobs in AZ, Most are scheduled 9.5-11.5 with some 12 & 13. I tell new drivers to plan on 12 hours and they will rarely be disappointed. We are chronically short on drivers, supposed to train 40+ this year.

I met up with a Phoenix Feeder driver one week to switch loads. He was telling me how they are only training the new drivers on automatics.

Indecisi0n

I met up with a Phoenix Feeder driver one week to switch loads. He was telling me how they are only training the new drivers on automatics.
I heard the same thing. In fact I was told it was possible to take your CDL test in an automatic and if that's the case then you are ONLY able to drive automatics. I still don't believe it.